2013 Intrust Super Cup Draw

2013 Intrust Super Cup Draw: download here

Former Queensland Maroons prop Petero Civoniceva will feature in the grand final re-match between fierce bayside rivals the Redcliffe Dolphins and Wynnum Manly Seagulls in March next year.

The Round 1 Intrust Super Cup blockbuster at BMD Kougari Oval will pit Civoniceva?s Dolphins against the two-time premiers.

A proud Redcliffe junior, Civoniceva was a spectator at last September?s grand final ? won 20-10 by the Seagulls.

?I can?t wait for the new Intrust Super Cup season,? Civoniceva said.

?For me, it?s linking back to my junior club where it all started.

?We saw what Dane Carlaw did with Wynnum Manly this season. He?s been tremendous and I think for me, it?s doing that similar sort of role.

"Being a senior player in the game, I am really looking forward to working with the young guys out at Redcliffe.?

The Round 1 clash between the Seagulls and Dolphins is one of six huge matches that will kick off the 2013 season on the weekend of March 16-17.

The opening round also includes the coastal derby between Tweed Heads and the Burleigh Bears, as well as the heavyweight northern clash between the Pride and Mackay Cutters in Cairns.

Traditional rivals Souths Logan tackle the Easts Tigers at Davies Park, Ipswich is at home to 2012 nemesis Norths Devils; and the new-look Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles will host the Central Capras.

This year?s competition will again feature a top five finals format, commencing on the weekend of September 7-8.

The clubs will be pressing for a grand final berth at Suncorp Stadium on September 29.

In a slight change to the draw from previous years, the 2013 season will be played over 24 rounds with all teams having two byes.

The match-of-the-round will again be televised live on Channel 9 each Sunday from 2pm.

Two of the major highlights of the regular season are the Men of League Rivalry Round (July 6-7) and Country Week (August 3-4), while all eyes will be on the selection of the XXXX Queensland Residents team for the July showdown against New South Wales.

Clubs have bolstered their playing rosters in the off-season.
Intrust Super Cup Player Gains & Losses

But the most significant changes have come in the form of the coaching ranks, with former NSW Blues coach Graham Murray one of seven new head coaches.

Murray replaces the successful Paul Green (Sydney Roosters) at Wynnum Manly, while the other new coaches are Carl Briggs (Burleigh Bears), Craig Ingebrigtsen (Easts Tigers), Kim Williams (Mackay Cutters), Jason Demetriou (Northern Pride), Andrew Wynyard (Norths Devils) and Aaron Zimmerle (Tweed Heads).

QRL Major Competitions general manager Jamie O?Connor said there was a lot for fans to get excited about leading into the new season.

?The 2012 Intrust Super Cup was a wonderful success and we are looking to build on that as we head into 2013,? O?Connor said.

?There is a real sense of anticipation surrounding the competition at the moment. The release of the Intrust Super Cup draw shows the countdown to the 2013 is well and truly underway and we are looking forward to launching the season as well as some new initiatives early next year.

?The Round 1 match ups are superb and they will provide a glimpse of the excitement to follow throughout the rest of the season.?

Fans can ?like? the Intrust Super Cup page on Facebook, or ?follow? it on Twitter by using the match hashtags and #intrustsupercup

http://www.qrl.com.au