Default Raiders pinch champion halfback Brett Kimmorley from Bulldogs

By Dean Ritchie The Daily Telegraph December 10, 2012 8:23AM

Kimmorley, 36, has signed a two-year deal to be Canberra's full-time assistant coach. He starts work with the Raiders on Monday morning.

"I wanted the best person for the job that would suit our coaching staff and the players," Raiders head coach David Furner said.

"Noddy has had a full season under Des Hasler at the Bulldogs and they had success this year, which Brett was involved with.

"I have had a couple of really good meetings with Brett and everything was settled on Friday.

"He will certainly add to our squad. Apart from his playing experience, Noddy has massive potential in the coaching department.

"Noddy is competitive and has a willingness to learn as much as possible. He is looking forward to the challenge."

Kimmorley, who had one season as a part-timer on Hasler's coaching staff, will replace former Raiders assistant coach Justin Morgan.

Furner originally spoke to former Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens about a consultancy role but the Test coach chose to concentrate on his Kangaroos duties.

Former player Andrew Dunemann will also be a Canberra assistant coach.

"We have made some additions to the coaching staff which I am pretty excited about," Furner said.

Kimmorley played 307 NRL games for six clubs, 20 Tests and 10 State of Origin games for NSW. He retired after the 2010 season.

He moved to the national capital over the weekend.

Meanwhile, Canberra's players have been enduring an intense pre-Christmas training regimen.

Canberra's strength and conditioning team have been focusing on Max Aerobic Speed (MAS) and aerobic endurance.

The two main testing measures have been 10m sprints and 1200m time trials.

"We've been focusing on the players' speed and endurance in this block of training, while at the same time maintaining their strength work in the gym," the club's strength and rehabilitation coach Leigh Woodbridge said.

"We're proud to say that every single member of the squad has improved on their times for the 1200m run.

"The squad as a whole is in very good shape but we'll be looking to build the intensity over the next two weeks."

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/n...#ixzz2EbrEAul4
    #itaintweaktospeak

Good to see the Dogs having someone pinched from under their noses for a change.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Not sure if its from "under their noses"/ Looks like they have let him gone to a higher role at another organisation with more opportunity through the coaching ranks.

Maybe he can teach the Raiders how to throw the 'intercept pass'. I was there that night and I could see it coming before he even thought it.

Oh...No prizes, but what night was that?

I don't care where he goes as long as it isn't to us...........

origin 1. 19-19 overtime. he sees matt bowen out of the corner of his eye and wonders if he can hit him on the chest.

Kimmorley must be paying his own way for the gig. Got me buggered why any club would want to pay for his services.

You guys are very hard markers ... if anybody needed a hand it would have to be that incestuous group of Furners.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Kimmorley must be paying his own way for the gig. Got me buggered why any club would want to pay for his services.
    Easy to get you buggered...Kimmorley knows his footy.

Noddy isn't my favourite player but I think he is a good coach and had an impact at the Bulldogs and hope he can help the Raiders, just not when we play em though. They are always tough against us.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Kimmorley can't have been too bad, he kept ' greatest ever player' Andrew johns out of the 7 jumper for NSW and Australian teams for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Kimmorley can't have been too bad, he kept ' greatest ever player' Andrew johns out of the 7 jumper for NSW and Australian teams for a few years.
    True but I think some of the credit needs to go to Chris Anderson as well.

But it is quite a claim to fame!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

That's why I've never thought much of of him (plus the fact he shown no loyalty to any club, because he's damn near played for every one of them). Why he kept getting selected over Johns never did make sense. Johns (to me) was clearly the better man for the job, of that era of origin.
    Last edited by Toads; 11-12-12 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Easy to get you buggered...Kimmorley knows his footy.
    Maybe, but can he get his experience across into this mob?.. It'll be interesting to see what he can do for the Raiders. Though I'm not expecting any miracles coming out Canberra any time soon. Top 8 for 2013 should be about the best they can expect. With or without Noddy's input..
    Last edited by Toads; 11-12-12 at 01:31 PM.

origin 1. 19-19 overtime. he sees matt bowen out of the corner of his eye and wonders if he can hit him on the chest.
    Turns out he did!...best pass ever....if yr a Qlder.

After I wiped my tears away I said to the Qlder sitting in the row in front (perfect stranger)..."Geez mate, great pass, you blokes should sign him up". His reply was 'No thanks, he has the ball handling skills of a Lesbian."
    Last edited by shamus; 11-12-12 at 02:20 PM.