Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    QLD Cup Titan

It's not impossible to think of Smith being selected ahead of both Prince & Thurston. I think that Prince struggles without Marshall & I feel that Thurston's rep future lies at five-eighth. I think he is far better in the five-eigth role.

Quote Originally Posted by Ipswich Fan
    It's not impossible to think of Smith being selected ahead of both Prince & Thurston. I think that Prince struggles without Marshall & I feel that Thurston's rep future lies at five-eighth. I think he is far better in the five-eigth role.
    Fair call.

Scott Prince played in 2004 Series and handled the job well combining with Darren Lockyer - I don't think he struggles with out Marshall at all IMO. Sure, having a great attacking talent outside is going to help, though Prince can get the job done with a lesser player. Didn't happen on Saturday morning, but who in the Tigers team played overly well?

With Flannery an interesting point raised - good enough for the 44 man Australian squad yet not good enough for the 26 man QLD team :hmm:

Also, none of these players are hard one by in being left out of the QLD squad IMO - Tonie Carroll, Brad Thorn, Corey Parker, Dane Carlaw and Casey McGuire.

No I agree - I also think that Prince struggles a little without a player of MArshalls type beside him.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink
    No I agree - I also think that Prince struggles a little without a player of MArshalls type beside him.
    Kinda' obvious Dakink that losing a Marshall, Lockyer, Barrett etc. is going to detract from his halfbacks game a little when more defensive attention would be headed their way...

Scott Prince in 2004 led the Tigers to within one win of a finals birth playing in 21 games for the Tigers to Benji's meager 7. Prince's form was also good enough to earn S.O.O. selection that year and that was without playing a game with Benji Marshall until round 10, the game before Origin selection. On his own, he impressed the QLD selectors playing inside a make shift five-eight like Daniel Fitzhenry.

True - Just saying that Im not fully convinced he is as good as the press says just yet.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

yay nate myles and willie tonga...

boo qld..

go nsw

lol :]