Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Nope.

Really happy to hear how much fun everyone had today. And thanks for soothe stories. Helps me enjoy what I missed out on.

Anyone get a jersey today?
    Mate my family had a ball. Even small things like we expected the rides and ponies and stuff would be like 5 bucks like normal shows/fairs but it was all just out of goodwill.

I had ordered a jersey previously so I'm committed to that, but if I wasn't I would have def bought one and got everyone's signatures.

I was there but didnt stay long got called into work for the night. good to see all players out but yeah was HOT. A few players i didnt have a clue who were LOL.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    The bloke with the water pistol is well known in the Legion & he's a few sandwiches short so don't take anything from it , I saw him spray Carty who took it from him & tried to spray his own players but it back fired

Mead was there apart from Birdy the only bloke I couldn't see was the Rat
    Oh ok thanks for that. Thought he may be, but didn't want to jump to any conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    The bloke with the water pistol is well known in the Legion & he's a few sandwiches short so don't take anything from it , I saw him spray Carty who took it from him & tried to spray his own players but it back fired

Mead was there apart from Birdy the only bloke I couldn't see was the Rat
    Did u spot Luke Douglas? I missed just him and Birdman I think.

It was a great day, well done to everyone involved in making it happen. I it becomes an annual event. The kids loved it, everything from climbing wall, chair-o-plane, pony rides, etc. Bloody hot though. For those who stayed to the end, the 4n20 van was giving away pies.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Big Jamal Idris looked trim and fit!
    Yep, I'm gonna remove my banner on my posts because he looks like a footballer now. I had a quick chat with him about his hip (while my kids were on the chair-o-plane ride, and he was in the line, so you know he fits into one of those little plastic seats now!).... anyway, he said he is able to sit cross-legged for the first time since he was in grade 2, so I take it he has a lot more flexibility in his hips now, so hopefully he will be putting the big step on in 2013.

ps, he seems like a really nice guy too. Easy going and willing to chat.

My kids are getting in to their teens now so the rides and autographs are not of as greater interest now. We just collected our membership stuff, had a quick look and left, which many others seemed to do. The day seemed well organised but as I mentioned earlier my preference would be a return to the race day. We could still have all the rides and stuff for the younger ones and I could donate to the bookies christmas funds.
    Not a criticism of the day at all, just my preference.