Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Glad to hear he went really well today. When you get dropped you can either sook it up or give it a real go to get back. Well done Dave.

from http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1226625362350

DAVE Taylor has submitted a strong case for a recall to the Titans with a rampaging man-of-the-match performance for Tweed Heads against Easts Tigers in the Intrust Super Cup today.

Axed from the NRL for two weeks for a disciplinary breach, The Coaltrain was a class above as he steamrolled the hapless Tigers to help Tweed to a 23-20 victory at Langlands Park.

Playing in jumper No. 20, Taylor set up two tries and scored one himself with a barging solo effort from close range in the 39th minute to give Tweed a 16-8 half-time lead.

The former Test forward's second try-assist - a sublime cut-out pass for winger Ali Hijazi's 65th minute effort - gave the Seagulls a 22-14 lead and ultimately proved the match winner.

Titans assistant Trevor Gillmeister attended the clash and coach John Cartwright will find it difficult to ignore Taylor for next Sunday's clash against Newcastle at Skilled Park.

Of equal importance was Taylor's mental approach. Rather than wallow among lesser-talented opponents, he was busy from the outset, going to the half-time break with 15 hit-ups and six offloads as the Tigers struggled to contain his 120kg frame.

He finished with 21 hit-ups, 15 tackles and seven offloads to make a statement in front of Queensland selector Des Morris, who was watching on as Easts Tigers chief executive.

Taylor even produced a series of grubber kicks - one almost led to a first-half try - and while another was a risky play it typified his willingness to get involved at his temporary club.

The Queensland Origin hulk said later it was pleasing to return to football after being relegated and fined an undisclosed amount by the Titans a fortnight ago.

"It was tough, it went down to the last minutes and we hung on," he said.

"We played strongly and that's what we spoke about before the game.

"It was good to get another 'meat pie' (try) personally and we hung on for a win."

Asked if he hoped to be back with the Titans this week, Taylor said: "Sorry I can't talk about that ... I don't want to make the Titans angry."

Love that big DT had a good game, but I don't like that last quote at all...

Quote Originally Posted by kickit2gordon View Post
    Asked if he hoped to be back with the Titans this week, Taylor said: "Sorry I can't talk about that ... I don't want to make the Titans angry."

Love that big DT had a good game, but I don't like that last quote at all...
    Does seem like a childish thing to say

yeah you can take it too ways.

most likely, he just doesnt want to talk out of place, and is happy to wear another game for tweed,

or the other interpretation is that he doesnt want to make them angry by saying hes happy to play for tweed and not the titans....

surely its the first, especially after he played today like he was proving he should be back in the NRL team.

He just doesn't get it. That was a childish way to respond to a question. It was almost as bad as Darius Boyd not answering questions at a press conference.

not the sharpest knife in the kitchen ... the coal brain.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

So we bring him back asap? Or give him another week in the QCUP?
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    not the sharpest knife in the kitchen ... the coal brain.
    Do you have to?
    He is part of our club

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Do you have to?
    He is part of our club
    What are you on about? Don't take it personally boss

I for one found Titanic's post amusing. Never fails to bring some wit even if it means I have to search for some of the words in his posts in a dictionary

Not sure if DT doesn't know how to express himself properly or if he meant it in a spiteful manner. His attitude at training this week should give the club a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    What are you on about? Don't take it personally boss

I for one found Titanic's post amusing. Never fails to bring some wit even if it means I have to search for some of the words in his posts in a dictionary

Not sure if DT doesn't know how to express himself properly or if he meant it in a spiteful manner. His attitude at training this week should give the club a clue.
    Now I know why they took the forum link away from the main website.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Now I know why they took the forum link away from the main website.
    Elaborate, I dare ya.

Hey guys here are some highlights from the Tweed game in the weekend for anyone who missed it or wants to see it again. Figured I'd post it here because quite frankly DT was ripping.

Quite a spectacular try to the tigers winger

Big DT has copped it on the chin and now should be rewarded with a return to the NRL.. You dont have a guy like him running around the Q,cup. He needs to be in our team.
    Sure DT may have made himself look the goose re his comments, however he has never been to crash hot in front of the cameras. (Maybe some media style training should be given to him considering every man and dog wants to interview the Coaltrain)
    Go big fella.... He will terrorise the knights out in the centres....

Interesting article from Petero on the Coaltrain...
    http://www.nrl.com/taylors-rugby-lea...6/default.aspx

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Geeman View Post
    Interesting article from Petero on the Coaltrain...
    http://www.nrl.com/taylors-rugby-lea...6/default.aspx
    This is a far kinder assessment of DT's personality than we have heard recently. Andrew Johns' and Bennett's reported comments must have cut Dave to the quick. I hope he can bounce back and take strength from proving others wrong. If his performance this weekend is anything to go by then he's well on the way. Like Perero says...just play great footy.