Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Wii U

Default Nintendo Wii U

Going to launch in Oz on Friday, 30 November.

I've got one put aside.

EB Games are once again ripping people off offering the Deluxe set for approx $429. KMart have it for $379! EB wont price match at the midnight launch because "K Mart isnt open."

K Mart also offering games for $59 and $69.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Games I'd like to get.

Nintendo Land - With Deluxe Set.
    Batman
    Mass Effect 3
    Black Ops
    Mario U

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

DUnno doesnt look that great , doesnt offer anything better then whats already out there.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Well I got my Nintendo Wii U. They probably should have called it something else to avoid confusion but I guess didn't wanna surrender the Wii brand.

I'm in love with the game pad and the screen is so bloody useful. Especially in game such as Mass Effect 3.

Ive go Nintendo Land, Mario U and Mass Effect 3.

When I'm done I will plough my way through some Wii games I have t touched or finished. Then maybe buy Batman or Black Ops 2.

But Aliens: Colonial Marines is truly the game im lusting for. But it's a couple months away yet.

how is it DH?

i have been a nintendo man from way back and had each console.

mario is still my life mascot and reminds me to stay young no matter what.

i was all set to get it on launch, but i just thought id wait and see the reaction, as i bought a PS3 recently to play fifa13 and Rugby league Live 2.

is it worth it? i would only be looking at nintendoland, and a coupld of others for now....think i will get one once a mario/zelda/metroid comes out i would say.

Nintendo are certainly holding Zelda and Mario back to combat the next XBOX and Sony entries.

So far I've really enjoyed the Wii U actually I'm obsessed by it.

One cool thing is many games you can switch to playin on the game pad. And you can play it near by. Like in your room. Mario U for example.

Packing up the WiiU and taking it to a friends to give NintendoLand a huge workover.

Playing ZombiU. It's actually better than I hoped.

Really cool and creative video about the new Smash Bros game coming to WiiU and 3DS. It's fired me up.

The original game nearly causes the end of my highschool relationship. We were just so ultra competitive and trained in secret.

hahah man ive been waiting for the boo yah games to come like Smash Bros, Zelda, Mario and a few others. I have always been a huge nintendo fanboy.

I think i took a loan out once for my N64 when i was younger and financially irresponsible.

my first pay check from my first job was a super nes and 7 games.

My GameCube and zelda windwaker got me through my first relationship breakup when i was a right mess... so many memories.

My favourite and best xmas suprise ever was when i got a NES and tv when i was 8 years old.

im slowly collecting some great Roms on my computer to play some of these old classics, but soon the Wii U will be part of the rich legacy Nintendo has played in my life.

Vale Hiroshi Yamauchi. Former President of Nintendo. Turned family company which made playing cards into world's greatest video game company

hey Diehard,

im a week or so from picking up a WiiU i reckon.

it now has zelda wind waker which id love to play again, mario world 3d, plus a steady stream of AAA iconic games on the horizon.

Plus, i am going to go nuts in the virtual store, pick up all the old mario, zelda,metroid, and other classic games too.

am i right in saying that virtual console games are playable on the handheld gamepad? that is handy and cool.

any other useful features? like the netfilx / internet type ones?

Yea you can play the virtual console games on the game pad. They are adding Gameboy Advance games in April.

I really love the gamepad. I havent really used netflix or anything yet, only just got a really good internet connection.

Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 are also on the way.