Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Mark Ioane - 2013 Player Discussion

Mark Ioane holding nothing back for NRL dream

After signing a one-year contract with the iSelect Gold Coast Titans, young prop Mark Ioane is hoping to prove himself to secure an NRL debut.

?Getting my NRL debut will be the best thing that?s ever happened to me, that?s my aim for this year,? said Ioane who arrived on the Gold Coast this week. ?This year will be my proving point to see where I?m at and see if I can do this.?

The 22 year old has been on the Raiders roster for the past two years and while he didn?t play first grade, he won the player of the year award at Canberra?s feeder club, The Mounties, in the NSW Cup.

?At first I thought it would be easy (to debut) but coming up I?ve learned a lot about just knowing what to expect for this pre-season. The main thing is I just have to train harder. My aim is to just get a lot fitter, a lot stronger and be more active on the field, do the best I can and prove myself.?

Coach John Cartwright had another reason for his new recruit not making the first grade cut at Canberra. There were a number of big name and big frame players in front of him.

?He was just stuck in a bit of queue in Canberra, they tend to go for a different style of front rower down there, tall and ?rangey? fellows, and he doesn?t fit that mould,? Cartwright said.

Ioane is no stranger to success. In 2010, he was part of the Warriors Toyota Cup premiership team and represented the New Zealand Junior Kiwis in the same year.

?It was probably the best feeling I have ever had playing rugby league. Just being a youngster growing up watching grand final day and your favourite players and wondering If I could get there. So winning the championship was awesome,? said Ioane.

Awesome too is the difference Ioane sees between playing at junior level versus playing NRL first grade. One of the bigger players while playing in the Toyota Cup, Ioane has worked hard on his fitness without sacrificing his size.

?Just getting used to the fitness side of it and adapting to the physical side, being around men instead of boys so just trying to adapt to that has been interesting" he said. "I?m still getting bigger just a lot trimmer and fitter, that?s what I?m aiming for.?

Senior Titans players have taken Ioane under their wing since pre-season training began to improve his performance and get himself match ready.

Ioane said, ?Luke Bailey and Nate Myles have been helping me out a lot since I?ve been here. They?ve just given me pointers on how to get feedback away from the coaches and how to improve my game.?

http://www.titans.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Good buy but had we not purchased him, we might of kept Lawrence. Much younger than Lawrence though.

Ioane was one of the front rowers on my list to purchase. He is a mobile forward, strong with good footwork. Exactly what we lack of. Majority of our forwards just charge up one dimensionally. He'll be interesting to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Ioane said, ?Luke Bailey and Nate Myles have been helping me out a lot since I?ve been here. They?ve just given me pointers on how to get feedback away from the coaches and how to improve my game.?

http://www.titans.com.au/
    yes...that is an important thing to do at the Titans.
    Good on Myles and Bailey...leadership material there.

I hope that means that Cartwright is just filling out team sheets.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Carty mentioned Ioane being behind a few forwards at the Raiders, he will have an equally long wait at this club aswell.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Carty mentioned Ioane being behind a few forwards at the Raiders, he will have an equally long wait at this club aswell.
    That's exactly what I thought when Carty came out with the comment. Either way, I hope they do give him some game time.. Because if he has a bit of what Digby has, he'll be a devastating player. Just imagine, Ioane being slipped the pill from Kelly..

yeah good comment by The Mole at top of page, he uses some nice footwork before the line.

Junior Titan

He will be a great buy.Showsba lot of promise.

Junior Titan

Smile New Player Mark O'Dare 2013

I urge all Titains supporters to look at new guy Mark O'Dare on you tube.On you tube as Mark O'Dare rugby he would have to be the quickest player I have seen in years.I know people who know of him he has a rugby league background on the central coast nsw.He played for Sydney university in rugby .Last year he was unstoppable.He trained with sprint guru Roger Fabri who considers this kid as amongst the quickest he has ever seen.He plays Fuulback centre and wing.He is also big and strong and tackles like a demon.

Go the Titains

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dan View Post
    I urge all Titains supporters to look at new guy Mark O'Dare on you tube.On you tube as Mark O'Dare rugby he would have to be the quickest player I have seen in years.I know people who know of him he has a rugby league background on the central coast nsw.He played for Sydney university in rugby .Last year he was unstoppable.He trained with sprint guru Roger Fabri who considers this kid as amongst the quickest he has ever seen.He plays Fuulback centre and wing.He is also big and strong and tackles like a demon.

Go the Titains
    ..and no chance he is a undiscovered. He'd already have 400 clubs lining up for him
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOX4RczR_I4&feature=plcp

And some comments: (1) looked like a left centre to me (2) was astonished by the huge crowds Yawnion attracts (3) gee those boys can tackle.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

David May has a huge wrap on the kid & said he's signed as a winger but looks like a bloody good fullback too.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Damn im more impressed than I thought I would be. Def is a left side player with his jink and bounce to the outside, and a good right left pass.

Some of running Is Lockyer like, except this kid is a bit more rough and tumble and better built at that age.

Purely speculation. But if this bloke is the latest signing, you can figure out for yourself to where Zilly is going. Brace yourselves fella's..

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    ..and no chance he is a undiscovered. He'd already have 400 clubs lining up for him
    You're just mad because it challenges Mead at FB Haha jk bro