Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

So he is going to French Smugby?

I am dissapoint.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    He'll go wherever the money is and why not from his point of view?

From my point of view though, he can bugger off, but then again he doesn't care about that. From the League's point of view they either want to thumb their noses at the gAyFL or spank the player or both but the player doesn't care ... so?

He goes where the money is.
    No pleasure in being right here I must say but the issue at large is what message does this send to us all? Loyalty is dead? The sport should be the whipping boy for any kid who can run and catch?

I am happy he's going to Frogby because that means I don't have to listen to media blah blahing about him. He can make his money and good luck to him but not on my dime.
    Last edited by Titanic; 01-12-12 at 06:59 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Hah Frogby.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Another milking his way through the B grade game
    #itaintweaktospeak

Default Money-hungry Israel Folau has burnt his bridges with rugby league after recent events

by: By Dean Ritchie
    December 03, 2012 9:00AM

Unwanted ... is Israel Folau ruining his chances of a rugby league return?

Former Wallabies coach Eddie Jones says IIsrael Folau could be pushing for a spot in the Australian rugby team in less than a year.
    Just like when he went to earn millions in AFL, Israel Folau will miss rugby league more than we'll miss him.
    And when he realises that the 15-man code can be as frustrating as AFL, there's no way we should welcome him back to rugby league.

Why? Ask Eels coach Ricky Stuart and he'll shake his head and use phrases like "dishonourable and greedy" about Folau and his unaccredited manager Isaac Moses.

Ask Eels great Steve Edge, who played in the first State of Origin match and captained Parramatta to three premierships and the response is also in the negative.

"It's not desirable behaviour," Edge said. "When someone comes to you as Folau did and makes a decision you should stick to it.

"It would be disappointing from Parramatta's point of view but the club should just move on."

Maybe Parramatta should have known better.

When Folau quit the AFL he told media representatives he had not spoken to any clubs, despite already initiating discussions with Parramatta.

His manager lost his accreditation with the NRL for being involved in the Storm's salary cap rorts.

Folau hinted at a switch to rugby union when he walked out of AFL last month.

"It's an option. I played rugby union when I younger as well," he said. "I've got the passion to play (rugby) as well ... I'm leaving all options open."

I$rael and his manager asked rugby league to wait two years while he went off and made millions playing AFL.

They asked the Eels to welcome him back to the game he loved.

And they asked the Eels to break the salary cap to get him back to rugby league.

You know what I$rael, we don't want you back.

Go and play rugby union, stand on the wing where you will see the ball twice a match.

And you can all but rest assured we won't be seeing him playing in Waratahs colours next season.

Their salary cap is stretched and they'd have to rely on a top-up from the Australian Rugby Union, which now more than ever, is hard to imagine.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Looks like it will be announced today playing for the Tahs.

At least we know he is just chasing money and doesnt care what he does.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Well he has once again been proved a mercenary. I just don't understand him. Stays he wants to move to Brisbane cause of family. Then goes to AFL. Attends Parra games and seems to make legitimate friendships. Now out of no where he wants to play Union?!

If he didn't like AFL. I don't think Union will be much better. Sure he will be a Wallaby but it's light years away from Rugby League. A game he was perfectly suited to. At least physically.

I also don't know if he will enjoy the Union culture. And he has managed to alienate the supporters of Australia's two biggest football codes.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Well he has once again been proved a mercenary. I just don't understand him. Stays he wants to move to Brisbane cause of family. Then goes to AFL. Attends Parra games and seems to make legitimate friendships. Now out of no where he wants to play Union?!
    There's not much to understand. He'll do and say anything to get the biggest pay cheque, but make it sound like it's got nothing to do with money.

He wanted nothing to do with being a Minto boy when he could play origin for Queensland, but when the millions were being offered, Queenslander? What? I'm a Western Sydney boy, these are my people! Used the same line to squeeze a big salary out of Parra, and now he has a passion for rugby.

Good on him, an athlete's time is limited, and he's trying to squeeze every last dollar out of it.

Me? I'd rather see players who are passionate about playing the game get our money.

I wouldn't be so sure he'll don a Wallabies jersey anytime soon. Fair enough, the 'Tahs used to pretty well fill the Wallabies squad some time back. But with Ewen McKenzie tipped to replace Robbie Deans (for head coach) next year. It'll be interesting to see who Ewen wants in the 2013 squad, as I'd imagine he'll want a few of his Qld Reds Lads in there..

Interesting times ahead, even though the majority here hate Union.

Was watching Sky News this morning and the ticker read...

Israel is facing mounting pressure for building houses....

And I'm like. WTF has he done now.

... In West Jerusalem.

So how many did Parra let go to clear the decks?

The Whore of Babylon
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

One year deal right? Does he expect Rugby league to attend a mother circus this time next year?

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    One year deal right? Does he expect Rugby league to attend a mother circus this time next year?
    If I read and understood it correctly. It's a 6 Month contract ($250 000) at this stage.

EDIT:
    Folau said money wasn’t the reason behind his decision to sign with the Waratahs.The struggling Super Rugby outfit will sign Folau on a deal worth roughly $250,000 for a six-month stint.
    Source: www.news.com.au/sport/rugby-gold
    Last edited by Toads; 04-12-12 at 01:11 PM.

I see. So off to Nippon Smugby after.