View Poll Results: Who should be 2013 Titans captain?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luke Bailey?

21 38.89%
  • Ashley Harrison?

5 9.26%
  • Greg Bird?

16 29.63%
  • Nate Myles?

9 16.67%
  • Matt Srama?

2 3.70%
  • Aiden Sezer?

0 0%
  • Michael Henderson?

1 1.85%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

I am predicting an injury ravaged season and post season retirement for Bull to be honest. He seems to be getting quite knocked around lately.

I don't rate Bird as a captain.

I don't rate Harrison as a captain.

LOL at Ryan 'Discipline' James as captain.

Srama is young but he puts in always. He isn't ready yet but he will be in a couple of years. I'd throw it to him anyway.
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal's Hamstring View Post
    LOL at Ryan 'Discipline' James as captain.
    Nobody will put Ryan James at captain but my point is...he doesn't back down and has a winning attitude...similar to Wally Lewis.
    I don't want a captain thinking that taking a dive to get a penalty wins games.

I don't mind James but he would be the furthest thing from Wally Lewis.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I don't mind James but he would be the furthest thing from Wally Lewis.
    The original point was we need a captain that has a winning attitude...another thread was talking about mind coaching and one area you can't control from coaching staff is on the field attitude when it changes.

I think coaster had a point regarding turning young footballers career or season around but when it comes to the finals the strong minded captains come forward.

Cam Smith is the best I have ever seen.
    Lockyer wasn't aggressive but knew what play to put on when needed.
    Lewis used his aggression at the right time of the game.
    Fittler just took the line on with a big right foot step

Attitude and momentum can change with one big hit, bad ref call, drop ball or a clever attacking play...this is when you want your captain to lead.

Who in this squad is that person?

Maybe Harrison. Jamal might gee the whole team up if thats what you want from your captain. Is Dave Taylor the guy?
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    The original point was we need a captain that has a winning attitude...another thread was talking about mind coaching and one area you can't control from coaching staff is on the field attitude when it changes.

I think coaster had a point regarding turning young footballers career or season around but when it comes to the finals the strong minded captains come forward.

Cam Smith is the best I have ever seen.
    Lockyer wasn't aggressive but knew what play to put on when needed.
    Lewis used his aggression at the right time of the game.
    Fittler just took the line on with a big right foot step

Attitude and momentum can change with one big hit, bad ref call, drop ball or a clever attacking play...this is when you want your captain to lead.

Who in this squad is that person?

I agree,
    In fact as an example look at Anasta for the Roosters, his attitude of whinging after bad calls has IMO cost the Roosters so many games it is not even funny.

He thinks he is in the right, (which he may be) but it is his reaction that his team mates pick up on, his dismissive pain, and slouched shoulders, the players around him think (F*** we are being rorted again) and drop there game.

Also very hard for a player busting his guts out to play 100% when the Captain is playing in a dinner suit, and diving and generally making you feel weak.

To Me the choice is between Bailey and Harro.
    I would choose Harro, as i think Bailey has had his time, and Harro is a current Rep player, and deserves it.

He has the aggression to be able to lift when needed, and the temperament to control and stay the path, no matter the score. He is a winner, and is a solid part of the Famous QLD team, and is the closest thing we have to a Cronk/Smith/Thurston/Lockyer player.

No Brainer then
    Harrison
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

I would suggest persevering with Bailey and bring on Ridge.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Meninga spruiks Myles for captain

FORMER wild child Nate Myles has emerged as favourite to claim the Gold Coast Titans captaincy after the departure of Scott Prince.

And he has a powerful ally in Queensland coach Mal Meninga, who said the 27-year-old had sorted his life out to mature into a "magnificent leader".

Myles could have been basking on a beach yesterday, with his Test duties just last month earning him a late pass to pre-season training.

Instead, he chose to sweat it out with teammates as they returned to Robina to prepare for the 2013 season.

Myles led the session with vocal enthusiasm in a clear audition for the top job.

Coach John Cartwright admitted Myles was under consideration for a leadership role but said no decision had yet been made on the captaincy.

"We have probably half a dozen guys that could make captain and you'd get no argument from anyone in the squad," Cartwright said.

"Captains generally pick themselves. We'll give them some time through the pre-season and we'll consult with the players and the staff and then we'll make a decision.

"The natural leaders, when it's tough, they tend to show themselves, and today was a pretty tough session and there were a few guys there that showed leadership."

Asked if Myles would be a good candidate, Meninga advocated strongly for his appointment, saying it would be a smart move.

"I'm all for it. He's grown in leaps and bounds in maturity and leadership qualities over the years," Meninga said.

Myles has had dramas in the past, being suspended by the NRL in 2009 for defecating in a hotel corridor before being sacked by the Roosters last year for breaking a team booze ban.

But Meninga, who Myles credited for helping restore his pride and maintaining faith in him as an Origin player, is thrilled with the way the Cairns product has responded.

"I'm very pleased with the way he's developed as a person, to be honest," Meninga said.

"He's a great bloke and he's good to be around. He's sorted his life out and he's married and he's in a good space at the moment.

"They couldn't go any better than to make him the captain of the side."

Myles -- who rang Cartwright to ask if he could start pre-season training with his teammates -- was particularly vocal at yesterday's first session.

He loudly encouraged the squad as they slogged through the dreaded beep test, distance runs and several 500m relay legs in the mid-morning heat at Robina.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Myles would be the type of captain that'll lead with action.
    He mightn't have the attacking skill but when the teams needs their captain to stand up...at least Myles will be in the oppositions face and willing to take a bullet.

We don't have an attacking captain ready really, so I just want someone who will have the respect of the tean on the training paddock and off field so things like fitness are non negotiable.

Bailey- he's the first there after a kick chase, he beats teammates who are younger than him and higher paid to the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mole View Post
    Bailey- he's the first there after a kick chase, he beats teammates who are younger than him and higher paid to the opposition.
    And if he's captain he might get to take a few more quick taps... He tries every time there's a penalty near him. One of my favorite things about him.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    And if he's captain he might get to take a few more quick taps... He tries every time there's a penalty near him. One of my favorite things about him.
    I hope he takes a few more taps, i remember he pulled on off one, making 30m. Bailey charging when the defense has their back turned. Captain material

Bailey is just pure awesome! Don't forget that time he tried a grubber haha

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Myles would be the type of captain that'll lead with action.
    Hopefully noone else copies his insanely slow play the balls
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]