View Poll Results: Who should be 2013 Titans captain?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luke Bailey?

21 38.89%
  • Ashley Harrison?

5 9.26%
  • Greg Bird?

16 29.63%
  • Nate Myles?

9 16.67%
  • Matt Srama?

2 3.70%
  • Aiden Sezer?

0 0%
  • Michael Henderson?

1 1.85%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13

Mick Crocker and I feel that's a pretty good decision for them.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Dual captaincy is a fashion for coaches with the inability to make the tough decisions.

Well done to Souths...I hope other coaches learn from the experiment.

Nate Myles determined to lead the Gold Coast Titans out of doldrums

Nate Myles (L) speaks with young utility back Jordan Rankin during a Titans training session. Picture: Scott Fletcher Source: The Sunday Mail (Qld)

THE last thing Nate Myles wanted was for the Gold Coast Titans captaincy to change him.

Big stick: Nate Myles intends to lead with authority at the Titans.Jerad Williams

He had undergone enough change in the past 12 months since joining the club, a stunning on and off field transformation that culminated in his selection as co-captain with Greg Bird for the 2013 season.

Everything had worked so perfectly for Myles in 2012 his individual accolades were unprecedented that there was simply no reason to change anything for 2013.

But he has changed.

"I probably have (changed) to be honest,'' Myles said. "I know I don't want to, but it's probably inevitable.

"I've never been in this position before (captain of a club) so I'm expecting things to change, but I personally don't want to change. I just want to improve as a person and as a footballer.''

In the case of Myles, change is once again a very good thing.

Few footballers have endured the rollercoaster career of the 27-year-old and it is those experiences of his life that hold him in good stead as a leader at the club.

His on-field success which includes Tests, Origins and a grand final plus his brief issues with off-field trouble mean he can relate to any footballer in the club and any situation they may confront.

And now as one of the faces of the team he is showing as much comfort in a suit and tie representing the club at the NRL season launch as he does rolling up the sleeves doing the dirty work in the middle of an Origin decider.

Titans chief executive David May couldn't be happier with the way both Myles and Bird have taken to their new roles as captains.

"I'm really impressed with how Nate has adapted to his new role as co-captain,'' May said. "He is a natural leader and has been since he arrived at the club.

"But I've been particularly impressed by the way he has taken initiative, looks out for the younger players, handles himself in the media and has become a true captain for the club.

"He and Greg are showing exceptional leadership and the playing group have been enormously impressed with how they have both stepped into their new roles.''

Myles is not the only Titan to change, or at least step up to the plate, in the offseason at the Gold Coast.

The Queensland and Test prop has seen a similar response from the club's young halves as they look to rise to the challenge presented to them after the departure of Scott Prince.

"For a negative situation it's been such a positive because the boys have all had to stand up,'' Myles said. "It's enabled them to sort of come out and try a bit more.

"Princey's style of play was he was always so dominant and controlling and it probably made these boys sit back a little bit and now they've got to stand up which is good.''

http://www.couriermail.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER