Default Disney buys LucasFilms for $4B. Star Wars Episode 7 coming 2015!

Lucasfilm has agreed to be acquired by Disney, a joining of forces that offers tremendous opportunities for the future of Star Wars. As the leading global family entertainment company, Disney is the perfect partner for everything Star Wars. The original six films of the Saga saw Anakin go from a young boy to a Jedi Knight to a Sith Lord and ultimately through to his redemption, but there are still many more stories to be told. With this announcement, George Lucas passes the torch to a new generation of filmmakers to make Star Wars films that will faithfully carry on the legacy.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Disney to make seventh Star Wars movie after buying Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion

DISNEY is paying $4.05 billion to buy Lucasfilm Ltd., the production company behind "Star Wars," from its chairman and founder, George Lucas. It's also making a seventh movie in the "Star Wars" series.

The Walt Disney Co. announced the agreement to make the purchase in cash and stock Tuesday. Disney added that Star Wars Episode 7 is scheduled for release in 2015.

The deal brings Lucasfilm under the Disney banner with other brands including Pixar, Marvel, ESPN and ABC.

Kathleen Kennedy, the current co-chairman of Lucasfilm, will become its president and report to Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn. Lucas will be creative consultant on new Star Wars films.

"It's now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of filmmakers," Lucas said in a joint statement with Disney.

"I've always believed that Star Wars could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime.

"I'm confident that with Lucasfilm ... having a new home within the Disney organization, Star Wars will certainly live on and flourish for many generations to come.

"Disney's reach and experience give Lucasfilm the opportunity to blaze new trails in film, television, interactive media, theme parks, live entertainment, and consumer products."

Walt Disney Company chairman Robert A. Iger said the deal combine two family focused entertainment companies.

"Lucasfilm reflects the extraordinary passion, vision, and storytelling of its founder, George Lucas," he said.

"This transaction combines a world-class portfolio of content including Star Wars, one of the greatest family entertainment franchises of all time, with Disney's unique and unparalleled creativity across multiple platforms, businesses, and markets to generate sustained growth and drive significant long-term value."

Source: http://www.news.com.au

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I had to check the calendar when I read this to make sure it wasn't April! But good on George for doing this while he is alive.

I reckon it will work. Skip over all the Clone Wars bull**** and get into the post Rebellion story.

I hope they use some Christopher Nolan style real FX. Less focus on CGI please.

Also kill Jar Jar.

Disney also bought Marvel and ahve been releasing big blockbusters to great effect. So they are definitely looking at rolling out a new trilogy in the style of LOTR and the Hobbit.

They'll have to recast!

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I had to check the calendar when I read this to make sure it wasn't April! But good on George for doing this while he is alive.

I reckon it will work. Skip over all the Clone Wars bull**** and get into the post Rebellion story.

I hope they use some Christopher Nolan style real FX. Less focus on CGI please.

Also kill Jar Jar.

Disney also bought Marvel and ahve been releasing big blockbusters to great effect. So they are definitely looking at rolling out a new trilogy in the style of LOTR and the Hobbit.

They'll have to recast!
    Yes mate , annoying Shyte

Can't wait for the movie just hope the Disney logo isn't put on the side of a Star Fighter

The special effects should be something special
    #itaintweaktospeak

The prequels screwed Star Wars in the following ways besides the obvious.

Making unlimited Clones v unlimited Droids, meant no one gave a ****. There was no sense of urgency, bravery or loss. In the originals we cared about each Rebel pilot and ship.

They made the Stormtroopers Kiwis! Lame.

They made the mysterious Bobba Fett a Kiwi then cloned him 10,000,000 times and make him the template for Clonetroopers.... OMG.

The original Bobba Fett character was amazing and mysterious, hence his popularity.

Oh and the force wasn't a cool spiritual doctrine, it was some bull**** in your DNA that you inherited. It could be scientifically measured. Lame.

Hehe, there's a few good ones here.. news.com.au

Looking forward to seeing the lightsaber skills of that old Jedi Master, Mickey Mouse.