Default NSW to employ psychologist

NSW to employ psychologist in effort to break Queensland's run of State of Origin victories

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/s...#ixzz2AZwFK5hw
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/s...-1226504691263

I think the mind is a valid and important part of sport. Attitude matters big time.

I'd love to a fly on the wall when they try and undo NSW's inferiority complex.

The perception of QLD never giving up and winning is a powerful weapon for the Maroons. It may not be entirely true and both teams are closer but the perception is powerful. And sometimes it is a self fulfilling prophecy.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I think it's the funniest thing I have ever heard...there is a lot of psychology in rugby league and it's part of the reason I laughed when I heard Dailey was taking over the NSW side.

To plan a psychologist this far our from the series and allow it to leak to the public for Queenslander's to psychologically tease NSW, is absolute gold!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    ITo plan a psychologist this far our from the series and allow it to leak to the public for Queenslander's to psychologically tease NSW, is absolute gold!
    So you think that is part of the strategy? To make us Queenslanders dump on NSW, who then in turn use it for motivation?

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    So you think that is part of the strategy? To make us Queenslanders dump on NSW, who then in turn use it for motivation?
    I don't think they are clever enough...they do need the pychological help but you should keep it in house...just don't allow the Queenslanders to know about it...we now know they are nuts!

The history of Queensland pride is very hard to beat and NSW are struggling with it.
    There will come one point in time where the odds will be so far stacked against NSW that the underdog status will come help them.

I agree Chaos. I also think fear Daley as much as Bellamy or Stuart.