Ok I know this has nothing to do with Wales vs England, but this afternoon I drove to Lens, Northern France, to see the match France - Wales. Good to see League being active in my "region" (although it was still 3 hours drive from The Hague, and since Belgium is not active).

France started a bit nervous, which was noted by the Welsh, leading to a 0-6 in favour of Wales. However, sloppy passes and bad defense of Wales leaded to a 18-6 near half time for the French who played so much more convincing after the 10th minute... They were able to crack the defense easily, if not a brawl occured due to the Welsh' #8 striking one of the French leading to a sin bin and a 20-6 at full time... And again, in the 2nd half, the Welsh were a bit frustrated, resulting in another brawl (since one of those guys just smashed the footy on this French guy's head). Naturally, having the home advantage was more than welcome for Les Bleues, since Northern France isn't quite League territory... In all, it was a fun match, but I did expect much more from both teams...

So this promises to be a fun match vs England...
    Last edited by Chaserz; 21-10-12 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Forgot a few lines here and there...
    Aiming for the title farthest away fan

Default 2012 Autumn Internationals: France v Wales

2012 Autumn Internationals
    France v Wales
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Hi Chazerz, thanks for the review of the game. I have made a dedicated thread.

Glad to hear it sounded like a great game. I hope I can catch a replay online.

Well done on the road trip, I drove up from Brisbane to Townsville for the Aus v NZ Test here. We need more dedicated fans like us there supporting international footy.

What was the crowd like?

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Crowd - 11,628. Im happy with that!

Pics here http://www.rclens.fr/infos_2012/10/2...gby/index.php#

Are France wearing white and dont have blue?

Yeah I had a bet with three other board members guessing the crowd attendence, which I lost =P. I thought there were 8500 spectators, but it's hard to judge when you are seated somewhere in the top levels.

Crowd was cool - ofcourse 99% French - loudly roaring (and booing Wales after each brawl). I was surprised with the French jerseys, they looked like the Dragons (white with the red V).

The French had a more grand playing style, well spread across the field, while the Welsh were a bit more cluttered most of the time.

Does anyone know where i can watch the highlights?

What is a "Profession Supporter" ?
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    What is a "Profession Supporter" ?
    I have no idea, was there some kind of Soccer and Rugby League cross over? Maybe with a corporate partner?

Yeah I reckon there was a crossover. I looked at my ticket again this morning, and it states there was some (soccer) match at the same venue ,two hours before the kick-off. Now I remember the soccer field lines were still visible. But I can't tell for sure...

France collect first blood in Autumn internationals

France made a winning start to the autumn international series after overpowering a gallant Welsh side in Lens. Iestyn Harris' men led 6-0 thanks to an early try from full-back David James but they were undone by a three-try burst in a pivotal six-minute spell inspired by man of the match Thomas Bosc just before half-time. Wales, led for the first time by Craig Kopczak, will now need to beat tournament favourites England in Wrexham next Saturday to keep alive their hopes of reaching the November 11 final in Salford.

The Welsh, who gave a debut to Wigan reserve Rhys Pugsley on his 18th birthday, silenced the 11,628 crowd at Stade Felix Bollaert by making a dream start following a knock-on by France skipper Olivier Elima on his own 20-metre line. Half-backs Danny Jones and Matty Seamark took full advantage, combining superbly to get James over for the game's first try with just 100 seconds on the clock.

Seamark's conversion made it 6-0 but France went on to dominate the rest of the half and fluffed two glorious tryscoring opportunities before finally opening their account.

Left winger Clement Soubeyras had a try disallowed for a forward pass from his centre Kevin Larroyer and right winger Mathias Pala dropped the ball from Bosc's high kick with the line at his mercy. The misses began to look costly until the French struck with three tries in the last nine minutes of the first half.

Substitute Romaric Bemba won the race to Bosc's kick to the line to score with his first touch, full-back Cyril Stacul took the stand-off's pass and bounced off an injured Christian Roets to add a second and Bosc went over himself following a break by his half-back partner William Barthau. Bosc added all three conversions to put his side into an 18-6 lead at half-time and they ought to have scored again early in the second half when Pala broke clear but Elima could not take the final pass.

Wales were reduced to 12 men on 50 minutes when Wigan prop Gil Dudson was sin-binned for a late tackle on Barthau that sparked a flurry of punches and Bosc extended his side's lead with the resultant penalty. However, the Welsh kept their line intact until Dudson returned for the last quarter and they attacked the French line with venom, although without managing to make another breakthrough.

France Chanticleers 20 defeated
    Tries: Thomas Bosc, Cyril Stacul, Romaric Bemba
    Goals: Thomas Bosc 4 from 4
    Team: Cyril Stacul, Matthieu Pala, Vincent Duport, Kevin Larroyer, Clement Soubeyras, Thomas Bosc, William Barthau, Remy Casty, Tony Gigot, Olivier Elima, Sebastian Raguin, Antoni Maria, Gregory Mounis. Subs: Matthieu Griffi, Romaric Bemba, Jason Baitieri, Eloi Pelissier
    Wales Dragons 6
    Tries: David James
    Goals: Matt Seamark 1 from 1
    Team: David James, Elliott Kear, Mike Channing, Christiaan Roets, Rob Massam, Danny Jones, Matt Seamark, Gil Dudson, Neil Budworth, Craig Kopczak, Rhodri Lloyd, Ben Evans, Ben Flower. Subs: Dan Fleming, Jordan James, Rhys Pugsley, Craig Moss

http://www.nrl.com/