Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    you right DH about memberships,

my only regret is that he doesnt get a lap of honour around skilled park...he truly deserves it and i would love to have said goodbye.
    Another good point I didnt think about, he deserves to go out like that and the fans deserve it too.

I dont know who said it, maybe Pete? But there are a couple recent examples of clubs coming through well from the loss of a half. Souths and Manly for example.

I thought Souths would be in trouble in 2012 but along came Reynolds.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

maybe he saw the 2013 jersey

I've been critical of Prince but wish him well if he does move over to Hull. It might mean a year of pain because we did miss him at times this year, but it gives us the opportunity to form a new halves pair and build something special. I just hope it doesn't highlight further deficiencies in Carty's coaching ability.
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

Prince take Carty with you please.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    Trent Hodkinson was only behind due to getting injured and the dogs were playing good footy so they didnt want to change it up
    the final showed how much they missed trent, who would of moved em around the park better. keating is terribad, his forwards just made him look good tbh

i wouldnt buy a young half seeing the stock we have, wats the point of getting another young kid.
    maybe thats why we got a fb in the off season? so zillman can move into the number 6 and sezer 7 i have a bad feeling boys (((
    spot on patske...bulldogs struggled after trent got injured and it was remarkable how well hasler and kimmorley structured their attack to cover the lack of leadership in the halves
    Trent is a decent half back

Every half was green before their latent abilty was unlocked by a combination of determination, good coaching and a nurturing team environment ... in no particular order any of the players already mentioned and more could be the answer.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    spot on patske...bulldogs struggled after trent got injured and it was remarkable how well hasler and kimmorley structured their attack to cover the lack of leadership in the halves
    Trent is a decent half back
    Hasler should be nominated for Aust Order of Merit for getting Keating into a Grand Final.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Prince set to make break with Titans

GOLD Coast Titans skipper Scott Prince is off to Hull FC next season with the halfback expected to meet coach Peter Gentle and sign a three-year deal to join the Super League club this weekend.

It is understood Prince told friends up to two weeks ago that he would not be at the Titans in 2013, with secret negotiations with Hull having started over a month ago after the 32-year-old grew frustrated with his treatment by the Gold Coast.

Gentle has flown across the world to ensure Prince puts pen to paper as soon as possible so the club can celebrate a marquee signing and recruitment of a respected NRL captain.

"The halfback is the final piece of the puzzle for us and to get it over the line I feel like I need to sit in the room and talk to the player face-to-face," Gentle told the Hull Daily Mail.

Prince's imminent departure is sure to send shock waves around the Gold Coast but a messy divorce has been building for some time.

The Titans made a huge play for Australian Test halfback Cooper Cronk this year, prompting speculation Prince would be forced out of the club and the subsequent rumours that linked him to a mid-year move to North Queensland caught the skipper by surprise.

Now it seems Prince has had the final laugh with his Super League talks, which could leave the Titans without an established halfback for the 2013 NRL season.

Boom rookie Aidan Sezer will be the Titans' most experienced halves player on next year's roster, with 18 NRL games this year.

The likes of Jordan Rankin (15 games), new signing Albert Kelly (14 games) and Beau Henry (10 games) are yet to experience regular first grade football.

Prince's late departure leaves the Titans in a difficult position to secure a marquee or experienced halfback for next season.

Their best possible course of action now appears to be seducing a player out of a rival NRL club with the offer of a first grade opportunity on the Gold Coast.

Canberra's Josh McCrone or Sam Williams would appear the best option given they led the Raiders on a late season surge in 2012 but one must make way for the return of skipper Terry Campese next year.

It is understood the Titans will not be in a strong enough position to hunt a marquee halfback for the 2014 season unless the NRL significantly raises the salary cap on the back of the new broadcast agreement.

As much as the Titans would love to vigorously pursue off contract Origin stars Johnathan Thurston or Mitchell Pearce for 2014, their recruitment blitz that's netted Dave Taylor, Nate Myles and Jamal Idris in recent times will likely leave them shy of the $1m price tag Thurston can command on the open market.

http://www.couriermail.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Every half was green before their latent abilty was unlocked by a combination of determination, good coaching and a nurturing team environment ... in no particular order any of the players already mentioned and more could be the answer.
    That's bad luck for us then. We are missing the good coaching. Especially for backs.

All this searching for a new half back is annoying me...I wish we had a new coach before choosing a half back.
    It's like putting the cart before the horse!

To use what we have will have to see a quick maturing Sezer and a dedicated Kelly...if that happened, I'd move Sezer into first receiver for his kicking game and have Kelly as the creative 6.

Sezer isn't a 7.

Quote Originally Posted by GC_Titans_Fan View Post
    Sezer isn't a 7.
    I totally agree, but with Rankin, Kelly, MPW and even throw in zillman and Birdman we have 6 possible 5/ and no real halfbacks. ( I'm not counting Henry really )

Unless we find someone from another club, Sezer will unfortunately be the one to move, its almost a compliment that he is the most capable of doing so.

Putting the Cart before the Horse ...
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Putting the Cart before the Horse ...
    If your referring to Cart as in Carty, I didn't mean that...language skills and an ex footy player.
    Can't just call Titanic a 'dumb footy player'

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    I totally agree, but with Rankin, Kelly, MPW and even throw in zillman and Birdman we have 6 possible 5/ and no real halfbacks. ( I'm not counting Henry really )

Unless we find someone from another club, Sezer will unfortunately be the one to move, its almost a compliment that he is the most capable of doing so.
    With Scott Prince leaving to Hull FC for 2013. Why don't we chase a genuine halfback who has solid first grade experience, a player who has been coached by one of the best coaches in the league and who is currently stuck behind two halves at his current club?