Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31

All I can say is good luck to him.
    I must admit I am a fan of Scott for what he has done both on and off the field.
    It's a shame he asked to leave.
    I feel that by moving to Brisbane he may have ended his career in the NRL.
    If he had played another year on the coast he would have played 300 games and maybe even another premiership. He would have gone down as one of the greats.

Who needs a Prince when we have a SEZER! Hail Sezer!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Something that dawned on me about a week ago. He probably went to the Donkey's to help extend his career, after he hangs up the boots. When I say that, I mean getting into Commentary or some other PR gigs. As his chances of breaking into that area seem to be better with the Donkey's, than if he wrapped his playing career in any other Qld Teams (Us or Cowboys).

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Something that dawned on me about a week ago. He probably went to the Donkey's to help extend his career, after he hangs up the boots. When I say that, I mean getting into Commentary or some other PR gigs. As his chances of breaking into that area seem to be better with the Donkey's, than if he wrapped his playing career in any other Qld Teams (Us or Cowboys).
    He'll retire before the 2014 season, receive a brown paper bag and have an administrative role at the Donkeys or one of their sponsors

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    That is a very good point. Cowboys, Broncos and Titans experience. Definitely going to happen. We might even see him doing work while still playing, like we have seen players side into such work around playing commitments.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    That is a very good point. Cowboys, Broncos and Titans experience. Definitely going to happen. We might even see him doing work while still playing, like we have seen players side into such work around playing commitments.
    and that'll be a lot easier to plan considering he'll only play on Friday nights

Quote Originally Posted by mup23 View Post
    and that'll be a lot easier to plan considering he'll only play on Friday nights
    yeah good point also, he gets weekends off now...lucky guy

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...ead-story.html this article from 2009 says he signed till end of 2014 so how come he wasnt being extended past 2013? what did i miss?

Quote Originally Posted by squirrell View Post
    http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...ead-story.html this article from 2009 says he signed till end of 2014 so how come he wasnt being extended past 2013? what did i miss?
    2014 was an option for the Titans to take up but they decided against it which allowed Prince to look elsewhere
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    2014 was an option for the Titans to take up but they decided against it which allowed Prince to look elsewhere
    any more news on the replacements u hinted at earlier in the week?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    any more news on the replacements u hinted at earlier in the week?
    This..have been hoping to find something new regarding it every time I log on haha. No luck thus far.

Gold Coast Titan Greg Bird admits he is disappointed by Scott Prince's move to the Broncos

GOLD Coast back-rower Greg Bird farewelled two Princes in the past fortnight, one which left the Test and Origin enforcer starstruck - the other simply left him disappointed.

Bird, who was left flustered by His Royal Highness Prince Charles at a beach touch football game on Friday, admits he is disappointed at Scott Prince's messy departure from the Titans.

Prince, the inaugural Gold Coast captain, was recently released from the his Gold Coast contract before signing with local rivals Brisbane last week.

That surprise connection surfaced after the 32-year-old seemed destined to finish his career in the English Super League with Hull.

The whole scenario left Bird, who admits he is not privy to the full negotiations, upset at losing the team's on-field general and his mate.

"I think it's disappointing," Bird said.

"It's always disappointing when it comes to this time of year and your teammates leave the club and have to move on to greener pastures.

"But that's rugby league. You can't play for the same team your whole career. That's never going to happen."

Bird refuses to lay the blame at the feet of Prince, but said he expects the full story to surface in good time.

"Princey did what he thought was best for his career. I've got nothing bad to say about him," Bird said.

"I'm not too sure of the finer details of how it went down. That's something for the club and him to discuss.

"I'm sure it will come out in the wash.

"For now I'm just happy he's picked up another gig and he's got another two years in the game."

Bird was already thinking about the reception awaiting his former teammate when the two teams clash, which will happen in a trial match at Redcliffe on February 16.

"I'm looking forward to running at him next year," he joked.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/

Prince impressive, says Thaiday

Brisbane Broncos skipper Sam Thaiday says latest recruit Scott Prince is already sending strong signals he can be a key part of 2013 NRL premiership plans.

Thaiday says it's taken the 32-year-old former Gold Coast halfback only a few weeks to have a considerable impact on players.

A surprise two-year signing following his controversial release from the Gold Coast, Prince arrived at Red Hill earlier this month knowing he'd have to earn a place in coach Anthony Griffin's squad next season.

Griffin's decision to sign an organiser of his class and vast NRL experience had the desired affect, with the heat on regular halfback Peter Wallace and youngsters Corey Norman and Ben Hunt, each given a crack at filling Darren Lockyer's No.6 jumper last season.

"It's put pressure on, but it's good pressure," suggested Thaiday, adding the pressure was on for all spots next season with question marks over a number of key positions.

While it is still only early days, Thaiday believes Wallace looks fairly safe at No.7, especially after returning to training in good shape and with a terrific attitude to the challenge he's been set.

"He looks pretty safe in that number seven but it's even encouraged him to train a bit harder and pick up a few more skills," said Thaiday.

"Corey Norman and Benny Hunt who were the blokes fighting for that number six position and hopefully having Prince around makes both of them want it even more."

Thaiday said Prince knew he was arriving with no promises from the coach despite an impressive scrapbook which included a grand final win and appearances for Queensland and Australia.

"Scotty being Scotty he's going to fight and do everything he can to play at the Broncos again.

"Everyone has to want it and he brings a lot of enthusiasm and a lot of professionalism and a lot of skill.

"The skills he is bringing out in our skills session are fantastic for a lot of our younger players and our affiliate players as well."

Prince, the 2005 grand final Churchill Medallist, has played 278 NRL games since making his debut with the Cowboys in 1998. He had a previous stint at Brisbane, from 2001-03, playing 28 games.

He gave an all-in media conference on the first day of pre-season training earlier this month but is now off limits to the media to allow him to focus on his preparations.

Brisbane, meanwhile, declined to comment on media speculation they were chasing North Queensland star Johnathan Thurston and had already held talks with him about joining the club in 2014.

Thurston, off contract at the end of next season, was photographed having talks with senior Canterbury bosses in Sydney last week.

Source: http://www.nrl.com

No more on this bloke please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    No more on this bloke please.