Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Seems to me that there is a bit of fire to all this smoke. And the Titans are considering it.

I guess if we did consider Cronk, the prospect of losing Prince was already dwelled upon.

Marshall may be a chance. But surely after losing so many players, the Wests Tigers couldnt contemplate losing him. But he is a Gold Coast boy in many ways.

I can't see Thurston leaving the Cowboys, he has really grown over the past year, looks settled and grown into a mature player and leader.

My view is. One more year please Scott!
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I can see him playing for the Exiles and winning Man of Steel in the Rugby Super League.

But this would be the end of an era for us. Like when Langer left the Broncos. It was difficult. I guess it helped to have Walters, see Langer return for a season and then have Tallis and Lockyer come through.

But it would be uncharted waters for us. And I dont underestimate how much it sucks not having a good halfback.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

One more year and he should crack the 300 club.
    Also gives us the chance to try out our current potential replacements without throwning those young players or the club in the deepend....
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    One more year and he should crack the 300 club.
    Also gives us the chance to try out our current potential replacements without throwning those young players or the club in the deepend....

Gold Coast Titans have left the door open for skipper Scott Prince to make a shock move to the English Super League after refusing to reject an approach for the star halfback to join Hull...

http://www.news.com.au/top-stories/g...-1226499034715

Titans football manager Scott Clark said Hull had offered Prince a three-year deal beginning in 2013.

Hi all,

They are reporting it as all but done over here in the local rag.

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.c...ail/story.html

I am torn between really excited at signing a player of his undoubted calibre and concerned at offering a 3 year deal to someone that will be 33 by the time he plays his first game for us.

Who will you be replacing him with if it does go through btw? an internal appointment or would you be in for Thurston??

Quote Originally Posted by Old Faithful View Post
    Hi all,

They are reporting it as all but done over here in the local rag.

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.c...ail/story.html

I am torn between really excited at signing a player of his undoubted calibre and concerned at offering a 3 year deal to someone that will be 33 by the time he plays his first game for us.

Who will you be replacing him with if it does go through btw? an internal appointment or would you be in for Thurston??
    that article does indicate it is likely.

it says the talks have been going on for a month, and i cant imagine Peter Gentle flying over if things werent close to a done deal.

seems we will know within the week

I'm told the deal is done & we could have the Tigers under 20 star in Jacob Miller here in a few weeks time
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I'm told the deal is done & we could have the Tigers under 20 star in Jacob Miller here in a few weeks time
    where does Miller rank in amongst Kelly, Rankin, Henry, MPW?

is he miles ahead of them and would likely get the 7 jersey? or is it close enough that off season and trial form would count?

Hard to tell with Kelly and I think Sezer would play 7 with Kelly at 6 if that were the pairing. Miller is ahead of Rankin and light-years ahead of Henry from my observations. MPW in a similar boat to Kelly in that he is more a 5/8 or fullback than a half-back.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    Hard to tell with Kelly and I think Sezer would play 7 with Kelly at 6 if that were the pairing. Miller is ahead of Rankin and light-years ahead of Henry from my observations. MPW in a similar boat to Kelly in that he is more a 5/8 or fullback than a half-back.
    cheers mate

Miller for Prince and we look towards a rebuild ... where is our backs coach when we need one? C'mon Lam .. digitus extractus.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Princey dont leave. Ill miss you so much
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.

We can do without Thurston. We wouldn't have enough money for either him or Benji anyway.
    Whoever we put there will be screwed by the coach anyway so it doesn't really matter. Nothing matters until we get a coach who can coach.