Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    Junior Titan

Captain - Myles or Bird but Leaders i am not to sure #

ollowed by Srama and Ridge i reckon.

Obviously the coach from Hull is coming to speak to Prince as written, we can beleive that has some truth and if Prince is going to sit down with him, i think he is gone.

I also believe if he does go the funds may not be used to buy another half.
    They put it in the bank, stay under the cap and see if anyone of Zillman, Kelly, Sezer, Rankin, MPW or Henry can make the spot there own.

Without Prince we can announce that we are having a re-building year which is far more realistic than the two half-baked "transitional" seasons we have just completed. This I can stomach, although if Zillman gets anywhere near a 6, 7 or captains jersey I would be very disappointed. Harrison and Bailey are at their use-by dates, so it must be Minichiello or Myles, imho. Doesn't have to be our best player.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    if Zillman gets anywhere near a 6, 7 or captains jersey I would be very disappointed.
    Agree agree. I once thought Zillman could be a future captain but I feel that he isnt anyway cut out for it. I retract that comment. I never want to see him at 6 or 7, 3 or 4 please.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

if anybody i think bird would be a good captain. he has captained country and is a strong leader at the titans and is always putting his hand up to play injured.

Even if we have co captains again. Nate myles and Greg Bird be a force to recon with

i dont mind if he goes tbh, i know it will take a young kid a season for make the .7 spot theres but prince is sorta over the hill these days. and i am excited to see how rankin mpw or kelly go. but i am very worried about zillman moving to 5/8 now with sezer at 7... nfi why carty thinks this is a good idea...
    myles or bird for captain tbh, maybe the captain status will make bird a better role model like gallen? i dont know but zillman isnt vocal enough tbh

Will we have Bird or will Ricky snap him up first chance he gets?
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

Does anyone know what Greg Bird or Nate Myles' career win-loss records at NRL level are? We need a winner leading this club. Srama is the man to captain us going forward I think. Not encumbered with too much history and with any luck a career Titan!

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

I could see Srama as a future captain.
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

I am excited for what lies ahead if Prince does in fact leave. MPW becomes a must signing.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

I love Prince but i also think its time to rebuild a halves pairing for the future. I still know that Prince can have a blinder of a season next season if he gets the right coaching from the right people. The Titans management are no help when it comes to coaching the halves. I would much rather want him to play in the NRL but with a different club. I would say if the Doggies signed him (just hypothetical) and Hasler coached him, we would see a dangerous Prince.

I want him to go to a different club and play his best footy there. I think its time to move on and time to blood Sezer/Kelly. Prince will certainly be missed by the Titans.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Here is the latest update on the gold coast bulletin website.

Scott Prince in Hull's sights

AAP | 04:50pm October 18, 2012

THE Gold Coast Titans are not expected to stand in Scott Prince's way if their veteran halfback receives an offer too good to refuse from English Super League club Hull.

Hull coach Peter Gentle and club director Shaun McRae will fly out next week in a bid to sign Prince on a three-year deal from 2013, with Wests Tigers youngster Jacob Miller their back-up option.

Prince, 32, is contracted with the Titans until the end of 2014.

But it is believed the Gold Coast won't stop favourite son Prince snapping up a lucrative UK deal which would free up some welcome salary cap space before the arrival of big money signing David Taylor next season.

Hull have made no secret of their quest to lure Prince.

"McRae refused to distance himself from rumours linking the club with former Australian international Scott Prince and Wests Tigers playmaker Jacob Miller for next season," a statement on the Hull website said today.

McRae added on the website: "They (talks) are delicately poised at the moment and that's the reason why we aren't in a position to announce too much just yet but I'm very confident that we will make another signing in that position".

Prince didn't sound like he was going anywhere when he extended his contract for four years in 2009.

"This contract pretty much rules out going to the Super League or any other sport ... so I'm happy to stay here and know that I'm retiring a Titan," Prince said back then.

"I don't want to leave. But a big-dollar deal may change his tune - and Gentle sounded determined to get his man.

"The halfback is the final piece of the puzzle for us and to get it over the line I feel like I need to sit in the room and talk to the player face to face," he told the Hull Daily Mail newspaper.

"It looks very promising and I think we can get it over the line but it is important to go there to meet the player.

"We need to sit down and talk.

"There are still a couple of options for us, we have two players we are talking to and I'm going there to get one over the line."

It is bad news for ex-Brisbane and Sharks playmaker Brett Seymour who had been working hard to cement Hull's No.7 jersey.

Gentle said he was looking for a "more natural scrum-half" to partner new recruit, former Canterbury Bulldogs playmaker Daniel Holdsworth.

Prince has played 278 games - 124 for the Titans - as well as four Tests for Australia and five State of Origins for Queensland.
    Psmitty

He already gone n that y we signed kelly

i think Prince has one more year of NRL left in him. so if its a choice of him going now or playing in 2013 and 2014, id rather he go now and we begin the rebuild.

i dont say that coldy either, i think Prince has copped some unwarranted (and some warranted) criticism, and i would love him to go carve them up and finish on a high and playing fun footy. i think he would suit thestyle over there and i would find a way to watch Hull matches just for him.

there also seems to be some good kids around, and could be a good time for an astute judge to get another bargain a la the Sezer coup.

i also think a young spine of sezer , srama, mead or russel and a good young 7 would be really exciting especially when we have some of the toughest dudes in the NRL backing them up in the forwards...

i will follow the story and Prince decides to go, good on him, i will always remember him for what he has done for this club. to leave a club when your a current australian player and premiership captain is a bold move, and gave us some credibility to sign other players in early days,

plus, he is probably the reason my missus watches NRL at all,and is now a rabid fan, so thanks for that one too Scotty.

Wat about B Marshall he got get out clause at tigers

bird will stay now seeing prince is gone ahaha