Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Scott Prince saga

Just was tipped on this:

HULL FC coach Peter Gentle will fly back to Australia next week to hold talks with the club's top half-back target.
    The trip will also see Gentle meet with former Hull KR full-back Shannon McDonnell to finalise details over his recruitment for next season.
    Gentle told the Mail he had intended to stay in the UK throughout the off-season and prepare his plans for 2013.
    However, with the club believing it now has the chance to sign the top-quality half back it desires, he has chosen to fly home for face-to-face talks.
    Having missed out on the bid to sign Castleford star Rangi Chase, Gentle told the Mail he is determined to add the "final piece of the puzzle" to his side, and has therefore chosen to handle the matter personally.
    Gentle also confirmed he'll meet with McDonnell and his father, who acts as his agent, as they bid to get a long talked-about contract signed for the former Rovers full-back.
    It is the deal for a new half-back, however, which will no doubt grab the most attention.
    Gold Coast Titans captain and scrum-half Scott Prince has been rumoured to be on Hull's shopping list, as is Wests Tigers' bright young half Jacob Miller.
    Unwilling to divulge names, Gentle did admit he has two options, but is confident of securing his top target.
    "The half-back is the final piece of the puzzle for us and to get it over the line I feel like I need to sit in the room and talk to the player face to face," Gentle told the Mail.
    "It looks very promising and I think we can get it over the line, but it is important to go there to meet the player. We need to sit down and talk.
    "There are still a couple of options for us, we have two players we are talking to and I'm going there to get one over the line."
    Gentle is eager to reshape Hull's style of rugby for next season, and having added pace to his outside backs already in Joe Arundel and Jason Crookes, he's looking for a more natural scrum-half to operate alongside fellow new recruit Daniel Holdsworth.
    "We are looking at a proper number seven, someone who can play the style of rugby I want us to have," added Gentle.
    "It's been a tough search because I think it has shown there is a lack of number sevens out there."
    The arrival of a new half-back will take Hull's contingent to five, with Richard Horne, Brett Seymour and Danny Nicklas also at the club.
    Seymour came in for criticism last season and the arrival of a new half could pave the way for his exit.
    Gentle said his fellow Aussie is not being ousted to make way for a new arrival, and is still at the club. Joining the new scrum-half will be a new full-back in McDonnell.
    The ex-Hull KR man has been linked with Hull for months now, with the club today again stressing a deal is still to be signed.
    Set to meet with the player for further talks, it appears to remain a formality now before McDonnell is confirmed as a Hull player.
    "Shannon is at a loose end so I'm going to sit with him and his father while I'm over there," added Gentle.
    "He went back to Australia because he had some options, it looks like we may be able to get a deal done now though."

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.c...ail/story.html
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Firstly whoa and it doesnt really bother me if Scotty he left.

Secondly @ Brett Seymour and Shannon Mcdonnell - both of these players have played in 5 different clubs within 6-7 years.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I don't blame Hull FC for targeting Prince. He'd rip it up in Super League. But I don't want him to leave. He has a couple seasons left in the tank.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

i cant imagine princey leaving anytime soon...hes got his new house on the coast

I hope this is true. Time to move on and look to the future.
    Psmitty

Mr May is from Hull! Just joking.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Mr May is from Hull! Just joking.
    Gee, that's a stretch I had a season there too so you can blame me ... DH, you are a very bad man
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

i dont think we are ready for the princeless era just yet

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

Scott Prince in talks with England
    Chris Garry | 07:13am October 18, 2012

GOLD Coast captain Scott Prince could be England-bound, with Super League side Hull FC confirming they are in negotiations with him for next season.

There have been persistent rumours in the English media that Prince is headed to Hull.

The club's director of rugby Shaun McRae yesterday said negotiations with Prince were delicately poised.

The Titans declined to comment last night and said they would clarify their position on the issue today.

McRae said they were confident of snaring either Prince or Wests Tigers youngster Jacob Miller.

"McRae refused to distance himself from rumours linking the club with former Australian international Scott Prince and Wests Tigers playmaker Jacob Miller for next season," the Hull club said on its website.

Prince is signed to the Titans until the end of 2014.

Hull coach Peter Gentle is travelling to Australia next week on a recruiting mission.

McRae said he was eager to sign another halfback as part of ambitious plans to build a team capable of challenging Super League's best next year.

" McRae said.

"They (talks over a halfback) are delicately poised at the moment and that's the reason why we aren't in a position to announce too much just yet but I'm very confident that we will make another signing in that position," McRae said.

"The difficulty in getting an overseas player at the moment is probably at an all-time high simply because the money has increased dramatically in the NRL and clubs are reluctant to release their players. However, this club demands high standards and quality players and we'd like to be able to reward our fans for their loyalty and their support over the years and into the future as well."

The Titans have recently signed talented but troubled five-eighth Albert Kelly.

Prince, who turns 33 two weeks before the start of the NRL season, has played 124 games for the Titans in a 254-match first grade career.

The Titans finished 11th this season, improving from their wooden spoon last year.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Does this news put us in the race for one JT
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Unfortunately I dont think Princey's money would even come close to what we would need for JT. Maybe if we dumped all our second tier players and a few fringeys we may then be close but still no cigar....

thats exactly what I first thought, but I think he will go to Brisbane

How can one simple sentence get me so excited
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I am starting to think that the Titans may have something else in the pipeline if Prince goes. Maybe they are close to signing JT for 2014 or maybe Quade Cooper for 2013. If the ARU does not top up his contract then the contract he signed with the Reds is void. We all know he is not happy in Rugby and this would be the perfect time to move on. Just a dream by me I guess but maybe the Titans have something else that is going on behind the scenes otherwise why would they just let there captain go with two years left on his contract.

In saying all that who would be the captain if Prince does leave? Bull has not much time left in him either so what other options does everyone think for captain if Prince does leave?
    Psmitty

We've been through all of this before. We were on the verge of signing Cronk halfway through the season - how quickly everybody has forgotten that.

Four months of off-season hell coming up, followed quickly by 7 months of looking forward to 2014. That's the life of a Titans fan!!