Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Titans Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Chaserz View Post
    Ah my entire lifespan of 25 years so far. But I'm looking forward to move over, Netherlands bugs me in so many ways!
    Is marijuana pretty common there?
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Well I grew up in the suburbs, where it isn't that much in common. It plays a more prominent feature in the "bigger" cities. The Dutch drug policy is actually quite loose - the law says it is illegal to deal and possess softdrugs, but it doesn't say anything about using it - which "legitimizes" coffeeshops being existent. Hard drugs is illegal by definition, and so it is banned.

Currently, the Dutch parliament is voting against the "discrimination" against foreigners wanting to use softdrugs at the coffeeshops, by enacting a rule coffeeshop owners are required to ask a Dutch Passport/ID, to diminish the amount of drug tourists along the border (especially along the Belgian border in the south). The so-called "Marijuana/Weed Pass" system, enacted few months ago in the southern provinces will probably be abolished, as this featured a similar way (Only Dutch users could require such pass, the essence is the same), now we get a new government installed next Monday. The bigger cities hate the system anyway, since it flocks tourists.

Coffeeshops are widespread in the bigger cities such as Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague and Utrecht. Law states coffeeshops may not be opened within a 500m radius of a school (as a kid noticed that, stating that "sir, we need to close some schools!"). Myself, I don't really like it - especially when someone is smoking it on a railway station and the wind scatters the smell throughout the entire station. And yes ,I often find some mini-bags with a weed logo on the streets, indicating someone used marijuana .
    Aiming for the title farthest away fan

All those stoned tourists aimlessly riding around on bicycles can't be a good thing..

Tourists on bikes in Amsterdam are already a problem -- you should take care upon crossing the street, some of them are incapable of steering/using a bicycle in the first place - Stoned or not stoned. It wouldn't be my first time I almost got run over by one. Helmets are not obliged in here by the way.

I believe two years ago an Australian guy died in Amsterdam as he jumped out of a window on the 2nd or 3rd floor when he smoked way too much marijuana and ate too much magic mushrooms as he was hallucinating too much (which kinda spurred the debates on whether drugs should be illegal etc.). I feel sorry for the person he jumped on - he/she died as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Chaserz View Post
    Tourists on bikes in Amsterdam are already a problem -- you should take care upon crossing the street, some of them are incapable of steering/using a bicycle in the first place - Stoned or not stoned. It wouldn't be my first time I almost got run over by one. Helmets are not obliged in here by the way.

I believe two years ago an Australian guy died in Amsterdam as he jumped out of a window on the 2nd or 3rd floor when he smoked way too much marijuana and ate too much magic mushrooms as he was hallucinating too much (which kinda spurred the debates on whether drugs should be illegal etc.). I feel sorry for the person he jumped on - he/she died as well...
    What did I just read? haha Seems crazy!

Do you wear clogs as part of formal wear?

Haha, yes and I live in a mill too .

Nah, j/k, we don't. Only farmers wear them so now and then, if it's seeding or harvest time, since the soils are often muddy and soggy .

I introduced Kevin Rudd to LOLCATS with my entry into his t shirt campaign competition.

He posted a video of him and his campaign team going through the entries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxiqS...youtu.be&t=33s

He then later posted this on facebook.

My work here is done!
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 10-11-12 at 05:28 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

hello from thailand - if anyone is looking for a holiday i recommend Thailand - having the time of my lifee

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

Whoopdidoo... it is snowing here and it seems local traffic still cannot cope with it properly, resulting in traffic jams everywhere...

Will be in Cambodia in 9 days, two weeks of jungle/beach/skulls & really old temples ... wife says no internet but a little spanking resolved that
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Wow you lead an adventurous life Titanic!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Wow you lead an adventurous life Titanic!
    he is a drug dealer for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

I am starting to sort the details for my holiday to the Gold Coast

Quote Originally Posted by Geeman View Post
    I am starting to sort the details for my holiday to the Gold Coast
    Coming during the season or in the summer?

Heading over in April, aiming for the Titans v Parramatta on the 14th