Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

The team is announced today, right?
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 05-02-13 at 03:57 PM.

The iSelect Gold Coast Titans have today named a 23-man squad for Saturday?s opening trial match against the New Zealand Warriors at Pizzey Park, Miami.

The Titans will welcome several new faces with Matt Russell, Mark Ioane, Albert Kelly and Mark O?Dare all playing their first games for the club. Russell comes to the Titans from Wigan/Hull FC and will play his first game on Australian soil, having spent last season in the English Super League.
    Ioane and Kelly will make their unofficial club debuts also having joined from Canberra and Newcastle respectively in the off-season, with both men hoping to continue to build on what they have produced on the training paddock over the past three months.

O?Dare will play his first game of Rugby League since arriving on the Gold Coast from Sydney University (Union).
    The game also marks the return of Jordan Atkins to the club, with the former Titan joining on a trial basis after spending two years with the Parramatta Eels.

The Titans will be without Greg Bird, Aidan Sezer, Ryan James and Ashley Harrison who are all involved in the NRL All-Star game.
    What : NRL Trial - Titans vs Warriors
    When : Saturday, Feb 9
    Where : Pizzey Park, Miami
    Kickoff : 5:15pm

Team
    1. Matt Russell 2. Anthony Don 3. Steve Michaels 4. Jordan Atkins 5. Hymel Hunt 6. Beau Henry 7. Jordan Rankin 8. Luke Douglas 9. Matt Srama 10. Matt White 11. Ben Ridge 12. Mark Minichiello 13. Luke O?Dwyer
    Interchange 14. Luke Page 15. Mark Ioane 16. Cody Nelson 17. Albert Kelly 18. Beau Falloon 19. Shane Gray 20. Sam Irwin 21. Jahrome Hughes 22. Mark O?Dare 23. Shaun Carney

Curtain Raisers
    1) 2:05pm Burleigh Colts Vs Cudgen A Grade
    2) 3:30pm Titans NYC Vs Burleigh Bears QCUP team
    Gates Open at 2:00pm

That's great to see all the newby's will be turning out for us, nice 24 man squad
    #itaintweaktospeak

Good team. Really interested in seeing how Matty Russell goes. Though a bit of a worry with Atkin's in the centres.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Will interesting to see how a few of these guys do. Hope a win is in order. I wont be there as i am going to the Allstars game.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

this is going to be good fun.

with a large bench, it will be hard to keep track of whos doing what, and some wont get alot of minutes, but its still exciting.

couple of questions though,

is rankin at 7, henry at 6, and kelly on bench and indication of anything at all? i had the feeling that their prospects were almost the reverse of that order. maybe its a case of Carty being pretty happy that ALby is gonna play 7, and hes giving rankin and henry the starting spots to prove otherwise. again, i know theyll have short spells so maybe its really nothing and Carty really gave it no thought seeing as they all get some time.

secondly, we know what we are going to get from steve michaels and atkins, so i wish o'dare just started so we can have a real look at him. but i know u cant just have 5 rookies in the backline at once, so we cant get everything we want.

The Warriors have named a strong team.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Im with DB. I really thought Carty would have gone with 2 players that he hasn't seen much of to start in the centres. But who knows, perhaps they will be rotated after 15 minutes. With the only other centre options in that squad being Hunt, O'Dare (and potentially Russell) then this could be likely.

Players are gonna be on and off and move around, so its gonna require strict observation to know what really is going on. Binoculars, packed.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

It's a Trial match so read too much into what players numbers they are wearing, no one will care if we win or lose (apart from most of us supporters).

Kelly will be our no7 come round 1

No injuries please
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post

No injuries please
    Second that emotion.

Oh, and for the record I care if we win...

Immortal

Hopefully we will find out the NYC team prior to the night, so I know which of the new players I am looking at on Saturday. Good test for them against a QCup side

Quote Originally Posted by david may View Post
    Second that emotion.

Oh, and for the record I care if we win...
    Thats because like us u are a Supporter
    #itaintweaktospeak

I support Cartwright's policy here ... send the known back-ups out first to take some of the venom out of the Warriors and then ease the newbies in ... suits me.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Really excited for the first trial. Can't wait to see if the likes of kelly, hunt, russell, o'dare, Hughes etc put their hand up and demand selection. I wonder how far off M.Barba is from full recovery and whether he will feature in any of the trials?

Also, i know this has been mentioned before, but if anyone could instruct me as to how I might go about listening to a radio broadcast of this trial, or streaming it online (can't find any of the recent trials on NRL.com) i would be extremely grateful. I wish i could make it up for the game, but being there broke uni student I am ATM, its not to be...