Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by david may View Post
    "I thought the three of them were very strong defensively.
    Their kicking games were all very good and they threatened the line at various stages. It hasn't made it much clearer for us so we'll keep that competition going right up until the season kicks off. The challenge then is to keep the guys up that don't make it and make sure they're putting pressure on every week."
    Talking about defense in the halves is a pendulum swing from Prince.
    Sezer already has a good kicking game but I do like to hear about them threatening the line.
    The result of a good halve combination is the outside backs running in open space.

Challenge is to get the two that will make it and combine them together...our whole trials should be based on combining the best two halves that you think may be playing NRL...it's been our biggest week spot since we started...we already got the forward pack and outside backs (besides a centre spot up for grabs)

Junior Titan

I attended the game Saturday night great day and night out.I was very impressed by Albert Kelly especially going to the right side edge.The ball he passed to Mark O Dare was a ripper.was the highlight of the night for me.O Dare for a winger showed great strength to run through the forwards to scored his second try.Matty Russell shows a lot of maturity in his game for a young fella.I wasn't very impressed by most of the guys who covered the centre positions.Hopefully next week against the broncos we will have somebody who will get us talking.For me Albert Kelly Matty Russell Mark O Dare all showed signs of class.Spoke to Nate Myles at the game what a great ambassador for our club State and Country.

Matty Russel was a tough little "Jason Robinson" type runner who could fill in for when Zilly gets injured but he wont be kicking him out of the FB spot anytime soon.

Odare was ok, he likes to hit up without fear which is great. He has put on alot of size and didnt seem to have the speed of the highlights video, noticably when Conrad ran around him.

I liked the run of Don, a few quite words from some Titan players before hand said he goes alright and then he scored a long Eric Grothe Snr/Jnr try.

Im thinking maybe Stevie Michaels/Takaraingi for left centre rd 1....Hymel should get some mins this yr if he improves playing with men.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

can we get highlights of the whole match plz
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Here are the try scoring highlights for anyone interested

http://www.titans.com.au/news-displa...Warriors/68206

Who was it that put Don away for his first try - a really good effort? O'Dare's tries were both quality finishes - the first he set himself and made certain he got over whilst the second was great determination - pity we couldn't see his defensive lapses. Kelly's best side may not be to the left but at least he understands about getting the ball to the outside.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I would say Kelly will be a right side player.

Sezer prefers left, and will likely be there.

Whether u agree with left / right halves, and of course they will end in same side at points in a match, but they will be stationed left and right.

Also, maybe a warriors forum or site might show their tries, and therefore odares defence...

Hail Sezer, ur a search wizard, find it!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Also, maybe a warriors forum or site might show their tries, and therefore odares defence...

Go to titans tv the warriors video is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Who was it that put Don away for his first try
    Your boy Mini
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Whether u agree with left / right halves, and of course they will end in same side at points in a match, but they will be stationed left and right.
    Do agree and can only be that way. Research will show nearly a million (well almost) posts about our left side defensive deficiencies and the fact that Bird defends that side. I concede that most teams like to attack to their right but we have never got that sorted. I am not only blaming Bird but there must be some serous shared responsibilities there.

And while having a little whinge about the left side, why did Bird feature in several left side raids where he passed outside whilst for us he turns the ball back inside? ... either he is told to do that (maybe) or the blokes outside positioned themselves better last weekend than ours do (this imho).

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Your boy Mini
    Great ball, shame about the hands and I am the first to admit that he went better in patches last season.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Go to titans tv the warriors video is there.
    Yep. Here are the warriors tries:

http://www.nrl.com/video/clubvideoti...6/default.aspx
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 12-02-13 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    OMG, that first try. But as DB and teke pointed out at the game, it was because Matt White had just been hurt in the first hit-up, which turns out now he could hardly run.
    The others, check out my O'dare thread post, this supports it IMO, but i will add something else to it.
    Last edited by C-Whiz; 12-02-13 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Matt white comment.

Some poor defensive efforts by the Titans. Hopefully Harrison, Myles, Bird, Ryan James, Bailey, Taylor, Ridge can fix that up.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

I should take a moment to thank teke for giving me a lift back to the golf club after the trial match. The All-stars match had kicked off and he was prepared to miss most of the first half to give me a lift, so thanks for doing me a solid teke and i'll endeavour to return the favour at some time.