Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Game set and match to Kelly.

Really sharp and clinical, will only need a few more mins of this kind of play and he has the hb position wrapped up.

Ioane was impressive, Douglas was a ball player lol and Anthony Dons limited time showed me he is ready for the step up which I don't think Odare is, he got pumped by the big Warrior backs, struggled a little defensively. Poor fella had Konrad Hurrell welcoming him to first grade.

Beau Falloon was quite good and direct.

Titans way fitter, warriors were massive but that's about it
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Game set and match to Kelly.

Really sharp and clinical, will only need a few more mins of this kind of play and he has the hb position wrapped up.

Ioane was impressive, Douglas was a ball player lol and Anthony Dons limited time showed me he is ready for the step up which I don't think Odare is, he got pumped by the big Warrior backs, struggled a little defensively. Poor fella had Konrad Hurrell welcoming him to first grade.

Beau Falloon was quite good and direct.

Titans way fitter, warriors were massive but that's about it
    Actually that reminds me yeah, Douglas played a reasonable amount of first receiver a la kasiano. Once or twice it went from hooker to Douglas to mini to the backs . Two forwards throwing flat balls and spreading it.

Alby floated effortlessly across showing the ball to inside runners before picking up the second man sweeping. Looked nice.

And alby defended pretty tough too. Seemed interested and willing to turn up. No laziness at all.

Glad about the wraps on Kelly. Sezer looked quite impressive and involved in the allstars match so i hope we can get big things when them 2 are in the halves together. Was impressed how good Sezer was considering how fast paced the match was. Looked rep material.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

On the back of Sezer's performance tonight that's encouraging.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

how did Beau Henry go?

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Sezer View Post
    how did Beau Henry go?
    same as usual

Get Kelly and Sezer together and I'm excited, more so with how sharp Albert was
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    same as usual

Get Kelly and Sezer together and I'm excited, more so with how sharp Albert was
    Thats good to hear. Lets get the season rolling then!

yeah without getting too excited lets not forget we scored 40 without sezer , mead, gordon, zillman, taylor, bird , myles, harrison ,bailey ryan james. 9 of our starting 13. and a bench player.

alot of class to come back in.

Based on the photos i was up the other end of the field

Not sure how Henry got a mention i thought him and Rankin looked disjointed and rarely looked threatening. Rankin will be a good back up in the halves for Sezer and Kelly. Kelly looked very good and i was excited with each touch.
    He put a beauty of kick through to Hunt but he spilled it on the line.

Ridge looked great and anyone who thinks Mini is ahead of Ridge need to have a closer look. Ridge tackles and runs hard and he will really push the starters in the next couple of years. Mini had a couple of good runs but i hope he does not get a spot on the bench by name and reputation alone.

I was really impressed with Matty Russell, i think he has a big future.
    IMO he was the best of the backs in the first half. looks a little like Zillman but with more of a jink and a step where zillman runs the line and has a swerve. Still none of the backs did anything to demand to be picked.
    Odare didnt really get an opportunity and as far as i saw he played entirely at fullback, Carney on the left picked up a try but he only had to catch it and pop it down.
    Atkins and Don look like solid QCup players and reliable at best in the NRL.

Falloon added something and can provide a spark from the bench, The question is if we go with him or the four forwards.

Out of the forwards Douglas was the best with Ridge. Douglas had a bloody broken nose when he left the field late in the game but should be good to go for the next one. Ione looked solid.

In defence i think we looked pretty weak through the middle. The warriors hookers seemed to get out and run from half to easy. Our props, Harrison, Myles and Bird will tidy that up though.

My Picks, Ridge, Kelly, Douglas and Russell.

I looked forward to the next trial.

Sounds like the young ones are showing some promise, Sezer played really well with the limited time he had on the field at the all stars game, but looked good every time he got the ball
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Thanks guys for these match reports, it's good to see the common trend being that we have what appears to be a good playmaker in Kelly and some promising youth, particularly with Russell. Will be interesting to see next weeks lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post

Not sure how Henry got a mention i thought him and Rankin looked disjointed and rarely looked threatening. Rankin will be a good back up in the halves for Sezer and Kelly. Kelly looked very good and i was excited with each touch.

Ridge looked great and anyone who thinks Mini is ahead of Ridge need to have a closer look. Ridge tackles and runs hard and he will really push the starters in the next couple of years. Mini had a couple of good runs but i hope he does not get a spot on the bench by name and reputation alone.

IMO he was the best of the backs in the first half. looks a little like Zillman but with more of a jink and a step where zillman runs the line and has a swerve. Still none of the backs did anything to demand to be picked.
    Odare didnt really get an opportunity and as far as i saw he played entirely at fullback, Carney on the left picked up a try but he only had to catch it and pop it down.

Falloon added something and can provide a spark from the bench, The question is if we go with him or the four forwards.

Out of the forwards Douglas was the best with Ridge. Douglas had a bloody broken nose when he left the field late in the game but should be good to go for the next one. Ione looked solid.

In defence i think we looked pretty weak through the middle. The warriors hookers seemed to get out and run from half to easy. Our props, Harrison, Myles and Bird will tidy that up though.

Ridge doesnt run as hard as Mini but he did out play him today and will probably leave him behind this yr.

The number 22 (there were 2 of them) was Carney at FB when he came on, Odare was left wing. Matty Russell was a little solid block buster at the back and a decent replacement if the stocks thin.

Konrad Hurrell, what a beast
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post

yeah this all accurate, although how sure are u that odare was fullback? he and Carney had the same number (22) but it was definitely odare on left wing who scored a few times, including a simple put down.

doesnt matter too much, neither of them will really push for first grade if thats there best, and i also agree that Rankin proved he will be Kelly and Sezers backup. he outplayed Henry easily and looked sharper as well as tougher.

absolutely agree with your four best player picks,Ridge is a mini Myles,and i would throw ioane and falloon in just behind those 4 as next best players.

not sure how interesting this is, but the team wore last years away jersey for the match.

Nobody has mentioned Idris ... did he play?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.