First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

Default Kiwis want answer on Kasiano's future

A change in State of Origin eligibility rules my be a weapon in the NZRL's armour when they meet with Sam Kasiano this week.

Kiwis coach Stephen Kearney plans to meet with the Bulldogs prop this week to get a definitive answer on whether he wants to commit to New Zealand.

He signed a letter of intent last year, but is being enticed to play for Queensland, despite only moving to Australia as a 16-year old.

NZRL boss Jim Doyle expects changes to be enforced for next year.

"To me they are talking about introducing next year something along the lines of a percentage of your life,(for example) 50 percent of your life you've got to be a resident in Queensland or New South Wales."

Doyle says as far as they are concerned Kasiano has never wavered from his intent, rather the media has talked about a switch.
    http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/league/ne...ianos-future/?

I'm so so sick of Mal Meninga trying to poach KIWIS. It undermines Origin and it undermines TEST footy.

Let the Kiwis field their strongest team. Let Blues and Maroons fans cheer for home grown teams.

The Kiwis obviously need a pay rise too.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER