Page 8 of 947 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 108 508 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Bad luck to PBC who were knocked out of the GIO schoolboys cup in the Qld semi finals. St Johns College Woodlawn also had a tough loss the Hills Sports High in a NSW schoolboys comp. They had a try disallowed in the last minute, sending the game into overtime, and subsequently losing. Anthony Coleman, a talented young backrower, contracted to us was the best player on the field, watch for him next year in NYC. A few other Titans contracted players were also involved including the Elliott brothers, Max and Sam. Some real talent in Woodlawn side, including half Jacob Follent, hooker Hugh Pratt, backrower Kyle Kennedy.
    Well played mdrew...he got the call up to NYC for today's game vs the Cowboys. Playing centre inside Tevita Folau

Immortal

Anthony is a class act, very good defensively, will end up in the backrow, interesting selection at centre, good luck to him, I honestly think that he is a real chance to play 1st grade one day

Immortal

Lol we are -232 in for and against in NYC, with a disgraceful 722 poinst scored against us. Never fear the same side will trundle out and get smashed again next week, no wonder we can not get any of the youngsters to commit, they realise their careers will end very quickly if they stay with the Titans

Immortal

Good win for the Burleigh Colts side against Norths. Daniel Schwass with a try, pity Kane Elgey is playing so well, Daniel may have been blooded in NYC this year.

Good win for the Burleigh Colts side against Norths. Daniel Schwass with a try, pity Kane Elgey is playing so well, Daniel may have been blooded in NYC this year.
    What's gonna be the situation next year with us signing Hazard and the other bloke from Redcliffe (I think)? We'll have an abundance of worthy halves?

Also, Jahrome will still be eligible for NYC in 2014. Where will that leave Jayden Connors?

Immortal

Certainly interesting times at half in NYC, Deacon Fletcher (Redcliffe) is an absolute class act, and will be difficult to keep out of the side. If you have seen the young half from St George, Hastings, you have seen a similar style of player as Deacon Fletcher. Hazard is quick, very quick, Danial Schwass more of an organiser. The key is Kane Elgey he has been our best over the last couple of weeks. I think that he would be great at fullback, with Hughes moving to centre. All in all, and great problem to have, IF we can develop them and lets face it we are not developing our youngsters with the current set up. Give me a go Lol. Jayden Connors may need to slot in on the wing until he gets a little stronger, but with a roving commission he can still make an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    What's gonna be the situation next year with us signing Hazard and the other bloke from Redcliffe (I think)? We'll have an abundance of worthy halves?

Also, Jahrome will still be eligible for NYC in 2014. Where will that leave Jayden Connors?

How long before Matt Russell gets sick of it and heads off?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Certainly interesting times at half in NYC, Deacon Fletcher (Redcliffe) is an absolute class act, and will be difficult to keep out of the side. If you have seen the young half from St George, Hastings, you have seen a similar style of player as Deacon Fletcher. Hazard is quick, very quick, Danial Schwass more of an organiser. The key is Kane Elgey he has been our best over the last couple of weeks. I think that he would be great at fullback, with Hughes moving to centre. All in all, and great problem to have, IF we can develop them and lets face it we are not developing our youngsters with the current set up. Give me a go Lol. Jayden Connors may need to slot in on the wing until he gets a little stronger, but with a roving commission he can still make an impact.
    Cheers mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    How long before Matt Russell gets sick of it and heads off?
    I feel really sorry for Matty Russell. Comes all the way over here to sit on the wing for an u20s team which is getting smoked week in week out.

Danial got a start in 1st grade off the bench today, almost a bit of "Old School" footy
    #itaintweaktospeak

Immortal

Good to see common sense prevail in relation to the upcoming CC and MM trials. A number of players are not required to trial, they are noted below. A number are linked to the Titans. A couple more I think are but can not confirm. Surprised a few more were not excused from trialing, but I guess this gives as many boys as possible a chance.

U16 – Emere Pere, Liam Clark, Baylee Gerrard, Jack Peacock, Apiata Noema, Sean Garner, Steve Dresler, Duncan Harding, Brent Woolf, Ethan Paikea, Vito Sula-Siosiao, Liam Whitbread.

Titans linked U16's - Emery Pere (backrow), Jack Peacock (front row), Apiata Noema (centre), Sean Garner (second row), Steve Dressler (front row), Duncan Harding (lock), Ethan Paikea (front row)

U18 – Ethan Roberts, Keegan Hipgrave, Jesse Savage, Sam Elliot, Nathan Prostrama, Keanu Dawson, Braydon McMahon, Brett Straton, Max Elliot, Shane Wright, Dylan Pelo, Daymeric Pelo, Kyle Kalkhoven, Jennan Parrish, Sam Swift.

Titans linked U18's - Sam Elliot (backrow), Keanu Dawson (backrow), Brayden McMahon (5/8), Brett Stratton (centre), Max Elliot (second row), Dylan Pelo (wing), Daymeric Pelo (front row), Kyle Kalkhoven (front row), Jennan Parrish (hooker), Sam Swift (backrow)

I do not think that either Jennan Parrish or Sam Swift will line up in MM, I expect/hope that they both start in NYC.
    Last edited by mdrew; 27-08-13 at 09:18 AM. Reason: presentation

U16 – Emere Pere, Liam Clark, Baylee Gerrard, Jack Peacock, Apiata Noema, Sean Garner, Steve Dresler, Duncan Harding, Brent Woolf, Ethan Paikea, Vito Sula-Siosiao, Liam Whitbread.

Anyone looking to watch a top class game of junior Rugby League should get to Runaway Bay to watch the under 15 Grand Final on Friday night @ 6pm where the highlighted players are all playing for the Burleigh Bears & the Mighty Mudgee Redbacks , these 2 clubs are arch rivals & have played in 4 of the past 5 deciders,the match will be a ripper as it always is ,,,,,,,,,, i am biased because my son plays for the Redbacks
    #itaintweaktospeak

Mudgee Redbacks win it in a nail biter in extra time 25-24
    #itaintweaktospeak

Immortal

Congratulations to your boy Titan Pete

Congratulations to your boy Titan Pete
    Thanks mate

Hope u got to see the match mate it was the best junior game I've ever witnessed even if the ref tried to sway the result, if u missed it Duncan Harding played a blinder & picking up Man of the Match , Apiata (API) got u15 player of the year he is a great talent..
    Last edited by TITAN PETE; 31-08-13 at 01:46 PM.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Immortal

Saw most of the game, yes it was a very high standard. Apiata is a great talent. Well done to all of the boys in all grades. That game and others shows the talent and dedication of the boys and the coaches and parents