Page 52 of 940 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 102 152 552 ... LastLast
    Junior

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Thanks mate , it was Mudgee's 1st ever GF we have had semi's before but never the big one , there is a massive amount of work that goes into the set up of the fields but we have a great bunch of parents that put the kids & club before themselves which every footy club needs otherwise nothing ever gets done, I can tell you after 3 solid days on the BBQ I won't be lighting mine in a hurry I'm sick of the site of snags.......

I'm sure I'll be flipping eggs & bacon again in a couple of weeks at the CC & MM trials
    lol thumbs up on the snags, me and the kids had a few.

very interested to see the kind of players that will trial in CC and MM. Lots of changes in terms of staff and players for next year from what I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeGC View Post
    lol thumbs up on the snags, me and the kids had a few.

very interested to see the kind of players that will trial in CC and MM. Lots of changes in terms of staff and players for next year from what I heard.
    Very true mate in regards to the coaching I'm sure we only have Steve Clark who is with MM but there's always certain coaches that have their own favorites as who they select in their squads but as they have 5 different selectors picking the squads in Cc & MM it is Definatly a much fairer criteria unlike previous Viking & South Coast squads.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Very true mate in regards to the coaching I'm sure we only have Steve Clark who is with MM but there's always certain coaches that have their own favorites as who they select in their squads but as they have 5 different selectors picking the squads in Cc & MM it is Definatly a much fairer criteria unlike previous Viking & South Coast squads.
    Yeah i heard selection process is a lot fairer, as long as they don't get together before hand lol. Realistically they should have an inkling of the right players before hand anyways. But stranger things have happened in terms of selections

Immortal

Well done to Titans contracted hooker, Zac Beecher who was involved in his Ballina side’s NRRRL 1st grade third straight grand final win 34-6 effort against Murwillumbah at Kingsford Smith Park, Ballina, on Sunday. He hopefully can push for a spot in out NYC squad next year. He also played well in MM earlier this year as well.

Immortal

Have to be impressed with the quality of player that Logan Brothers are producing, they are in the GBJRL grand finals from U13 premier to U18 Premier this Sunday, and they are will start favourites in probably all bar the U18’s. Also have to give a wrap to Titans development staff, who have got a few players from the club signed up, including Geordie Brand (U15) and Stanley Jackson (U14), Lorenzo Leapai (U16) and a number of others. Looking forward to going out a seeing the matches this Sunday. Rixon Andrew from Souths juniors will also be on display in the U13’s.

i believe the cc coaches have already picked their spines and the many kids who dont have to trial :0
    Last edited by palmbeachpariah; 08-09-15 at 10:02 AM.

Immortal

Titans linked centre Isaac Lee had a very productive season in the Group One junior rugby league from a try scoring perspective at least, he only played five games in the U16.5 competition but ended up with 11 tries, including two hat tricks. Below is a previous review:

Isaac Lee (updated) – He is a tall rangy centre who represented NSW CCC Northern U18 earlier this year, where a team mate was Sam Elliot. Last year he was named the Titans best back in the U15 development squad’s loss to Wests Tigers late last year. He currently attends St Johns College Woodlawn in Lismore as well as playing for Lismore Marist Brothers U16’s in the Group One junior rugby league competition. I believe that he has also played a couple of games with the Marist Brothers U18 side as well. He is sneeky quick and plays as a straight running centre who has the ability to set up his winger. Defensively he is solid as well.

Moving forward he will likely stay in Lismore for the next couple of years and continue to progress through the U18 ranks of the Group One competition and for St Johns College Woodlawn in the GIO Cup and other regional cup competitions and battle for a place in the East Coast Dolphins representative side. I think that ultimately he will end up as a winger in the long term and one that will be very good under the high ball and some one who will cause all sorts of headaches when he is going for attacking kicks as well. He is the son of former Cronulla front rower Danny Lee and from a style perspective thing of someone like the Titans Anthony Don who also hails from the same region.

Immortal

Titans linked forward Phillip Quinlan’s Armidale Rams U18 side lost their Group 19 semi final over the weekend quite convincingly however from what I have been told, he was the stand out player, not just in this game but across the entire season, good stuff from a young bloke who is still eligible for U18’s next year, but he should also get a run in the first grade side, unless he joins the NYC squad.

Immortal

Group One U14 fullback Hamish Ellem, who will be playing for our U14 Development Squad against Samoa in a couple of weeks, is some sort of athlete, in additional to scoring around 21 tries in 15 odd matches, he also plays AFL and is apparently attracting interest from the Sydney Swans. He already stands about 190cm and is very quick for his size, interesting career choice, possibly coming up for him if he continues to excel at both sports.

His Grafton Ghosts club mate and Titans U14 development squad team mate, centre Caleb Barker is also a two sport athlete, playing both league and union and represented NSW Country U14’s in union earlier this year.

A third U14 Grafton Ghosts player five eight Ben Liyou will also be playing for our development squad, unfortunately second rower Jacob Harvey, who is part of our U14 development squad in the Grafton/Lismore region did not get selected for the game, but like his three team mates represented Group One at the U14 level earlier in the year.
    Last edited by mdrew; 09-09-15 at 09:19 AM.

Immortal

Congratulations to second rower Ben Thomas for winning the Cyril Connell Cup player of the year, well deserved accolade.

Immortal

Rixson Andrew named at fullback fpr Souths in U13. Stanley Jackson at front tow for U14 Logan Brothers and Geordie Brand at front row for U15 Logan Brothers for tomorrows Brisbane junior rugby league grand finals. I will give a run down of their and others performances.

Immortal

Antonio Nelu has lead his Norths U15 side to a grand final berth next in the Ipswich Junior Rugby League finals next weekend. He scored two tries in their semi final win taking his tally to 19 in 7 games, not bad for a front rower. He is an absolutely dominant front rower who should be one of the first players picked in CC for Ipswich next year. Well done to the Titans for looking at the Ipswich area. Looking forward to seeing him next week in the grand final, he for me is the best player in the U15 competition in Ipswich

Immortal

Plenty of Titans linked boys on display at the GBJRL premier grand finals. Logan Brothers won all grand finals from U13 to U16. Rixon Andrew was superb for Souths in their U13 loss, Stanley Jackson captained his U14 side to victory and Geordie Brand was the best player on the field (David Fifita was also great) in his sides U15 win. A lot of good football played and very enjoyable to watch.
    Last edited by mdrew; 13-09-15 at 02:33 PM.

Immortal

A successful grand final for three members of our U14 Development Squad with their Grafton Ghosts U14 side winning their grand final on Saturday in the Group One junior rugby league, winning 46-6, with try scoring doubles to Ben Liyou and Caleb Barker and a try also to Hamish Ellem.

Immortal

Just a little more information in relation to the Brisbane Junior Rugby League grand finals, in the U13’s Souths fullback Rixon Andrew was simply outstanding, his size strength, speed and skill were too much for the Logan defense every time he touched the ball. He was instrumental in bringing his team back from to 30-6 deficit early in the second half, with two tries of his own and setting up two more for his team mates. He played a lot of the game up in the line like a five eight. Ultimately Souths lost 34-30 to Logan but not because of the lack of effort from Rixon or front rower Brock Ashton. For Logan front rowers Ethan Tagilima and Linston Tuimavave, centre Matamategi Ripley and backrower Tyronne Sau were their best.

In the U14’s Logan front rower Stanley Jackson appeared to take an early knock which limited his effectiveness, with his front row partner Goobrey Copper, backrower Chris Talatonu and Keebra centre Feao Maka their best in their 30-22 win over Wynnum.

The U15’s really was brilliant Souths backrower David Fifita (Keebra) against Logan. This kid is going to be a super star and on reflection probably just shaded Titans Elite Academy member and fellow Keebra student Geordi Brand as the best player on the field. Geordi Brand lead his side from the front continually taking the ball into the heart of the huge Souths pack and by the end of the day had worn them down. One run in particular he fielded the ball from a drop out and charged to within a metre of the line. Centre Sebastian Winters-Chang, another Keebra student benefited from the play the ball, scoring an easy try. Also good for Logan was second rower Lizaya Iti (development squad member) although he needs to keep is temper in check and Coombabah centre Riley Holes who scored a couple of very good tries.

In the U16’s it was a case in Logan being far too good against Aspley. It was impossible to find a bad player of Logan, but the stand out was former Titans development squad member and current U16 Qld player Dray Ngatuere-Wroe who was outstanding in their big win.

The Logan Brothers junior club had an amazing year, winning every premier division grand final from U11’s to U16’s, very impressive.