Page 49 of 949 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 99 149 549 ... LastLast
    Immortal

There has been some positive performances for Titans contracted juniors in the Gold Coast U19 Coast 2 Coast Earthmoving Cup. They include Ethan Roberts with 9 tries and a goal from 12 games with Tugun (He has also played a number of first grade games), Sam Ross with 6 tries and 18 goals for Burleigh and GL who may have only played one game for Burleigh but he scored 5 tries in that game!

There are a number of talented players in the U19’s and it will be interesting to see if any are able to crack a sport in our NYC squad for next year, they include outside back Josh Skeen (Runaway Bay), half Liam Wyper (Burleigh), backrower Javarn Nofoagaototoa (Runaway Bay), centre Richard Holani (Runaway Bay) and winger Tom Landers (Southport). Tom Landers was the top try scorer for MM White (I think that it was MM white, maybe it was MM Green) and he has now progressed to the local 1st grade comp.

Immortal

Half AJ Brimson with a try for Tweed Seagulls he is first QCup Colts games in their 34 all draw against Ipswich. He has amazing speed off the mark.

good to see that team do ok..some decent players but very poor defence

Immortal

Huge game from Bryson Vaovasa in his U14 semi final for the Southport Tigers, he was named at five eight and scored 3 tries, kicked 4 goals and a field goal in their 41 to 6 win.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Huge game from Bryson Vaovasa in his U14 semi final for the Southport Tigers, he was named at five eight and scored 3 tries, kicked 4 goals and a field goal in their 41 to 6 win.
    Its a shame hes not in the Prem grade, would be a true indication of how he goes. But still an exciting prospect

Immortal

Congratulations to Wipere Takitimu for making the 2015 U15 Mid Central Vipers squad

Junior

Results from GCJRL semis last night.
    U14- Helensvale beat Runaway Bay
    U15 - Runaway Bay beat Burleigh
    U 16 - Nerang beat Southport

Unfortunate that Broncos have signed Tanah Boyd who is in the R Bay 15s. That kid is a great talent. I think after last nights performance they will beat Ormeau next week.

Nerang started off slow in the 16s but eventually came out on top. Brock Hamil had an up and down night for Southport did a lot of work and fatigue may have got the best of him as he made a couple of crucial errors in the closing minutes. Titan contracted Kees Nicholson and Jaxson Paulo were solid for Nerang. I really think they may upset R Bay star studded 16s next week. Look for Tanah Boyd to back up and play in both the 15s and then 16s GF next weekend.

Tonights blockbuster between Nerang and Mudgee 17s should be a cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeGC View Post
    Results from GCJRL semis last night.
    U14- Helensvale beat Runaway Bay
    U15 - Runaway Bay beat Burleigh
    U 16 - Nerang beat Southport

Unfortunate that Broncos have signed Tanah Boyd who is in the R Bay 15s. That kid is a great talent. I think after last nights performance they will beat Ormeau next week.

Nerang started off slow in the 16s but eventually came out on top. Brock Hamil had an up and down night for Southport did a lot of work and fatigue may have got the best of him as he made a couple of crucial errors in the closing minutes. Titan contracted Kees Nicholson and Jaxson Paulo were solid for Nerang. I really think they may upset R Bay star studded 16s next week. Look for Tanah Boyd to back up and play in both the 15s and then 16s GF next weekend.

Tonights blockbuster between Nerang and Mudgee 17s should be a cracker.
    It was a close game but Mudgy couldn't hold the ball for 6 & Nerang ran out winners 22-18 with 3 tries to their no6 who I've never heard of & I have been watching the 2 teams play for the past 11 years...Burleigh have been handed the trophy after being runner up for 3 out of the past 4 years.
    #itaintweaktospeak

really heh..Tanner 4 times didnt get to the kick..i stood there with ormeau coach (assistant cyril green coach next yr) who had a smug look..bay 15s forwards although they do get numbers in d are quite soft and i dare say ormeau will roll through them in the middle like they have all season..whilst 9 12 and 13 will bash em up in defence..if there is an x factor for bay it isnt tanner rather mcCormack at 9 who on his day is the best kid in this age group but coming back after a serious leg injury and playing against his old club..

- - - Updated - - -

That burleigh team over the yrs got beat by mudgee who although smaller were invariable quicker and targeted the slower burleigh forwards around the ruck...they also had wolfy playing 7 :0

Junior

Nerang 17s number 6 was Huston Holloway played MM for Greens this year. First year playing Div 1. Has been in Div 2 for last couple years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by palmbeachpariah View Post
    really heh..Tanner 4 times didnt get to the kick..i stood there with ormeau coach (assistant cyril green coach next yr) who had a smug look..bay 15s forwards although they do get numbers in d are quite soft and i dare say ormeau will roll through them in the middle like they have all season..whilst 9 12 and 13 will bash em up in defence..if there is an x factor for bay it isnt tanner rather mcCormack at 9 who on his day is the best kid in this age group but coming back after a serious leg injury and playing against his old club..

- - - Updated - - -

That burleigh team over the yrs got beat by mudgee who although smaller were invariable quicker and targeted the slower burleigh forwards around the ruck...they also had wolfy playing 7 :0
    Lol lol Framey with the busted wing will be some good games next weekend.

Did Woolfy play 7? Lol it looked at times like he was at lock. Just running the ball and not passing.

no i mean back in the 15s etc when wolfy was still at keebra

Junior

no i mean back in the 15s etc when wolfy was still at keebra
    Ahhh got you now.. any early predictions for the finals???

i think it will play out predictably.. burleigh 14s ormeau 15s bay 16s and burleigh 17s all favourites but will see

interesting to hear that 2 of the burleigh 17s off to play sg ball with parra next yr..dressler and kocass ( who i dont rate and going down there to play 9)
    Last edited by palmbeachpariah; 31-08-15 at 03:57 PM.

Anyone down at Currumbin yesterday?.....Nom nom nom finger licking good!

Junior

i think it will play out predictably.. burleigh 14s ormeau 15s bay 16s and burleigh 17s all favourites but will see
    Haha stop being safe

Ill go Burleigh 14s
    Bay 15s
    Nerang 16s
    Burleigh 17s

No matter the results Im just hoping for some great football games by all and fine weather haha