Page 46 of 950 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 56 96 146 546 ... LastLast
    Immortal

Quentin Vaaua (updated) – He is a fullback/half, who represented the U14 Kookaburra’s earlier this year. I noted earlier that he is a half/fullback and this is where he has played for the Titans development squads and in his club football for Redbank Plains, but he has played a little bit of representative football at hooker this year as well which was interesting to see. He is an agile, speedy runner of the football who relies on his speed and elusiveness to make it difficult for larger opponents to line him up. When lining up at fullback he always makes himself available for offloads in the centre of the ruck where he can use his footwork against tiring forwards.

He plays for Redbank Plains White in the U14 competition in the Ipswich junior rugby league competition where he scored 17 tries and also kicked a number of goals in 2014 and this year has scored five tries so far. In defence, he will certainly not shirk contact when larger boys are running at him. Moving forward it will be interesting to see where he finally settles, whether that will be at half or fullback, (I think fullback). Form a style perspective think along the lines of Preston Campbell. Again I stress I am referring to a style of play, as it is unfair to compare talented youngsters to greats in terms of what their careers may look like.

Immortal

Isaac Lee (updated) – He is a tall rangy centre who represented NSW CCC Northern U18 earlier this year, where a team mate was Sam Elliot. Last year he was named the Titans best back in the U15 development squad’s loss to Wests Tigers late last year. He currently attends St Johns College Woodlawn in Lismore as well as playing for Lismore Marist Brothers U16’s in the Group One junior rugby league competition. I believe that he has also played a couple of games with the Marist Brothers U18 side as well. He is sneeky quick and plays as a straight running centre who has the ability to set up his winger. Defensively he is solid as well.

Moving forward he will likely stay in Lismore for the next couple of years and continue to progress through the U18 ranks of the Group One competition and for St Johns College Woodlawn in the GIO Cup and other regional cup competitions and battle for a place in the East Coast Dolphins representative side. I think that ultimately he will end up as a winger in the long term and one that will be very good under the high ball and some one who will cause all sorts of headaches when he is going for attacking kicks as well. He is the son of former Cronulla front rower Danny Lee and from a style perspective thing of someone like the Titans Anthony Don who also hails from the same region.

amazing work mcdrew.

i reckon Phil Gould couldnt give as in depth review of the panthers premiership players he coached...let alone kids running around all over the state.

you are incredible and a treasure to this forum.

Immortal

Was not at the game from what I have been told Jai Whitbread was once again outstanding at inside centre for TSS in their 56-14 victory against Gregory Terrace this afternoon in Brisbane in the GPS First XV rugby competition. TSS remain unbeaten after three games. Also Max Dowd has his best game so far at fullback. The Titans send some of their junior players on full scholarships to TSS thus why the interest.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Was not at the game from what I have been told Jai Whitbread was once again outstanding at inside centre for TSS in their 56-14 victory against Gregory Terrace this afternoon in Brisbane in the GPS First XV rugby competition. TSS remain unbeaten after three games. Also Max Dowd has his best game so far at fullback. The Titans send some of their junior players on full scholarships to TSS thus why the interest.
    Unfortunate that I have also heard Jai is no longer part of the Titans program.

Immortal

Very disappointing to hear

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeGC View Post
    Unfortunate that I have also heard Jai is no longer part of the Titans program.

Immortal

Oliver Singh (updated)– He is a nuggetty half/hooker from the Gold Coast, and currently attends PBC as well as playing his club football at the Currumbin Club, where he has played mostly U14’s but has had one game up at the U15 age group. He also represented the U14 Kookaburra’s earlier this and is a member of 2015 Gold Coast junior rugby league academy. He has played a bit of football in the halves in previous seasons but for me his long term future is at hooker (for what my opinion is worth) where he has very good distribution and seemingly an innate ability to know when to run out of dummy half.

Defensively he is not going to pull of big hits, but certainly is strong enough to make good initial contact against big forwards as is necessary for someone who defends in the centre of the ruck as well as tackling all day. He is also a solid general play kicker as well as an extremely effective goal kicker, I have been fortunate enough to see him kick a few from right on the touchline. He will likely play U15’s next year and then hopefully progress through the CC and MM pathway as well as representing the Titans Junior Development squads. From a style perspective, think along the lines of someone like Jake Friend of the Roosters.

Immortal

Congratulations to Bostyn Hakaraia, Titans signee for making the Auckland Schools team of the year. He played 5/8 for Mt Albert Grammer School.

Immortal

Story in the Queensland Times about Redbank Plains School rugby league, who we have recently signed a deal with, specifically mentions fullback Lai-One Manu who is a Titans scholarship holder.

http://www.qt.com.au/news/redbank-plains-rules/2729328/
    Last edited by mdrew; 05-08-15 at 07:05 AM.

Junior

Big day for a few of the juniors in schoolboy footy -

Coombabah U15s vs Keebra U15s 4PM Owen Park, Southport

and the big one

Southern QLD Semi Final -

Keebra 'A's vs PBC 'A's 5pm kick off at Owen Park, Southport

A host of contracted and academy players on show.

Immortal

Some old news from the Qld Junior Age championships a month or so, Titans development squad members, Will Evans and Nelson Grove received awards, being Best and Fairest for U14 SEQ White who won the championship game Will Evans and U14 player of the carnival, Nelson Grove. Rixon Andrew won U13 player of the carnival.

Immortal

David Fauids Wavell lead Ipswich State High 14 to 4 at half time in one GIO cup semi. Wavell won 28 to 16
    Last edited by mdrew; 05-08-15 at 05:34 PM.

Immortal

PBC lead keebra 12 to 4

Junior

PBC win 16-06 over Keebra

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeGC View Post
    PBC win 16-06 over Keebra
    was at this game... keebra had plenty of opportunity to take the game and run in some points, however just did not want to play smart footy when smart footy needed to be played... they came with the mentality to 'bash' PBC which PBC reacted to and out smarted keebra in the end. Well played by PBC, massive fan of PBC's little halfback Dylan Mclaren (i think his name is), controlled the game perfectly with a few pin point kicks late in the game when PBC were in control. Massive game by Peacock, Uppy and also a back rower named rory? anyone know much about him...? Brent Woolf was solid. AJ Brimson didnt do too much to please me, however Payne Haas was outstanding for a 15 year old on that field. couple of big carries and solid in defence... well done to PBC