Page 458 of 940 FirstFirst ... 358 408 448 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 468 508 558 ... LastLast
Results 6,856 to 6,870 of 14090
    Immortal

I am fine with the northern rivers boys in the MM Cup mate, they all played in the U18 Laurie Daley Cup for the Northern Rivers Titans earlier this season and as you say most now attend PBC, so them continuing to play together is great for them, a lot have played together since U12's or so.

The 2021 Northern Rivers Titans U18 Laurie Daley Cup squad is still very strong with still more than a few Titans contracted players in the side such as Rowan Mansfield, Tanu Nona, Michael Roberts, Blake Forder, Nic Torrens and Shane Caldwell-Davies to name a few.

Whilst the MM Cup is stronger the U18 Laurie Daley Cup is still a very very good standard and is a great introduction to the next level.

The 2021 U16 Andrew Johns Cup Northern Rivers side is exceptional with the likes of Lachlan Offley, Brady Turner, Cameron Bevan, Jaylan Teawa, Kye Cooper and Reshawn Anderson just some of the outstanding talent in the side.

In many ways it is the best of both worlds as more players from the Gold Coast/northern NSW area get an opportunity at the higher levels.

Quote Originally Posted by ja4220 View Post
    So what are your thoughts on this? The way I see it a lot of that talent has moved from the Northern Rivers Program and the Andrew Johns/Laurie Daley cup teams? I realise that this is partially because a lot of the boys have moved to PBC for school, but it seems like a bit of a case of robbing Peter to pay Paul. I.E. Stacking the talent in one team and competition.
    Is there a significant difference in the quality of those competitions verse the MM comp?

Immortal

Great to see Tannah Boyd work with the 2021 Northern Rivers Titans U16 and U18 sides today at the Titans Training Centre, including working with Titans JTS coaches in position specific training.

Immortal

With Coombabah automatically in the main draw of the 2021 school boy Langer Cup competition, one player who will relish the challenge of taking on PBC and Keebra Park will be Titans contracted fire brand front rower Joseph Shannon.

I have never seen Joseph Shannon back down from any challenge is no doubt it will be the same in 2021.

Immortal

After an injury interrupted 2020 I think that 2021 will see the best of Titans contracted left second rower Ryan Foran who will start the season as part of the Tweed Heads Seagulls MM Cup squad.

Impressively even though he missed a portion of time in 2020, Ryan Foran was still able to make his NRRRL First Grade debut for the Murwillumbah Mustangs.

Someone has been trying to get a northern team, called the South Eastern Ninjas for the exact reason you mention. Check them out on Facebook SE Ninjas.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titans_alan View Post
    Someone has been trying to get a northern team, called the South Eastern Ninjas for the exact reason you mention. Check them out on Facebook SE Ninjas.
    Thanks Alan I took a look. Will they be based in Helensvale??

Immortal

Another Coombabah SHS player who will relish playing in the Langer Cup in 2021 is Titans centre/winger Kobie Mackay-Taylor, the young man is a solid goal kicking outside back.

Immortal

Great to see Grafton Ghosts outside back Joshua Donovan-Skinner in the Titans Group One Development Squad once again.

Immortal

It is great to see the U16 Cyril Connell Cup back in some form and the Titans have players in multiple squads including the Ipswich U16 side which contains one of the Titans outstanding contracted juniors in front rower Larry Siala.

I'm not sure Mr. Looks to be a joint venture between a crowd from Helensvale and Ormeau. Helensvale makes sense due to their size and location. Just off the highway, not too far North or South. I hope they get a 3rd team going, would be great see.

Immortal

Titans linked Xavier Tauaifaiga was recently named as the the Best Back for the 2020 Coombabah State High School Year Nine rugby league team and was also named in the 2020 Coombabah Rugby League Team of the Year.

Immortal

Titans linked Izayah Petricevich was recently awarded the Coombabah SHS 2020 Year Nine Coaches Award.

Immortal

Titan Caleb Gould-Waiariki has been named in the 2020 Coombabah School Boy Rugby League Team of Year.

Immortal

Titan Brodyn Gudgeon received a number of awards at the recent Coombabah State High School Rugby League Awards presentations.

He received an Originals Award for playing rugby league for Coombabah from Year Seven ot Year Twelve, he was also named the Opens joint Best Back and was also named in the 2020 Coombabah Rugby League Team of the Year.

Immortal

Great to see that new Titans signing Vaka Sikahele has been named the 2020 St Paul's College Auckland Sportsman of the year.