Page 32 of 949 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 82 132 532 ... LastLast

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Good to see Keanu Dawson named to play QCup colts for Burleigh this weekend. Well deserved.
    hmm I don't know if I agree on this one Mdrew. Ad good as it is to see him in there I don't really think he deserves it. His MM Cup performances weren't very good, discipline was also poor.

But hopefully he can turn that around.

Immortal

Keanu’s form was up and down through out the MM comp, I agree, but he is a talented player. I think that the step up in level and the discipline with the Burleigh colts side will bring out the best in him.

Keanu’s form was up and down through out the MM comp, I agree, but he is a talented player. I think that the step up in level and the discipline with the Burleigh colts side will bring out the best in him.

Yeah mate I agree , what may have been tollerated in MM won't cut it with Burliegh they are much stricter on discipline & have plenty of players on the books so he'll need to perform at his best
    #itaintweaktospeak

Immortal

Some NZ boys travelled over for the recent junior high performance camp, they included centre AJ Kepaoa and 5/8 Bostyn Hakaraia.

Immortal

Good to see a number of Titans boys named in the Group 18 junior rep sides, such as Jackson North (front row) in the U14’s and Ethan Kane (half), Brenton Daley Hotlen (5/8), Ryan Steidam (front row) and Brock Styles (second row) in the U15’s. There are some other very talented boys in the sides who I am sure will catch the attention of the Titans development staff with their skill, determination and dedication.

Congratulations to all and good luck in your carnival in a couple of weeks. Also congratulations to all of the parents for the running around that they do.

Immortal

Well done to Quentin Vaaua for making the Ipswich Diggers U14 squad for the State age championships in a couple of weeks. He is part of a very talented Ipswich U14 side. The GC side is probably equal favourite with the NQ side. Should be a very good carnival

Immortal

Link to a story on a young bloke called Dylan Collett from the Grafton Ghosts in Group 2. He is a very talented young footballer being looked at by a number of clubs, the Titans being one I believe.

http://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/news...eague/2624233/

Link to a story on a young bloke called Dylan Collett from the Grafton Ghosts in Group 2. He is a very talented young footballer being looked at by a number of clubs, the Titans being one I believe.

Collett returns for Grafton Ghosts Group 2

Bill North | 1st May 2015 5:00 AM

DYLAN Collett returns to tackling kids his own age after making the step up to First Grade for Grafton Ghosts this season.

The 18-year-old is named in the second row for the Group 2 Under-18s side scheduled to play at Geoff King Motors Complex, Coffs Harbour on Saturday.

He will be hoping to make an impression in his preferred position having more than held his own on the wing after three rounds in the top grade.

"I was a bit nervous at the start about playing against a lot bigger players," Collett said.

"But all the older boys have made it easier. They've pulled me aside and given me good advice.

"It's a lot rougher than playing under-18s and the tempo's a lot quicker. It's all round a lot harder and the challenge is good.

"In the centres would be where I'm aiming to end up, but you have to start somewhere."

At 92kg, Collett hasn't taken long to adapt to playing men, scoring a hattrick in last Sunday's 46 to 10 win against Nambucca Heads Roosters.

"We've been training hard on a couple of new plays at training and they were pulled off in the game for at least two of the tries," he said.

"He's only under-18s and he's got a lot to learn. He's going to be a very good footballer," McLennan said.

"He'll eventually be a backrower. He's just solid in everything he does. He doesn't whinge and just does his job."

While Collett is the only Ghost in the side, South Grafton has five with Thomas McGrady, Luke Roberts, Nick McGrady, Lionel Johnson and Dane O'Connor all selected.

The Under-18s will play in a series of matches against Group 3 and NRRRL from which the North Coast Dolphins side will be selected.

After the Under-18s matches Group 2 and Group 3 will go head to head in the opens at 3.30pm.

The trio of Ben McLennan, Adam Slater and Matt Muller represent the Ghost contingent. Roy Bell, Hugh Stanley, Anthony Cowan and Chris Carr will be in action for South Grafton.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Collett returns for Grafton Ghosts Group 2

Bill North | 1st May 2015 5:00 AM

DYLAN Collett returns to tackling kids his own age after making the step up to First Grade for Grafton Ghosts this season.

The 18-year-old is named in the second row for the Group 2 Under-18s side scheduled to play at Geoff King Motors Complex, Coffs Harbour on Saturday.

He will be hoping to make an impression in his preferred position having more than held his own on the wing after three rounds in the top grade.

"I was a bit nervous at the start about playing against a lot bigger players," Collett said.

"But all the older boys have made it easier. They've pulled me aside and given me good advice.

"It's a lot rougher than playing under-18s and the tempo's a lot quicker. It's all round a lot harder and the challenge is good.

"In the centres would be where I'm aiming to end up, but you have to start somewhere."

At 92kg, Collett hasn't taken long to adapt to playing men, scoring a hattrick in last Sunday's 46 to 10 win against Nambucca Heads Roosters.

"We've been training hard on a couple of new plays at training and they were pulled off in the game for at least two of the tries," he said.

"He's only under-18s and he's got a lot to learn. He's going to be a very good footballer," McLennan said.

"He'll eventually be a backrower. He's just solid in everything he does. He doesn't whinge and just does his job."

While Collett is the only Ghost in the side, South Grafton has five with Thomas McGrady, Luke Roberts, Nick McGrady, Lionel Johnson and Dane O'Connor all selected.

The Under-18s will play in a series of matches against Group 3 and NRRRL from which the North Coast Dolphins side will be selected.

After the Under-18s matches Group 2 and Group 3 will go head to head in the opens at 3.30pm.

The trio of Ben McLennan, Adam Slater and Matt Muller represent the Ghost contingent. Roy Bell, Hugh Stanley, Anthony Cowan and Chris Carr will be in action for South Grafton.

interesting. Titans U20's contract for him it is then

Immortal

The Group 2 U18 side comprehensively beat Group 3 recently. Just to add Thomas McGrady has already scored 5 tries in two rounds in the locel U18 competition (which is probably the strongest in NSW country), he has some real flair and unpredictably about him. Dylan Collett recently scored a hat trick in first grade as well.

The Group 2 U18 side was named late last week, a few very talented boys that the titans are/should be looking at. They include twin brothers Thomas and Nicholas McGrady (South Grafton), both outside backs, winger Dylan Collett (Grafton Ghosts) who is already playing 1st grade. Dion Delevante (Sawtell), Liam Kelly-Wynne (Coss-Harbour) and Sione Fangupo (Sawtell) are also handy players. We have had success with the region, such as Anthony Coleman, Anthony Don, Sam and Max Elliott, Brian Kelly, David Mead, Kevin Gordon etc, so hopefully a few more coming in the next few years.

Immortal

Congratulations to Max Dowd Daruis Farmer and Ben Thomas for making the QLd U16's side.
    Last edited by mdrew; 06-05-15 at 07:23 AM.

Immortal

A number of Titans boys have made the Greater Northern Tigers junior representative sides for the NSW Country championships coming up. Centre/backrow Elijah Rasiga has made the U16 side and fullback Corey Alexander, half Mitch Lennon, backrower Phillip Quinlan and centre John Boy Quinlan have made the U18 side. Both Alexander and Phillip Quinlan have two years of eligibility left for the U18’s.

I note that John Boy Quinlan has played a little bit of 5/8 in first grade this year.

Immortal

Centre, five eight Jack Jefferies from Inverell is also in the U18 side, he is also eligible for U18’s again next year. He was one of a number of young players from the Armidale/Inverell area that spent some time on the Gold Coast late last year. Each year the Titans run a schoolboy challenge in the area where the best players from Inverell and Armidale play each other over a number of age groups (from U13’s to U16’s), with the most impressive of the players coming up to the coast for a development camp, including meeting members of the first grade side. Last year around 20 players came up.

There was talk that the challenge was to spread to area’s such as Farrar/Glen Innes etc. It is a good initiative from the Titans and should start bearing fruit as early as next year, with one or two players possibly in line for NYC contracts.

Immortal

Congratulations to half Tahne Robinson and second row Nicholas Morrisey for making the East Coast Dolphins U16 sdie for the upcoming NSW country championships