Page 13 of 947 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 113 513 ... LastLast
    Immortal

We have a couple of solid half prospects in our junior development squads including Brodie Hannon and Kobe Whalen. Both good young players.

Immortal

Kenny Kennedy is a good young fullback to keep an eye on as well

Immortal

Titans U14, U15 and U17 development squads play at redlands this saturday, I will let you know how they go

Junior

Combo of both squads in Cyril Connell and Mal Meninga headed to Toowoomba this weekend. I'm guessing it may be some of the fringe players getting a hit out.

Immortal

2012 story on a young NZ boy who is currently with the U17 development squad - Doven Koroheke

http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times...o-get-physical

Immortal

Both the U14 and U15 development squads won in Toowoomba a week or so ago, this weekend they play older Redland Bay squads, the Titan's U14's play a combined U14 and U15 squad, the U15's play a combined U16 and U17 squad and the titans U17 development squad plays the Redland Bay U18 Nev Blair squad. Even though they are playing boys a year older I have no doubt that the U17 boys will be hugh compared to Redlands, the predicted hot weather will test everybodies fitness.

Immortal

U14's won 46-0, U15's 28-10 and U17's 62-0

Immortal

Some exceptional performances from some of the young boys which I will detail over the coming days, but the toughest young guy on display today must be Broadie Hannon, who played hooker for the U15's he is only small but he was constantly throwing his body in front of guys literally twice his size. David Butler, front row, U14's was one of a number of talented young guys also

Immortal

Some impressive performances by the junior development squads on Saturday, against older opposition.

In the U14 win 46-0, a number of forwards stood out, including front row pair David Butler and Phransis Suia-Siaosi and aggressive second rowere Izaya Iti, these three constantly hit hard, both in attack and defence, including one hit when both Butler and Siaosi hit an opponent in a perfect tackle. Others forwards such as Zac McCormack and young Champion were also very good. In the backs centre Blake Roberts was extremely good defensively, inluding a copy book around the legs tackling technique, another to show flashes of ability was centre Billy Mozer, he was not involved a great deal, and only played the last five minutes of the second half, but scored a run away try and showed some good reads in defense, another stand out was Will Evans, he started off at 5/8 and also played on the wing.

The U15 side won 28-10 against players two or three years older, this game was difficult to get a read on as it was very stop start with an unbelievable amount of penalties against the titans, including a sin binning of a titans player for seemingly tackling too hard!! Kenny Kennedy at fullback was heavily involved as was hooker Brodie Hannon , second row Noah Lolesio was very good, even shedding some blood for the team. The stand out for me was Kaleb Rongonui in the second row, he did not start the game, actually he arrived late, was was supurb when he came on, with some great hard hitting defense and really lifted the team. I was impressed when I saw him play in 2013, but he was even better on Saturday, one for the future to be sure.

The U17 squad played the Redland Nev Blair U18 side coached by Darren Smith, and it was no contest from the start, with the titans winning 62-0. The big titans forwards were very good, lead by Doryaan Hape Apiata (front row). He is one of the young boys who have come over from the Hawkes Bay area of NZ, country mate Tray Nicholson was also very good, playing out of position at centre. Once these boys get fitter, they will continue to improve. The U17 forward pack was bigger than our NYC pack. A couple of backs, also stood out, including fullback Lewis Huckstep, who is hopefully over his knee problems and centre Tekapo Tuaine who showed flashes of real ability. For me, even though the forwards dominated the halves Jake Gleeson and Alex Fitxhugh were the stand outs, they played extremely well.

Across the three squads that played I have only mentioned a couple, others stood out as well. Unfortunately nothing from the titans on these squads and it is unlikely that anything will be put on the official site about there great performances. Congratulations to all of the boys and their families for their hard work and effort, showing great sportsmanship and skills.

On reflection though, I had to stop and think, over the years, I have been so impressed by the talented young players at the titans, both in terms of their skills and being decent young men, you have to pause however and consider that we have finished last twice and second last twice in the last four years of NYC, the question that needs to be considered is what within the titans set up is not enabling these young guys to progress to the NYC side and then on to first grade. Yes we have had a number (James, Ridge etc) and also not all are going to make it but something seems to need to be addressed.

I firmly believe that the group of young players currently with the titans, including the CC and MM players have the chance to contribute to the success of the club, but will they. Obviously there is a new regime at the titans and it would be unfair to judge Woolf and the new staff, but please titans, get more people involved who know what they are doing and are wanting to help.

This forum is the sole place on the internet that you will get any information on the junior sides, whether that be on the development squads or the players in the CC/MM squads. Without this forum, no-one would know who these boys are, and they deserve acknowledgement for what they have and continue to achieve, regardless of where the careers take them. I will continue to support the titans, but I implore the titans to help themselves. It is ironic that my first post was talking about the opportunities in relation to junior developemnt and so is this … post. We have a golden opportunity with the young players at the titans to help them become better footballers and great young men, the titans can not waste it. Even a look at the 9's squads last week, seeing Nene McDonald, Moses My'bye etc, shows that we have missed opportunities in the past, lets hope that we have learnt some lessons.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    This forum is the sole place on the internet that you will get any information on the junior sides, whether that be on the development squads or the players in the CC/MM squads. Without this forum, no-one would know who these boys are, and they deserve acknowledgement for what they have and continue to achieve, regardless of where the careers take them. I will continue to support the titans, but I implore the titans to help themselves. It is ironic that my first post was talking about the opportunities in relation to junior developemnt and so is this … post. We have a golden opportunity with the young players at the titans to help them become better footballers and great young men, the titans can not waste it. Even a look at the 9's squads last week, seeing Nene McDonald, Moses My'bye etc, shows that we have missed opportunities in the past, lets hope that we have learnt some lessons.
    Keep up the great work. This is a very popular thread with over 7,630 views. It's valuable work and I hope we can focus on it alot more in 2014.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

You are correct when you say there needs to be more official promotion. A dedicated person who has a schedule to publish X amount of articles, videos and photos per week on the topic.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

mdrew - if possible can you please post the times and venues of the CC and MM Cup games when they are on the Coast. I have occasionally watched these games when they have played them at Runaway Bay but almost found out by accident that they were playing there. Cheers mate.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    mdrew - if possible can you please post the times and venues of the CC and MM Cup games when they are on the Coast. I have occasionally watched these games when they have played them at Runaway Bay but almost found out by accident that they were playing there. Cheers mate.
    Here is draw for CC and MM

http://www.qrl.com.au/default.aspx?s...splay&id=89938

Brilliant post up there mdrew. Such an asset to this forum

Join our team and write for QRL.com.au
    QRL Media

The QRL is expanding its coverage of rugby league in Queensland across its digital platforms. Our vision is to fully represent our participation base with a particular emphasis on grassroots rugby league. But for this to happen, we need to develop a dynamic team of QRL Correspondents who share a passion for The Greatest Game of All. This team of volunteers will work closely with the QRL Communications department in a mutually beneficial partnership.

Positions available

QRL correspondents are required for:

• Each Senior League
    • Each Junior League
    • Each Women’s League

Opportunities also exist for QRL Correspondents to cover Major Competitions

• Intrust Super Cup
    • FOGS Cup
    • FOGS Colts
    • Cyril Connell Cup
    • Mal Meninga Cup

QRL team writers
    How it works & writing styles

Consistency is the big focus. The QRL Communications team will work with you to set a deadline for submitted copy. Our aim is to publish your work at a set time each week. However, we can be flexible to suit your needs. There is no specific word count but our preference is for an article to be between 250 and 700 words (max). The submission of photos is encouraged, but is not a stringent requirement.

Your articles will be published on QRL.com.au along with your name and official title. All articles will need to be emailed to the Communications team for editing and uploading. No writing experience is necessary, but good grammar is desired. You could be a budding journalist, or simply someone who loves the game and wants to be part of a dynamic team.

For QRL Correspondents covering a Senior or Junior League:

Ideally, we would like each QRL.com.au volunteer reporter to provide an informative review of the weekend’s round. You could watch a game and write a match report, detail the other results and list the upcoming weekend’s fixtures. You may want to produce your work in a ‘shorts column’, or an ‘around the grounds brief’.

You can also email coaches/club representatives to gather additional information from other games for your weekly report.

But you don’t have to stick to match reports. You could get reaction and comments from the coaches and players, or help promote upcoming club or competition events.

You could write a feature story on a player or administrator who has reached a significant milestone. Remember to look outside the square as there could be a fantastic story right under your nose. Most importantly, have fun with your writing and learn as you go.

For QRL Correspondents covering Major Competitions:

More information on these positions will be provided upon request.

What successful applications get in return?

• Integral part of the QRL network with your name and title published on the new QRL website and other digital platforms. ie Vince Habermann – QRL Bundaberg correspondent:

• Exposure and professional development from working closely with the QRL Communications team, who have years of experience.

• Two tickets to the third State of Origin match at Suncorp Stadium. (please note this excludes travel and accommodation). The Origin ticket reward is for correspondents who stick with us and consistently meet the deadlines throughout the year.

• Lunch and drinks inside QRL Headquarters at Suncorp Stadium on Origin game day.

• Official QRL shirt and game day pass giving you access to grounds

• Canterbury Clothing voucher

Please contact Michael Hillier to apply. Michael Hillier: Media Manager – m.hillier@qrl.com.au (07) 3367 6000

http://www.qrl.com.au/