Page 11 of 940 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 511 ... LastLast
    Immortal

A couple of Titans contracted boys attending the NSW Country development seminars in Sydney, a good thing to prepare them for the future

Immortal

2014 MM and CC squads finalised, squads on GC junior rugby league website. A heap of titans contracted boys in all teams

Immortal

The announcement of the CC and MM squads, has brought a couple of serious points to light, being how poor the information from the Titans is about junior development and also how many local juniors have signed with other clubs.

Point One first, over the last couple of weeks, a number of Titans contracted juniors have represented Australia overseas, for example Van Harris, Sam Swift, Bayden McMahon, Sam Elliott etc, nothing from the Titans, yet other clubs like Penrith, did articles on their plays to keep the fan base up to date. The Titans have been very poor at this, and even with the "new" regime, the same old same old. Outside of people posting on this forum, we would not have a clue who is contracted, even then we do not have a complete picture.

That brings me to the second point, don't get me wrong, there are a number of very talented young Titans players in the squads such as Ethan Paikea, Sean Garner, Steve Dressler, Ben Newland, Duncan Harding, Emery Pere, Sam Swift, Keanu Dawson etc, it also highlights players like Brent Woolf (who Titan Pete has already mentioned), Keegan Hipgrave, Apiato Noema with the Broncos. We appear to be hopeless at making sure the best in our region play for us. Good luck to the Bronco's they know how to sign and keep juniors, as do the Roosters, have have made it an art form of signing top juniors, such as Eden Syme and also stealing Nene McDonald from us mid season. Do not get me started about the fact that we had Marion Seve in development squads when he was 13.

The frustrating part is that there is an amazing amount of talented players on the gold coast, there are far more than I could possibly mention and obviously they will not all make first grade, but give them some encouragement and let people know about them. It may encourage people to attend some junior games or even get to the ground earlier to watch the NYC (go Nathan Wilson etc). We have a vastly talented group at the U15 level in 2014, such as Konrad Edwards, Payne Haas, Dray ngatuere-Wroe, Ezra Tuitopu-Isaac etc, please don't waste the opportunity.

A lot of this obviously happened under the old development regime, and Annersley came in talking about a focus in the junior development area, but outside those words, nothing! Great appointment of Woolf as NYC coach and player development manager, but come on Titans, other clubs promote their juniors and give them some recognition, we stick our heads in the sand and do not even acknowledge them at all, maybe it is so people do not realise how poor we have been in this area.

Thanks to Titan Pete, Hail Sezer etc for keeping people up to date.

Rant over

Great post mate
    #itaintweaktospeak

Mdrew what a great post, I for one take a lot of interest in our juniors and as I dont live anywhere near the GC if it wastn for this forum I wouldnt know of anything that may be happening in our juniors.
    I did a quick search of other NRL clubs and its amazing on how far the titans are behind in regards to information on their juniors, a lot of the other clubs have soem really great write ups and information on who is representing etc etc, but the titans well what can I say our website still has last years players profiles.
    No word what so ever on our NYC except that we have a new coach. Surely its not hard to give the fans a bit of information.

Once again I would like to thank Mdrew, Titan Pete and Hail Sezer for keeping us up to date with our juniors.

Totally concur with the sentiments above ... what I don't get is that there are so many who would voluntarily contribute to providing such articles and up-dating information just to be a part of the club ... what is wrong with our guys that they can't engage the community?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Immortal

Great article on the Titans web site about them bringing in 31 14-15 year olds and their parents to work with the top squad, great work Titans great to see the effort being put in. Thanks for the information Titans! Please have a look at the article.

Great initiative. Some intelligent forward thinking by the Titans here. Love to see more of this type of investment in the youth by the club.

Here's an excerpt from a recent courier mail article [see the ASADA thread for full article]

"While some issues in the future are beyond Cartwright's control, yesterday he commenced a program with juniors aged 14 and 15 to take ownership of the club's next generation of stars.

The two-day elite player development camp was aimed at introducing kids to the life of professional football and Cartwright hopes it helps the club find their next young star.

"I don't think any kids at any NRL club will get the opportunity to experience what those 35 or 40 kids experienced then. We're very determined to get these kids in, develop them and turn out first graders," he said.

"This is just a new direction. It's a hard thing to get approval for funds because you don't see an immediate return on those funds.

"But this is a long term approach where we want to set up the best system for kids in the NRL. Today was the first step in heading towards that."

Like many, I really think we can/should be doing a much better job of nurturing and providing pathways for our young local talent. These types of opportunities not only help to improve our image amongst the community, but will hopefully spread those seeds of loyalty and passion for the GCTitans amongst our expanding young supporter base.

Also, to Mdrew, Hail Sezer and Titan Pete, you blokes do an amazing job keeping us all updated on our juniors when possible, and I'm really thankful for it. Wish the person(s) responsible for updating the titans website cared even almost as much as you guys.

Titans host juniors for development camp
    Adam Gardini
    Monday 16 December 2013 6:02 PM

iSelect Gold Coast Titans Head Coach John Cartwright and the entire Titans playing squad today handed out some coaching tips to the next generation of talented teenagers on the opening day of the club’s Elite Player Development camp.

The iSelect Titans are hosting a two-day camp for 31 juniors aged from 14-15 which includes skills sessions, strength and fitness testing, video analysis sessions, recovery sessions as well as education, career development and welfare presentations from current Titans NRL players.

The Titans have invited junior players from the Gold Coast, Northern NSW and as far north as Cairns to attend the camp, which will see them exposed to all the different facets of what it takes to become an NRL player in preparation for a potential pathway to the NRL.

The camp kicked off this morning at Titans HQ with an introduction presentation with all players and their parents before the youngsters were treated to a skills session under the watchful eye of Cartwright, Assistant Coaches Neil Henry and Trevor Gillmeister along with the entire Titans NRL squad.

The Titans Elite Player Development Camp schedule is listed below:

MONDAY, DECEMBER 16
    8am - Player & parent arrival and introduction with Titans NRL coaching staff
    9am - Parent Talk with Titans welfare staff
    9–11am - Basic skills session with Titans Junior Development staff
    11–11:30am - Individual Skill session with Titans NRL coaching staff
    12–12:45pm - Lunch
    1–1:30pm - Education talk with Titans NRL players & welfare staff
    2–3:30pm - Game play session Titans Junior Development staff
    3:30– 4pm: Recovery session at Titans HQ

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 17
    8:30-10am - Strength & Conditioning testing/technique with Titans NRL coaching staff
    10-11am - Beep test and speed test with Titans NRL coaching staff
    11–12pm - Welfare Talk with Titans NRL players & welfare staf
    12–12:45pm - Lunch
    1–1:30pm - Video Session with Titans NRL coaching staff
    1:45-3:15pm - Skills session with Titans NRL coaching staff
    3:15–3:30pm - Recovery session at Titans HQ
    3:30-4pm - Closing and farewell
    #itaintweaktospeak

Nice to see management taking part in our future
    #itaintweaktospeak

Immortal

Good to see we are casting our net far and wide, a few more boys at the U16 level include Jack Evans (front row), Zack Farrell from the Toowoomba region and Kyran Heron from Maclean in Northern NSW.

Immortal

Another name to remember for the future is Daniel Brownbill, who is a rangy backrow/centre from Springwood. Brendan was one of the young men who attended the recent camp and can be seen in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Another name to remember for the future is Daniel Brownbill, who is a rangy backrow/centre from Springwood. Brendan was one of the young men who attended the recent camp and can be seen in the video.
    Mdrew can't say I have heard of Daniel does he play in the BJRL comps and what do you know about him as far as the way he plays etc.

Immortal

Yes played U15's in the BJRL and was named in the U15 Stingers side who played their annual game against the Bronco's U15 side recently.

QUOTE=Dorrigo80;334748]Mdrew can't say I have heard of Daniel does he play in the BJRL comps and what do you know about him as far as the way he plays etc.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by mdrew; 26-12-13 at 03:06 PM. Reason: error

Good to see Titans looking in the Greater Brisbane Area as well as the Gold Coast Region.