Page 76 of 950 FirstFirst ... 26 66 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 86 126 176 576 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 14246

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    The situation at Keebra is an interesting one. One of the reasons (not the only one) that the Tigers did not renew was that the Wests Tigers were not able to contract the best Keebra boys, the Bulldogs are having the same issue. Taking into account their best players from this season, three are going to the Broncos (Fifita, Boyd and Seiuli) and one to the Roosters (Brand). Yes four are going to the Bulldogs including Seb Winters-Chang but the Broncos have had a history of cherry picking the best I.e. Jordan Kahu etc. PS the Titans have a number of Keebra boys on scholarships in the Open and lower grades.

I am not adverse at all to an agreement with Keebra but as Hail Sezer has said there will have to be a fair bit of give and take.

Until then and even after the Titans should continue to focus on Coombabah (where there are plenty of Titans boys) and PBC who have got a great U14 and U15 crop.

TSS is an interesting beast as the Titans have had a few boys there but TSS are very very good at keeping boys in rugby. The Broncos are increasing the use of GPS schools such as former Titans development squad member Tyryhs Williams heading to Ipswich Grammar School and the Cowboys have a few boys at Brisbane Grammar School including former Titans junior Dea Jarn Asi.

The Titans have an incredible record of identifying junior talent they really do but in the past we have not had the money to match the Roosters and Broncos, the Roosters in the last six months have snared four of the best GC juniors from us and the Broncos have a very heavy Northern NSW focus. Parramatta have also signed one or two such as Brent Barnes

Hopefully with the new owners and Brennan things will change, certainly seeing Jai Arrow, Jai Whitbread and Keegan Hipgrave in Titans colours gives cause for optimism for the future.

From my perspective the future with a couple of tweeks looks bright for the Titans junior development set up
    Thanks mate for all that info. Yourself and HS have a fair bit of knowledge on this so thanks for sharing your thoughts both. For me a win at the minute is that it’s in the public domain now and people are talking about it.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

Great to see that it only took 4 years and 4 months for Annesley to show some interest in this issue.

Happy new year to everyone who contributes to this great site, keep up the great work you do Mdrew and can't wait for footy to start again take care everyone cheers Chris.

Junior

Do the Titans have a relationship with any schools in the Darling Downs region?

Immortal

QUOTE=ALX25;377254]Do the Titans have a relationship with any schools in the Darling Downs region?[/QUOTE]

No mate no relationship with any schools yet but the relationship is growing quickly. If one is to be targeted it would have to be St Mary's for sure. Already a couple of titans scholarships holders go there

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    QUOTE=ALX25;377254]Do the Titans have a relationship with any schools in the Darling Downs region?
    No mate no relationship with any schools yet but the relationship is growing quickly. If one is to be targeted it would have to be St Mary's for sure. Already a couple of titans scholarships holders go there[/QUOTE]

Unfortunatley the Broncos are pretty tight with St marys and harristown, having scouts at both Schools

Junior

I'd be targeting Assumption & Downlands Colleges as well.

Immortal

Good call on Downlands mate, their rugby program is quite decent and just step below the GPS level.

Quote Originally Posted by ALX25 View Post
    I'd be targeting Assumption & Downlands Colleges as well.

Immortal

Great article on talented Titans youngster Ben Liyou

https://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/new...216250/?ref=hs

Immortal

Highlights of Titans High Performance Unit Member Cody McNiece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWs30c4KniY&t=113s

Immortal

Current and former Titans linked players named in the Brisbane Stingers U16 training squad:

Aaron Lafi - front row Slacks Creek
    Caleb Esera - front row Souths Acacia Ridge
    Laaiva Pritchard-Malaki centre Redcliffe
    Keegan Vandenberg - centre Redcliffe
    Matamatagi Riplay five eight Logan Brothers

Immortal

Great to see former Melbourne Storm utility Matt Geyer coaching in the junior rugby league ranks of the Gold Coast once again in 2018. He will be taking the U17 Currumbin Eagles Div I side who will looking to back up their 2017 U16 Div I success, youngsters like Cole Geyer and Titans contracted star youngster Noah Gafa in the side. Matt Geyer I believe is also involved in the rapidly development Marymount College Rugby League program

Immortal

Two former Titans NYC players have joined the North's Devils Queensland Cup side for the 2018 being former Keebra Park front rowers Oshae Tuiasau and Carne Doyle-Manga.

Immortal

Former Titans development squad member Josh Bevan has been named in the NSW U16 squad. Congratulations to the young man.

Immortal

2017 New Zealand Warriors NYC squad member Michael Naseri has joined the Titans affiliated Western Mustangs Colts squad for the upcoming 2018 season.