Page 62 of 950 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 72 112 162 562 ... LastLast
    Immortal

Looks like PBC may have a talented fullback on their hands for their Super Six and GIO Cup campaigns with Lower Clarence fullback Daine Laurie possible. Laurie was Group One U16 player of the year and NRRRL U18 rookie of the year. He is only small but very determined and talented

On a more serious note, having suffered watching the cc and mm games over the weekend,its time especially in regards to cc that for junior development to improve they need to get the best coaches available. The rubbish that was dished up with those 2 teams after training since november was an absolute disgrace!

What were the scores?

Immortal

Congratulations to Antonio Nelu for making the final 25 man squad for the Ipswich CC side

as a trial scores irrelevent ..ipswich were still in the process of choosing their squad.., what needs to be understood is that whilst our mate drew does a wonderful job highlighting kids, the real hard fact is that while factoring in numbers, you will be lucky to get 1 or 2 kids out of 50 who will play nrl..

these numbers will drop whilst we have text book coaches with little feel or real knowledge of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by palmbeachpariah View Post
    as a trial scores irrelevent ..ipswich were still in the process of choosing their squad.., what needs to be understood is that whilst our mate drew does a wonderful job highlighting kids, the real hard fact is that while factoring in numbers, you will be lucky to get 1 or 2 kids out of 50 who will play nrl..

these numbers will drop whilst we have text book coaches with little feel or real knowledge of the game.
    That first bit goes without saying? We enjoy learning about juniors because we have an interest in our junior pathways and junior representatives regardless of whether or not they will make NRL. Hence why there is such a big call for mdrew to continue his work. JRL holds it's own independent means of interest for us all and we read and enjoy these without necessarily expecting them to play NRL.

I disagree with your view on coaching staff although acknowledge that there is always going to be a difficulty between these coaches trying to maintain the "development" aspect of CC and MM players whilst also remaining highly competitive in each respective grade.

You are very very critical of a coaching staff that has not even started regular season yet. Do you have reason to be perhaps considering the trials or.....selection, of their squads mate?

Immortal

I fully appreciate the vast majority of the young boys will not play NRL, that is not why I review them it is about giving these young boys some recognition for their hard work (and every other young person who plays sport or studies hard etc) and hoping that they achieve the best they can both on and off the field. So many get dumped aside along the way because some teams treat them a commodity not young boys trying to achieve their dream. When one of the boys written up play NYC, QCup Colts etc and NRL then good for them they have achieved their dream and that is something to celebrate whether the dream is sport, study and job or whatever

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    I fully appreciate the vast majority of the young boys will not play NRL, that is not why I review them it is about giving these young boys some recognition for their hard work (and every other young person who plays sport or studies hard etc) and hoping that they achieve the best they can both on and off the field. So many get dumped aside along the way because some teams treat them a commodity not young boys trying to achieve their dream. When one of the boys written up play NYC, QCup Colts etc and NRL then good for them they have achieved their dream and that is something to celebrate whether the dream is sport, study and job or whatever
    Keep up the great work MDrew, PBP really loves talking down on CC at the moment, whether it players or coaches. Maybe he should put in an application for coaching role next season?

Byes, you have done an outstanding job with the up and coming player reviews

Morning Gentlemen i've been member of this group for a very short period of time and some of the articles i've read of late are down right not on and should'nt of been posted.I am totally disgusted that well have adults on here that post **** like this up and think in morally right to do so.Not only do other parents read these articles so do the kids.
    In what carpacity do you participate or support young juniors at any level or club (as going to watch ) as we do.
    If you have held or are a qualfied to coach or to manage young kids turning into young men it's in your coaches hand book how be a roll model.
    I've attended just about every training session even pre session and travel over 1hr each way.
    Remember this most coach and manager and training staff do these rolls voluntarily and they do it for the love of the game.
    so before you post any more non constructive **** read before post you're not doing anything positive towards this great game called junior rugby league,thanks for reading
    Mdew keep up the great work you do

Immortal

Congratulations to junior Titans development squad member Dion Samuela for making the U15 Rugby Gold cup squad for 2016. Dion plays half or five eight in league. Josh Vuta has made the U17 squad, Josh plays hooker or back row in league but half for Somerset College in union.
    Well done to both
    Last edited by mdrew; 28-02-16 at 02:11 PM.

Immortal

Clarence Coast's Julian Torrens played for the Far North Coast U14 rugby side this afternoon against South's Sunnybank in Brisbane, Julian Torrens ended up with five or six tries in the match won by Far North Coast. Absolutely nothing wrong with young boys playing both codes.

hey there..read my prior posts..i watched kids playing on the wrong side of the field etc...and i am targeting the cc not so much mm.. whilst all the teams run the same training drills with little thought to player development is quite sad.

i cant remember the last time i saw a coach work specifically with the halves.. and it is glaringly obvious with their lack of real skill..
    and its because the coaches really cant offer the info needed..

- - - Updated - - -

with due respect buddy after 30 yrs i choose now not to be involved..yrs of coaching at school level buckley, uni shield and junior club reps..then also at senior level as an a grade coach in sydney and a first grade coach in the country i do have the cred to give an honest opinion.

end of day, the kids wont develop whilst the text book coaches simply upgrade their qualifications. do you even realise we have a current junior coach who was an assistant coach at the nrl level and refuses to be involved.. because the system at present simply doesnt work.

end result more than half a dozen kids from the burleigh 20s last yr are up on the sunshine coast playing with melbourne.
    Last edited by palmbeachpariah; 29-02-16 at 10:05 AM.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by palmbeachpariah View Post
    hey there..read my prior posts..i watched kids playing on the wrong side of the field etc...and i am targeting the cc not so much mm.. whilst all the teams run the same training drills with little thought to player development is quite sad.

i cant remember the last time i saw a coach work specifically with the halves.. and it is glaringly obvious with their lack of real skill..
    and its because the coaches really cant offer the info needed..

- - - Updated - - -

with due respect buddy after 30 yrs i choose now not to be involved..yrs of coaching at school level buckley, uni shield and junior club reps..then also at senior level as an a grade coach in sydney and a first grade coach in the country i do have the cred to give an honest opinion.

end of day, the kids wont develop whilst the text book coaches simply upgrade their qualifications. do you even realise we have a current junior coach who was an assistant coach at the nrl level and refuses to be involved.. because the system at present simply doesnt work.

end result more than half a dozen kids from the burleigh 20s last yr are up on the sunshine coast playing with melbourne.
    yip they are and they got thumped in trial against titans, and ill be interested to see how many play round 1 this week.

on a side note, do you not rate Tanah Boyd, or Will Lockwood as halves?

Great debate everybody ... the Forum has lacked some serious controversy and I'm sure welcomes a diversity of opinions. The fact that there are some contrasting views means that there is still some life in the old girl yet. I venture to say that the 2016 NRL squad for the first time in our short history (seems like a lifetime) is giving our youth some real opportunities which can only auger well as motivation for those junior systems.
    Last edited by Titanic; 29-02-16 at 06:34 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.