Page 42 of 948 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 92 142 542 ... LastLast
    Immortal

Apologies forgot to post earlier but a great result for front rower Geordie Brand who was named the ASSRL U15 championships most valuable player, a big wrap for a hard working young player

Immortal

A heap of young titans players have scored in the first round of the Qld Junior rugby league championships which were held yesterday, including centre Damon Somerville, fullback Rixon Andrew, second row/centre Bryson Vaovasa (2), Will Evans (2) front rower Matt Canning, hooker/half Quinten Vaaua and hooker Taine Tuaupiki.

- - - Updated - - -

Round 2 scorers included centre Damon Somerville, second row/centre Bryson Vaovasa Will Evans, centre Kyah Watts, second row Tahenga Mareko

Immortal

Day three try scorers included Ediq Ambrosyev fullback (2), Damon Sommerville centre (2), he five in three games, WillEvans 5/8, he also has five in three games, Quentin Vuaau hooker/half, Kyle Fairbank second row

Immortal

front rower Tuki Seiuli also scored

Immortal

Try scorers from Day4 include half Jacob Tekii (2) fullback Ediq Ambrosyev backrower Lachlan Roby, fullback Rixon Andrew centre Bryson Vaovasa (3), giving him 6 in 4 games hooker Jed Edwards, half Quentin Vaaua,

Immortal

Centre and Burleigh junior Damon Somerville with his fifth try in as many games in the Qld Juniorchampionships.

Immortal

second row/centre Bryson Vaovasa and 5/8 Will Evans (2) and front rower tuki Seiuli with tries at tghe U14 level of the Qld Junior championships. Bryson finished top try scorer for the competition with Will Evans finishing one try behind.

Immortal

Congratulations to NZ junior 5/8 Bostyn Hakaraia for making the U18 NZRL National Performance squad. no mean feat at all

- - - Updated - - -

Story from the official site on Geordie Brand as per below

http://www.titans.com.au/news/2015/0...sen_as_be.html

Promising young prop Geordie Brand has been named in the under-15 Australian schoolboys merit side after a standout national carnival for the winning Queensland side at St Marys Leagues Stadium in western Sydney.

A member of the Titans’ high performance unit (a program for young players earmarked as potential under-20s and NRL players) and Logan Brothers junior, Brand was named player of the carnival after scoring two tries in Queensland’s 30-10 win over New South Wales in the championship final.

Despite putting together a string of impressive performances across the carnival, Brand said he was shocked to receive the individual accolade and admitted to being slightly overwhelmed when presented with the award.

“I was really surprised to get player of the carnival, I wasn’t expecting it at all and I was in shock for a while afterwards, I didn’t really know how to take it,” the Beenleigh local said.

“It was just good to play for Queensland and even better to beat New South Wales in the final and win the carnival, that was great.”

Geordie’s father Gary admitted his son, like many teenagers, is a “football tragic”, with his selection in the Australian team holding special sentiment for the Brand family.

“We’re very proud of Geordie, he loves his footy – he lives and breathes it,” Gary said.

“It’s a great achievement for him and something he can be really proud of. At the beginning of the year he really set himself to make the Australian team, his uncle made the under-15 team in 1993 too, so Geordie really wanted to make it as well.

“For him to get player of the carnival was a bit of a surprise, he was shocked for a while, but very pleased I think.”

Geordie admitted his uncle’s inclusion in the 1993 side was added motivation going into the national carnival.

“My uncle made the same team in 1993, so there was some extra motivation there, I really wanted to make it for that reason,” Geordie said.

Having given up sugar and made adjustments to his diet, Brand credited the change for improving his fitness and helping his football.

“It’s helped me improve my fitness and allowed me to play big minutes which really helped me at the carnival I think,” he said.

Geordie’s dedication is a benefit of his involvement with the Titans high performance unit. The young front-rower says training with older players and the exposure to a professional environment has helped his development enormously.

“The Titans high performance unit has been a big help to my football; training with the older guys has really helped my development and the higher intensity of training along with the bigger guys has really helped me I think.”

Gary Brand has also seen the benefit of his son’s involvement in the program, not only with his performances on the football field, but also with his approach away from the field.

“It’s obvious away from football too, how he approaches everything has changed, they’ve been a big help,” he said.

With his 186cm and 96kg frame, Geordie has the physical makeup of a powerful front-rower but Titans elite player development manager Jamie McCormack says it is his hardworking attitude that is the key to his future development.

“Geordie has been rewarded in the Australian merit team for his hard work and perseverance,” McCormack said.

“Training in the high performance unit against older guys has definitely helped Geordie, but there is still a long way to go and he needs to keep working hard like he has been doing.”

There is no doubting young Geordie’s dedication to his craft, with a car/train/bus combination taking him nearly an hour and a half to reach renowned Gold Coast rugby league school Keebra Park each day.

It would be a daunting trip for some, a bit of travel wasn’t going to stop someone as passionate as Geordie from immersing himself in rugby league at school.

“The travel is a bit long, but I don’t mind,” Geordie said. “It’s a big footy school - so I love it.”

-----------------------------------------------------
    Apologies forgot to post earlier but a great result for front rower Geordie Brand who was named the ASSRL U15 championships most valuable player, a big wrap for a hard working young player.

Immortal

Tyronne Roberts-Davis played centre for Qld in their win against NSWCHS this afternoon. Qld play NSWCCC in a semi final tomorrow before the Australian Schoolboys side is announced

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Tyronne Roberts-Davis played centre for Qld in their win against NSWCHS this afternoon. Qld play NSWCCC in a semi final tomorrow before the Australian Schoolboys side is announced
    That will be a cracker of a game... Good luck TRD

Junior

Is David Fauid contracted to the Titans? I thought he was one of Qlds best today.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by NYCDB View Post
    Is David Fauid contracted to the Titans? I thought he was one of Qlds best today.
    He is contracted to the titans

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    He is contracted to the titans
    Reuben Cotter looks to be a bit of a weapon but I'd guess he's tied up to the Cows
    #itaintweaktospeak

QLD Schoolboys live stream

TRD #3
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz5EW5dSBrg

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    QLD Schoolboys live stream

TRD #3
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz5EW5dSBrg
    Fullback David Fauid named Qld man of match but unfortunately Qld lost by 4.