Page 1 of 938 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast
    Immortal

Default Junior Development

I wanted to start a new thread around Junior Development as I think that this is an area that we find out so little about. I am not saying that the club does not take junior development seriously, they must do, but we hear so little and then you see that NYC lists for other clubs and there are a number of players that were once part of our development squads, for example the Roosters one week had 5 players and the Bronco's have a couple as well. Also previously we got names of the players in out U13 and U14 Summer squads. From a fans perspective we seem to hear little about the next generation of Titans. I have only heard of two new U20's for next year, obviously there are more just we have not heard. It will also be good to follow some of the boys from our U18's who will progress to NYC, like Dan Kilian, Jordan Dulay etc. There is nothing better than following players through the various junior competitions to hopefully a successful 1st grade career.

totally agree it would be great to find out who is on scholarships old and new, what is happening with the development squads, in and outs and generally just some news informing the fans whats happening with the development side of things

mdrew who are the two new players you have heard of coming to the club

+1 and there should be some research done on why our players move on (I'm sure there is). Can't we offer incentives for them to stay on the Coast such as education support? Are our coaches not well respected? Are our scouts on holidays? Is our club such a poor option? Do they feel they won't get a go? Don't we have enough in the budget after buying outsiders? Are the kids just busting to get away from their roots?
    Last edited by Titanic; 06-09-12 at 09:16 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Immortal

Mitch Denning - a young outside back from NSW country, represented NSW Country U18's this year, and has been playing 1st grade as well. The other I have been told about is Jake Goodsell another young outside back.

mdrew who are the two new players you have heard of coming to the club[/QUOTE]

Immortal

Looks like from articles in the Courier Mial that the Bronco's are coping a bit of flak for their Junior Development too. They at least appear to provide details, no information seems to be forth coming about our junior Development

They are leaking players because they can't fit enough locals in and we're leaking players because we don't fit enough in.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Immortal

The U16 and U16 Gold Coast squads have been announced. Next year there will still be two teams for each age group, but unlike other years there will not be one Titans team and one other for each age group. The players will all be mixed in together. Sadly there is nothing from the Titans about which of our contracted players made it. Also all contracted juniors are apparently getting toegther for a camp over the next week or so, no news on that either.

wouldnt it be great to get a bit of news on this because they are the future of our club, but like allways nothing.

i would like to know more about the young ones evan right down to selet semmer school sides and games ect

Junior Titan

Not all of us want to here about Greg Bird signing a 2 million dollar contract.Inform the supporters about the juniors and the prospects of the u/20s for 2013 season.Most of us would like to follow the development of young boys from u/16 and see how far they go in the game.Sick of reading in the paper &watching on the news about these players and the rediculous amount of money they are being paid.

Immortal

I agree with you Big Bear. The lack of information is disappointing. I encourage everybody to post information on your juniors, it will help all.

Even if titans tv just did a segment on one of the u20s trainings, spoke to the captain and some players to see how their pre season is going. That'd be cool

Anyone not heading to Redcliffe today should think about coming out to watch the Titans under 14 & under 15 development squads play at Helensvale

If u haven't seen rep footy at this age u will be very surprised at the quality of play & players , Mdrew will know what I'm talking about.

I know quite a few of the players & I'll give u 3 under 15's players to watch as these boys names u will hear of in the future.

Duncan Harding-Lock, probably the best junior defender in the competition & extremely quick ball runner.

Jack Nelson- started as a 7 ,went to wing,hit his straps in the 2nd row but he's a bit small & now finds himself with a shot at 5/8, already has been offered scholarships for 2 prestigious schools playing RU on the GC after only playing 1 year but he hasn't accepted yet as he wants to play RL.

Ethan Paikea-Front Row, at the age of 14 he's built like Sonny Bill with probably more skills already but has his head screwed on through great parents , devastating ball runner & who can chase down some of the quick backs in Defence , his running & Defence is something that must be seen to be believed (YouTube)

Games times are
    Under 14's - 4pm
    Under 15's - 5.15pm
    #itaintweaktospeak

Immortal

Great stuff Titan Pete. You are spot on about Ethan, a real talent.

The 14's ran out easy winners about 5 tries to 1 & they played in pretty good conditions but there wasn't any real standouts.

The 15's was a great match till 3/4 time with Emry at his devastating best but as usual sometimes goes too far in Defence , both front rowers from Tweed played great games with big powerful running but the guy impressed me the most was the centre (no3) to look at was small & skinny but hit like a truck with speed & a side step that can't be taught scored a nice try, I'm told he's from South Tweed.

The final 1/4 was played in torrential rain & the Titans boys struggled to hang on to the ball, Toowoomba played a great game only going down by a single try.

Very good quality footy
    #itaintweaktospeak