First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

Default Kangaroos train-on squad

The Australian Rugby League Commission has today named the following players in the VB Kangaroos? train-on squad for the end-of-season Test against New Zealand and the Prime Minister?s XIII match in Papua New Guinea.

GOLD COAST TITANS

Greg Bird

Jamal Idris

Nate Myles

William Zillman

NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS

Darius Boyd

Akuila Uate

PENRITH PANTHERS

Lachlan Coote

Tim Grant

Michael Jennings

Luke Lewis

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS

Ben Creagh

Brett Morris

Trent Merrin

Beau Scott

SYDNEY ROOSTERS

Jake Friend

Mitchell Pearce

WARRIORS

Feleti Mateo

WESTS TIGERS

Robbie Farah

Chris Lawrence

Aaron Woods

The Prime Minister?s XIII match against Papua New Guinea will be played in Port Moresby on September 23 with the end-of-season Test between the Kangaroos and New Zealand to be played at Townsville?s Dairy Farmers Stadium on October 13.

Further players will be added to the squad as teams are eliminated from the Telstra Premiership.

Players may also be selected in the teams from outside the training squad.

Training details for the squad will be announced next week.

JUNIOR KANGAROOS TRAIN-ON

The Australian Rugby League Commission has today named the following players in the Junior Kangaroos? train-on squad for the end-of-season Test against the Junior Kiwis in Townsville.

Michael Lichaa, Cronulla Sharks
    Ben Hampton, Melbourne Storm
    Young Tonumaipea, Melbourne Storm
    Alex McKinnon, Newcastle Knights
    Korbin Sims, Newcastle Knights
    Chris Grevsmuhl, North Queensland Cowboys
    Cheyse Blair, Parramatta Eels
    Boyd Cordner, Sydney Roosters

The end-of-season Test between the Junior Kangaroos and Junior Kiwis will be played at Townsville?s Dairy Farmers Stadium on October 13.

Further players will be added to the squad as teams are eliminated from the Telstra Premiership and Toyota Cup Finals.

Players may also be selected in the team from outside the training squad.

Training details for the squad will be announced next week.
    nrl.com

Idris? WTF have they gone mad? Im also suprised to see Coote and Zillman's name there as well.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Sezer View Post
    Idris? WTF have they gone mad? Im also suprised to see Coote and Zillman's name there as well.
    Because there are Rugby League coaches that know how to use the potential these players have.
    Idris has something that other players can't train for...what he lacks can be taught.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Because there are Rugby League coaches that know how to use the potential these players have.
    Idris has something that other players can't train for...what he lacks can be taught.
    With your Anti-Carty Agenda to the side

Im wondering what they see in Zillman?
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    With your Anti-Carty Agenda to the side

Im wondering what they see in Zillman?
    Yeah...a tricky one..he seems to have a strong core, with a slight swerve and a straight running style...combine that with his pace and he seems dangerous around the ruck...I see him receiving an inside ball (similar to Slater gets off Cronk) or backing up an offloading forward.

He's not a typical type of fullback that sweeps around a couple of decoy runners out wide to set up his outside backs...and he doesn't often try beating his man on the outside which limits his attack when receiving a kick down field in open play.
    But he will eat meters up pretty quick with his straight running style.

It would take a certain pattern for him to fit into playing fullback and there are a lot of good fullbacks running around.

Maybe they are looking at a wing position

I just hope Carty is taking notes about how Zilly and Jama are employed.
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

Both Bird and Myles are supposed to busted but I just can't agree that the other two are rep material at the moment. Good luck to them all but gee.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I have no doubt that Idris has the potential to be a Test player (yes, I know he has played before) but form and fitness doesn't warrant it. What will be most interesting is what he shows he can currently do, compared to what we have seen him stumble through for most of the 2012 season. It will be a true and honest indicator of where the problem actually lies.

It will end the debate once and for all. Either Jamal is a big, fat, unfit pile that can't run, or he is an under-utilised weapon that is being held back. Honestly, I think he is a bit of both.

As far as Zilly goes, he'll be bench player IMO, good hole runner, would fit in well if Slater gets injured without to much re-jigging.

The only thing i can think of is that each club had 2 players the club coach chooses, for a Football clinic
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Zillman actually played well once Sezer came on board. His biggest issue was his back. I still think he should play left centre for us but he played his bet games for us during our run in the middle of the season.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

i dont think either of them will get with in cooee of the actual team, there will be 40 or so players in this train on squad.

but the experience can be good. mixing and training with better players is only a good thing. imagine cowboys getting beat this weekend and JT joining the squad and hanging around with Zilly...hed have to rub off on you. and brent Tate will prolly get to train on, who is one of the best prepared players in the game...room him with Jamal... it could be really good for them.