Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

The Penrith Panthers are pleased to announce the signing of experienced utility Luke Capewell to the club for the remainder of 2013 and season 2014.

Capewell debuted in the NRL for the South Sydney Rabbitohs in 2008. Since then, he’s shown his flair on the field for the Gold Coast Titans and Brisbane Broncos.

Panthers General Manager Rugby League Phil Moss said “We are thrilled to have Luke sign on with us. His versatility on the field allows him to play in a number of different positions, which will add depth to our ranks”.

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/offici...#ixzz2UBJfBIrx

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Wallace set for Penrith return
    Published on May 19th, 2013
    Written by: Daily Telegraph

Former NSW halfback Peter Wallace is poised to ask the Brisbane Broncos for a release so he can re-join the Penrith Panthers.

The deal is expected to be finalised this week as the Panthers? recruitment program continues to build up.

While Wallace has another year to run on his Broncos deal, it is believed they would not stand in his way if he wanted to leave.

Wallace?s probable return to Centrebet Stadium would be a massive coup for the Panthers, who have tried to sign representative halves Johnathan Thurston and Todd Carney without success in recent months.

It now seems certain that Wallace, 27, and Jamie Soward will form the halves combination at the Panthers next season.
    God, I hope not. Must have been something in Gus's lasagne down at the leagues club if he thinks this is a good idea. Letting Wallace go was one of the best moves the club has made. Got signed by the donkeys on the back of a field goal, and has done nothing since.

Default Matt Moylan re-signs with Penrith

http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/ne...-Penrith/75470

The Penrith Panthers are pleased to announce the re-signing of exciting young fullback Matt Moylan to the club, for seasons 2014 and 2015.
    A St. Clair Comets and St. Patricks junior, and having starred in the Panthers NYC team from 2009 to 2011, Moylan has impressed with his tenacity and commitment on the field since making his first-grade debut in the Round 7 win over Eels at Centrebet Stadium.
    Panthers General Manager Rugby League Phil Moss said ?We are thrilled that Matt has recommitted to playing for the Panthers, and look forward to seeing his career flourish here at the club.?
    Moylan says ?Playing for the Panthers is a dream come true for me. Having being a local junior, I?m excited to be building my career at Penrith. My goal is just to play well and do the boys and the club proud.?
    Good signing. Great replacement for Coote, and with Coote being moved to the halves, a permanent position.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney Titans Fanatic View Post
    The Penrith Panthers are pleased to announce the signing of experienced utility Luke Capewell to the club for the remainder of 2013 and season 2014.

Capewell debuted in the NRL for the South Sydney Rabbitohs in 2008. Since then, he?s shown his flair on the field for the Gold Coast Titans and Brisbane Broncos.

Panthers General Manager Rugby League Phil Moss said ?We are thrilled to have Luke sign on with us. His versatility on the field allows him to play in a number of different positions, which will add depth to our ranks?.

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/offici...#ixzz2UBJfBIrx
    He has been playing well for Redcliffe but he seems destined to be "depth" in the NRL. Great at backing up breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/ne...-Penrith/75470

Good signing. Great replacement for Coote, and with Coote being moved to the halves, a permanent position.
    Yeah Moylan has been impressive since his debut

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    God, I hope not. Must have been something in Gus's lasagne down at the leagues club if he thinks this is a good idea. Letting Wallace go was one of the best moves the club has made. Got signed by the donkeys on the back of a field goal, and has done nothing since.
    Don't worry Steve the Panthers have signed Luke Capewell for the rest of this season & next year
    #itaintweaktospeak

Bulldogs close in on Israel Folau
    Published on June 2nd, 2013
    Written by: Daily Telegraph

Israel Folau is on the verge of becoming the first sporting star in history to play three footy codes in three years.

We?re hearing the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have all but reached an agreement for Folau to rejoin the NRL next year.

It would mean the new Wallaby recruit will have played AFL for the Giants, rugby union for the Waratahs and league for the Bulldogs in just three seasons.

The NRL deal has yet to be finalised, but Folau?s manager has been in talks with the Dogs for a number of weeks.

The obvious question is how would the Bulldogs fit a $750,000-a-year player under the salary cap.

The future of Blues centre Josh Morris has been the centre of much speculation in recent times with reports he?s heading back to the St George Illawarra Dragons.

If it were to happen, his departure would almost be enough to squeeze Folau in under the salary cap.

Read more at the Daily Telegraph
    #itaintweaktospeak

Folau as a centre? Hardly, so that means Barba may be on the outer too.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Frenchman Casty joins Sydney Roosters

AAP
    Wed 12th June, 11:41am

French international Remi Casty will join the NRL in 2014 after signing a two-year deal with the Sydney Roosters.

The move will reunite the rugged prop with Roosters mentor Trent Robinson, who coached Casty at English Super League club Catalans Dragons in 2011-12.

Under Robinson's tutelage, Casty's game lifted to new levels and he was named the French player of the year in 2011.

The 28-year-old, who played for France in the 2008 rugby league World Cup, will join the Roosters after this year's World Cup in England.

"It's my career achievement," Casty said in a statement.

"It's something I've always wanted to do since I started playing rugby.

"I've spent eight wonderful seasons at the Catalans Dragons. I'm very proud to have worn this jersey and I really want to thank the club to allow me to take this opportunity."
    #itaintweaktospeak

Soward to London Broncos. Should go well for them. Will return to Oz for the Panthers at season's end.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Best outcome for both parties.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Barba Brisbane Return?

A rumour that won't go away is Ben Barba to the Broncos and Israel Folau to the Bulldogs.

"Ben Barba has the desire to go back to Queensland, there's no doubt about that," said Matty Johns, on Triple M's Grill Team.

"A far as I know, if the Bulldogs would've landed Israel Folau, their plan was to play [Folau] at fullback [and] they would allow Ben Barba to go home."

"But it's looking unlikely that [Folau will] end up at the Bulldogs. He's probably going to settle in Rugby Union."

Coach Des Hasler would not make a call on Ben Barba's future at the Bulldogs.

"At the moment we're treating it one week at a time, but there's a whole lot of issues, there's a whole lot of things that Ben's working on as well," Hasler said today.

"I'm quite sure Ben wants to stay at the club, it's just the circumstances that are involved and that are personal and I would ask you to appreciate that."

Ben Barba missed the opening three rounds of the NRL season this year, having been stood down by the Bulldogs following off-field issues.

It has been reported the Bulldogs and Dally M Award winner wants to be close to his two daughters, Bronte and Bodhi who are with ex-partner Ainslie Currie in Queensland.

MMM
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Panthers extend Cleary's contract
    By James MacSmith
    AAP
    Wed 28th August, 9:20pm

Penrith have extended the contract of coach Ivan Cleary until the end of the 2016 NRL season.

The former Warriors mentor joined the Panthers at the start of the 2012 season on a three-year deal and has been rewarded for the club's surprisingly good form during this year in earning an extension through the 2015 and 2016 seasons.

Panthers supremo Phil Gould said in a club statement announcing the extension that Cleary was the man to take the Panthers forward.

"Ivan has been an integral part of Penrith's rebuilding process," Gould said.

"He has done an outstanding job with our NRL team and with establishing a new level of professionalism in our club.

"Ivan has also played a vital role in setting up our development programs all the way back to junior league football, which I know will produce a steady stream of NRL quality players for many years to come.

"Under Ivan's guidance, we are on our way to making the Panthers a major player in the NRL competition".

The Panthers finished second last in 2012 in a forgettable year in Cleary's first season in charge.

But this season the wooden spoon fancies have been the NRL's surprise packets.

After a slow start to the season, some impressive mid-year form resulted in an an upset win over premiers Melbourne and a record 62-6 win over the Warriors.

They twice put together three-game winning streaks before their performances dipped in the latter stages of the season.

But the Panthers can still qualify for the playoffs if they defeat Canterbury and Manly in the final two rounds.

Cleary said he was happy to have his future secured long-term.

"When I first arrived at Penrith I saw huge potential coming through in the junior ranks and some great talent already cemented in the NRL squad, I'm very positive about the future of the Panthers, and I'm excited to be staying on until 2016," he said.

"We have some experienced players joining the NRL squad next year, along with a handful of juniors, and I think this mix will see us continue to improve".

Cleary, who played for 186 first grade games for Manly, North Sydney, Sydney Roosters and the Warriors spent six years coaching the Warriors and took them to the 2011 grand final before joining Penrith.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Default Kennedy to Broncos

Broncos confirm the signing of Martin Kennedy on a three-year deal until the end of 2016.

source;Rugby League Week
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Panthers extend Cleary's contract
    By James MacSmith
    AAP
    Wed 28th August, 9:20pm

Penrith have extended the contract of coach Ivan Cleary until the end of the 2016 NRL season.

The former Warriors mentor joined the Panthers at the start of the 2012 season on a three-year deal and has been rewarded for the club's surprisingly good form during this year in earning an extension through the 2015 and 2016 seasons.

Panthers supremo Phil Gould said in a club statement announcing the extension that Cleary was the man to take the Panthers forward.

"Ivan has been an integral part of Penrith's rebuilding process," Gould said.

"He has done an outstanding job with our NRL team and with establishing a new level of professionalism in our club.

"Ivan has also played a vital role in setting up our development programs all the way back to junior league football, which I know will produce a steady stream of NRL quality players for many years to come.

"Under Ivan's guidance, we are on our way to making the Panthers a major player in the NRL competition".

The Panthers finished second last in 2012 in a forgettable year in Cleary's first season in charge.

But this season the wooden spoon fancies have been the NRL's surprise packets.

After a slow start to the season, some impressive mid-year form resulted in an an upset win over premiers Melbourne and a record 62-6 win over the Warriors.

They twice put together three-game winning streaks before their performances dipped in the latter stages of the season.

But the Panthers can still qualify for the playoffs if they defeat Canterbury and Manly in the final two rounds.

Cleary said he was happy to have his future secured long-term.

"When I first arrived at Penrith I saw huge potential coming through in the junior ranks and some great talent already cemented in the NRL squad, I'm very positive about the future of the Panthers, and I'm excited to be staying on until 2016," he said.

"We have some experienced players joining the NRL squad next year, along with a handful of juniors, and I think this mix will see us continue to improve".

Cleary, who played for 186 first grade games for Manly, North Sydney, Sydney Roosters and the Warriors spent six years coaching the Warriors and took them to the 2011 grand final before joining Penrith.
    Even though the Panthers have done some odd recruitment for next season with Soward 'n Wallace. I feel they may be the dark horse of the competition in 2014. Wouldn't be too surprised if they find themselves up the pointy end of the ladder, this time next year..