Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I look forward to the Dogs v Donkeys match , "IF" selected where will Prince hide
    Yes agree Pete and I like the big IF, maybe after saturdays night performance Redcliffe dolphins look good

Thurston signs with Cowboys until 2017. Very good.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

excellent for Qld rugby league ... would have been terrible at Gouldworld or Haslerland.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Default Eels sign young Bronco Norman

Eels sign young Bronco Norman
    Print

RSS
    Wayne Heming AAP Mon, Mar 25, 2013 - 12:23 PM

Parramatta have signed young Brisbane Broncos fullback Corey Norman on a three-year deal starting in the 2014 NRL season.

The Eels are expected to confirm Norman's signing at a press conference in Sydney on Monday afternoon after finalising some contract details over the weekend.

It's understood the 21 year-old, who's been in the Broncos system since he was a teenager and identified as Darren Lockyer's five-eighth replacement, has signed for close to $1.5 million until 2016.

Norman, who'll play his 50th game for Brisbane against Melbourne at Suncorp on Friday night, made his debut for the Broncos in round one against North Queensland in 2010.

Brisbane were very keen to retain Norman and stepped up negotiating with him amid rumours the Eels already had his signature.

Norman's desire to play five-eighth, a position he assumed when Lockyer retired last year but missed out on this year when the club picked up veteran Scott Prince, clearly influenced his decision with Parramatta screaming out for a quality No.6.

Norman is the second highly-rated young back to leave Brisbane in the past few seasons to chase more time in their preferred position.

Kiwi representative Gerard Beale, another player who arrived at the club in his early teens, joined St George Illawarra this season because he wanted to play fullback.
    #itaintweaktospeak

500K/yr for Norman?

Is it just me or is that crazy?

Oops...Old news and wrong thread. Damn Tablets...Electronic tablets not of the drug variety.
    Last edited by shamus; 25-03-13 at 07:04 PM.

Default Eels sign English forwards to NRL deals

Eels sign English forwards to NRL deals

AAP
    Tue 23rd April, 9:46pm

RSS
    Parramatta have confirmed that English international forwards Gareth Hock and Lee Mossop will join the NRL club next season on two-year deals.

The Eels, who had been negotiating with their Super League club Wigan for some time, released a statement on Tuesday night stating the pair had agreed to join Ricky Stuart's side from the start of 2014.

Experienced second-rower Hock, who is currently on loan at Widnes, and 24-year-old prop Mossop will add grunt to an Eels side that has shown promising signs this season after picking up the wooden spoon last year.

The 29-year-old Hock has played a total of eight Tests for England and Great Britain and is renowned as one of Super League's most aggressive players.

"Playing in the NRL is the biggest challenge you can have in rugby league, playing against the best week in week out," said Hock, who has made 135 appearances for Wigan.

"Adrian Morley is a good friend of mine and he has told me Ricky Stuart's coaching style will suit the type of player I am, so I am really excited about coming on board."

Mossop is regarded as one of the rising stars of the Super League that led to him earning his first three Test caps for England last year against France and Wales.

"I have always aspired to one day playing in the NRL and the fact that my dream has become a reality with a team with such a rich history like Parramatta is an added bonus," said Mossop.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Great news to see more Poms. Really cant believe how many after over here. Im over joyed.

Bad new sfor Super League, less Aussies and Kiwis there and now we are draining them!

But at least a youngster choosing to play RL now has real career paths in the UK and Aust.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Great news to see more Poms. Really cant believe how many after over here. Im over joyed.

Bad new sfor Super League, less Aussies and Kiwis there and now we are draining them!

But at least a youngster choosing to play RL now has real career paths in the UK and Aust.
    Its a good they want to test there skills at our level, because super league is pretty boring to watch unless it is the top teams and even then the standard is about our Qcup level.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

5. What’s Tomkins worth?
    Is Sam Tomkins worth $1million? Not while the salary cap is $5.85million, no. But it will soon be $7million – and Tomkins is the sort of man who puts bums on seats. Tomkins is bettered only by Billy Slater when it comes to broken field running — a fullback who can create opportunities like few others. But the club that can afford Tomkins may not be his best destination. Does Tomkins really need to come into a new competition and be relied upon immediately to win matches? St George Illawarra and Sydney Roosters would afford him a more gentle transition from Super League than the Warriors, based on the form of all three so far this season.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...#ixzz2RoPCHvjA

Dragons sign English prop Mike Cooper

AAP
    Tue 30th April, 4:57pm

St George Illawarra have confirmed the signing of English prop Mike Cooper on a two-year deal starting next NRL season.

Cooper will continue the English invasion of the NRL, his signing coming hot on the heels of Parramatta recruiting UK-based duo Gareth Hock and Lee Mossop.

The Dragons agreed to a release fee with Super League club Warrington Wolves to sign the 24-year-old, who had been under contract to the Wolves through to the end of the 2014 season.

"It's something I've always wanted to do since the age of 16," Cooper said in a statement released by the Dragons.

"Being a Warrington lad I'm very proud to have been a part of what the club has achieved over the last couple seasons with the recent success in the Challenge Cup and in reaching the grand final.

"The next step for me is to test myself in Australia and gain some experience.

"I'm fully aware it's going to be big learning curve for me; I'll be back at square one again really but it's something that really excites me."
    #itaintweaktospeak

TODD CARNEY RE-SIGNS WITH THE SHARKS

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

Staying in the Shire
    Todd Carney will remain at Cronulla Sharks after knocking back a rich five-year deal from the Penrith Panthers today.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal the Panthers were informed about Carney’s decision around lunchtime.

It’s believed Penrith had offered Carney a five-year deal worth about $4.5 million.

The Sharks had been struggling to match the money, with their last offer understood to be around the $750,000-a-season mark.

Carney’s decision is a huge boost for the Sharks, who have not re-signed a single player since the ASADA scandal erupted in February.

Read more at the Daily Telegraph

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/todd-c...#ixzz2SlnJOhRJ

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

Nice decision by Carney. Should bring other clubs into play for the remaining players up for grabs.

Wallace set for Penrith return
    Published on May 19th, 2013
    Written by: Daily Telegraph

Former NSW halfback Peter Wallace is poised to ask the Brisbane Broncos for a release so he can re-join the Penrith Panthers.

The deal is expected to be finalised this week as the Panthers? recruitment program continues to build up.

While Wallace has another year to run on his Broncos deal, it is believed they would not stand in his way if he wanted to leave.

Wallace?s probable return to Centrebet Stadium would be a massive coup for the Panthers, who have tried to sign representative halves Johnathan Thurston and Todd Carney without success in recent months.

It now seems certain that Wallace, 27, and Jamie Soward will form the halves combination at the Panthers next season.
    #itaintweaktospeak