Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    They went for Bellemy and settled for Elliott...big miss there.
    NZ is a Great place to Visit
    #itaintweaktospeak

I think they're a top eight team next season. Raiders won't get near it while the Warriors will.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    NZ is a Great place to Visit
    Is this code for Elliot not staying long? My dislike of Elliot coaching stretches back to his Bradford Bulls days. Seems like a nice guy though.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Is this code for Elliot not staying long? My dislike of Elliot coaching stretches back to his Bradford Bulls days. Seems like a nice guy though.
    No mate I just meant it to say Bellamy was never going over there , in regards to Elliot being signed I think he's a good coach but I do know the players were expecting Iro to get the gig & were not even told about the new coach being appointed

I'm with Titanic , top 8 all day
    #itaintweaktospeak

South Sydney Rabbitohs bolster backline depth, signing Bryson Goodwin on one year NRL deal

Souths coach Michael Maguire said Goodwin, 26, was an important addition to the club's outside backs, and will add depth behind first-choice pair Nathan Merritt and Andrew Everingham.

"Goodwin is a quality player with both first grade and international experience which will be invaluable for our backline," Maguire said in a statement.

"Unfortunately for him he had a season of injury in 2012 but he'll be joining our squad for pre-season preparations, giving him the best chance to make first grade.

"He's very professional in everything he does and we're looking forward to him bolstering our options in the backs."

Goodwin has scored 33 tries in 77 NRL games which included 68 matches for the Bulldogs and nine for Cronulla.

The Parkes-born Goodwin, who spent 2007 and 2008 with the Sharks and was at the Bulldogs from 2009-2012 has played four Tests for New Zealand. He missed much of the 2012 season with a ruptured spleen.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Default Henderson Returns To Dragons

Written by: St. George Illawarra Dragons
    Nov 2, 2012 3:50pm

The St George Illawarra Dragons on Friday announced the signing of Michael Henderson to a one-year contract that will see him re-join the Club next season until at least the end of 2013.

The Griffith junior originally joined the Club in 2002 and was part of the Dragons Jersey Flegg team who reached the Grand Final of the competition that same season.

Henderson, 28, made his first grade debut for the Dragons in Round 26 of the 2003 season against the Brisbane Broncos and ultimately played 40 first-grade games for the Club between 2003-06.

The prop has spent the past six seasons contracted with the Gold Coast Titans and has made a career total of 118 NRL games to date.

?Michael is a quality person and experienced prop whom we welcome back to our Club,? said Dragons CEO Peter Doust.

?His signing adds depth to our squad and we look forward to his contributions both on and off the field.?

Henderson will join the Dragons when pre-season training commences in Wollongong on Monday, November 5.
    #itaintweaktospeak

The North Queensland Cowboys have confirmed the signing of Englishman Scott Moore on a two-year deal.

Stagg returns to Broncos

RSS
    Wayne Heming AAP Sat, Nov 03, 2012 - 11:59 AM

Experienced utility David Stagg is heading home to play out his career with the Brisbane Broncos where he made his NRL debut a decade ago.

Stagg's return to the club comes three days after Brisbane's surprise signing of another former Bronco, Gold Coast halfback Scott Prince, to a two-year deal on Wednesday.

A member of Brisbane's last grand final win in 2006, Stagg, 29, played for Canterbury in this year's grand final loss to Melbourne. The Broncos have signed him to a two-year deal.

"My family are all in Brisbane so to get an opportunity to play for a club like the Brisbane Broncos again, I am over the moon," Stagg told AAP.

"Brisbane have given me an opportunity to keep playing in the NRL and I couldn't be happier."

With strike forward Ben Te'o heading to South Sydney in 2013 there is an opening for Stagg to be part of Broncos coach Anthony Griffin's backrow rotation with his high work rate and utility value.

"That's exactly what the coach said to me and I am looking forward to the challenge," Stagg said.

"Going to the Bulldogs was one of the best decisions I made and I played some really good footy."

Stagg's two-year deal gives him a chance to bring up two major milestones with the club where his career started in 2003.

Eight more games will see him become a Broncos centurion while 14 more appearances will take him into the NRL's 200-game club.

A local product of the Aspley Devils juniors, Stagg's defensive skills (he once held the record for 64 tackles on a game) and ability to play a number of positions from backrow to centre earned him a State of Origin call-up to the Queensland side which kick-started the Maroons' amazing seven straight series streak in 2006.

His versatility paid off for Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett who used him successfully in the centres in the 2006 grand final win over Melbourne Storm when Justin Hodges had to be switched to fullback to replace the injured Karmichael Hunt.

Stagg joined Canterbury in 2009 after six straight seasons with Brisbane.

The Bulldogs did not offer him a new contract for 2013.

"I turned 29 a few weeks ago and I still think I've got a few good solid years ahead of me and hopefully I can bring some experience and leadership to the club," Stagg said.

"The hunger is still there and hopefully I can have a good pre-season and be there come game one."
    #itaintweaktospeak

Manly have confirmed the signings of Justin Horro ,Esi Tonga & Kayne Lawton for 2013 , I hope Kayne can crack it fr a 1st grade gig but if he doesn't look no further than the Oxygen Theif in Murphy...
    #itaintweaktospeak

Mason re-signs with Knights for two years

RSS
    AAP Thu, Nov 15, 2012 - 1:52 PM

Controversial forward Willie Mason has re-signed with Newcastle for the next two NRL seasons, the club announced on Thursday.

A Newcastle junior, Mason joined the Knights mid-way through last year and slowly worked his way into form to become a key figure for the club towards the back end of the season.

Knights' coach Wayne Bennett welcomed Mason's commitment to the side for the next two years.

"Willie made a wonderful contribution to the Knights from the minute he arrived, which has been well documented," Bennett said in a statement.

"We are all looking forward to seeing what a good pre-season can do for him as well as seeing him play with the Knights for the next two seasons."

The 32-year-old Mason, who - as a youngster, called nearby Toronto home - said he was looking forward to extending his 13-year top-flight career at Newcastle.

"The deal was done earlier in the year and I am glad all the formalities have now been finalised," Mason said.

"I am very excited to be a Knight for the next two years."
    #itaintweaktospeak

Tamou re-signs with North Queensland

RSS
    AAP Mon, Dec 10, 2012 - 1:28 PM

Kangaroo James Tamou has spurned offers from rival NRL clubs to re-sign with North Queensland until the end of 2016.

The imposing front-rower, who established himself as one of the elite forwards in the NRL in 2012 by making his Test and NSW Origin debuts, was being chased hard by several clubs including wooden-spooners Parramatta.

But the 24-year-old chose to stick with the club he debuted for in 2009, admitting he felt he owed it to the Cowboys for the faith they showed in him when he signed from the Sydney Roosters in 2009.

"When I first came to the Cowboys, I hadn't played in the NRL and now I'm playing Origin and Test footy which shows how much being here has helped my game," he said in a statement.

"I owe this club a lot and I love the area and the people here so my goal was to stay with North Queensland.

"I think we have a great squad and can challenge for titles next year and beyond that."

Cowboys general manager Peter Parr hailed the re-signing.

"After the way he played this year, I think everyone now knows what a talented footballer James is," Parr said in a statement.

"His 2012 season was one of the best by a front-rower in this club's history.

"Not only did he play representative football, he excelled at that level and he was among our best players week-in, week-out with his teammates recognising him with the players' player of the year award.

"At 24, his best years as a forward in the NRL are still ahead of him."

Tamou's news comes hot on the heels of the club's re-signing of young winger Antonio Winterstein, also until the end of 2016.

But the Cowboys still have some of their biggest stars off contract in the coming 12 months, including co-captains Johnathan Thurston and Matt Scott, star fullback Matt Bowen and representative centre Brent Tate.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Knights sign Quinn on one-year deal

RSS
    AAP Mon, Jan 07, 2013 - 6:38 PM

Newcastle have turned to a familiar face in a bid to add some depth to their outside backs, signing former Knight Anthony Quinn for the 2013 NRL season.

Quinn, 29, who played 103 games with the Knights from 2002-2006 before linking with Melbourne, has agreed to a one-year deal with the club.

The former NSW Origin winger has endured a wretched run with injury in recent years, but will give Newcastle coach Wayne Bennett another experienced option out wide.

The Knights have already added ex-Sydney Roosters centre BJ Leilua to their squad, with Quinn set to back-up first-choice wingers Akuila Uate and James McManus.

"He can play on the wing, in the centres and even in the second row, so his versatility will be a great addition to the team," Knights chief executive Matt Gidley said in a statement.

"He is very well liked, has a superb work ethic and he is just the type of player we want to have around the club."
    #itaintweaktospeak

Apparently Tom Briscoe is heading to Cronulla next year. He is one I thought we would have had a decent look at to fill that centre position tbh

Williams makes 'Dogs debut in NRL trial

RSS
    Steve Jancetic AAP Sun, Feb 10, 2013 - 9:01 PM

Canterbury fans are salivating at the prospect of a fearsome one-two punch after getting their first glimpse of blockbusting back-rower Tony Williams in Sunday's NRL trial win over Newtown.

The Bulldogs were too good for their NSW Cup opponents, winning 36-14 at Belmore Sportsground, but the scoreline took a back seat to the blue-and-white debut of former Manly juggernaut Williams.

Williams joined his first-team regulars in playing the second half of the low-key trial, Bulldogs coach Des Hasler giving his first indication as to how he plans to use the NSW Origin and Test representative as he lined up on the right edge alongside Josh Reynolds and Krisnan Inu.

Williams played much of his football at Manly on the left edge, but it appears the Bulldogs will attack both sides, with 'T-Rex' on one side and Frank Pritchard on the other.

"It's something we can work with," Hasler said of his formations, with Pritchard joining the likes of Michael Ennis, Sam Kasiano, Greg Eastwood, the suspended James Graham and All-Stars representatives Ben Barba and Josh Morris as spectators on Sunday.

"Some sides might think it's good that he (Williams) might play on the right side but then you've got someone like a Josh Jackson or a Frank Pritchard coming at you."

Williams, who skittled a number of defenders on one powerful run, wasn't too concerned with where he played, but was happy to rekindle his partnership with his former Manly mentor Hasler.

"It's a bonus for me that he's here. I'm only going to improve being under him," Williams said of Hasler.

"It doesn't really bother me (where I play). I'm just here to do my best for the team and that's what's best for the team - that's what I have to do."

After the fringe squad members ran up a 22-4 lead at the break, the Bulldogs found themselves under plenty of early pressure when the available first-choice squad took to the field.

But after conceding an early try, they soon found some rhythm with Reynolds and Sam Perrett among the tryscorers.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Williams makes 'Dogs debut in NRL trial

RSS
    Steve Jancetic AAP Sun, Feb 10, 2013 - 9:01 PM

Canterbury fans are salivating at the prospect of a fearsome one-two punch after getting their first glimpse of blockbusting back-rower Tony Williams in Sunday's NRL trial win over Newtown.

The Bulldogs were too good for their NSW Cup opponents, winning 36-14 at Belmore Sportsground, but the scoreline took a back seat to the blue-and-white debut of former Manly juggernaut Williams.

Williams joined his first-team regulars in playing the second half of the low-key trial, Bulldogs coach Des Hasler giving his first indication as to how he plans to use the NSW Origin and Test representative as he lined up on the right edge alongside Josh Reynolds and Krisnan Inu.

Williams played much of his football at Manly on the left edge, but it appears the Bulldogs will attack both sides, with 'T-Rex' on one side and Frank Pritchard on the other.
    I look forward to the Dogs v Donkeys match , "IF" selected where will Prince hide
    #itaintweaktospeak