Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    The major concern is that the careers pathways are unclear and decision-making eclectic to say the least. The crowds want the vibrant team back that started the era. Chancing their hands, tackling with enthusiasm, quick play the balls, confident onfield decision-making and a desperation to defend the line ... losing with effort is heartbreakingly satisfying.
    Agree. Winning games and, if we lose, losing without being boring is a good start.
    I also think a revised marketing plan about getting to Skilled Park needs to be refreshed. I know many who think it's too hard to get there etc etc but for just one example, I have never seen it advertised that you can park and train it from Varsity Lakes station since that station opened. Obvious to many but sometimes people have to be hand fed. Of course not being able to park at Robina TC is an old chestnut but that cause seems lost. Obviously Anna Bligh and her lot made it more difficult for people to easily get to Skilled Park but have any of our new local Liberals done anything for us?
    Readership of the GC Bulletin is also quite small so I think letter box drops with membership details, how to get there, etc is overdue. Perhaps some stalls in shopping centres might also be worthwhile - Foxtel have been doing it for years.
    Just a few thoughts. I think we need to go towards throwing the Titans brand out there in front of people again rather than hope they will come to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Michaels and O'Dwyer where not groomed here nor would they make any other team's squad while James is nowhere near realising his potential but we all understand those facts.

The major concern is that the careers pathways are unclear and decision-making eclectic to say the least. The crowds want the vibrant team back that started the era. Chancing their hands, tackling with enthusiasm, quick play the balls, confident onfield decision-making and a desperation to defend the line ... losing with effort is heartbreakingly satisfying.
    Sorry mate, I wasnt sting they were groomed here... Your original post said get locals in th team...

Was just pointing out that they are locals

Not arguing with you, just debating. But we all agree there is a way to go.

No argument from me at all on this.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Yeah, I finally got my membership card and vouchers shipped to my home address in Amsterdam ... It's a pity I can't redeem my voucher in time (yeah don't think I could make it to the Christmas Party in minus 24 hours), since I lack financial resources right now, but oh well, I hope I fulfilled my contribution .
    Aiming for the title farthest away fan

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    SO can we cancel memberships?
    I got platinum, but with the draw and sunday games we get it is not worth it for me, cant make sundays because of work FFS
    ****it decided to keep membership and change Jobs LOL
    if i can find something, if not i can see sick days being used on titans home games
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Chaserz View Post
    Yeah, I finally got my membership card and vouchers shipped to my home address in Amsterdam ... It's a pity I can't redeem my voucher in time (yeah don't think I could make it to the Christmas Party in minus 24 hours), since I lack financial resources right now, but oh well, I hope I fulfilled my contribution .
    Was this a Social membership? I am still waiting for mine to arrive, and New Zealand is a lot closer than Amsterdam!!!

Yeah it was!
    Aiming for the title farthest away fan

How many members we got now?

Still no sign of my membership pack...
    Anyone else still waiting?

Quote Originally Posted by Geeman View Post
    It seems to be a shambles again this year. As I got my kids membership a few weeks ago 'n yet mine is a no show still. Not sure why, as I did pay for them well before the cut-off date. Oh well.. see what the New Year brings.

Things like this negatively affect the overall number of members.

Quote Originally Posted by Geeman View Post
    yeah same mate, same as last year, no doubt .....
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by GC_Titans_Fan View Post
    Things like this negatively affect the overall number of members.
    I tend to agree, this is one of the reasons I've been belly-aching about the internal operations of the club for some time. This, as well as a few other departments need to be reviewed thoroughly and give them whatever help that maybe required to have them functioning to an acceptable level.

From my experience with every dealing with the club, there's been a hiccup of some sort (accept for once, when getting free tickets). Whether it be Membership renewal, or trying to place/purchase an order from the Official Merchandise store.

So yeah, honestly. The way the club operates, it does make it a challenge for a punter to achieve things. And unless some dramatic changes are made in 2013. All the polishing David is doing, will do very little for the muck that lies beneath the surface.

Oh well, guess I will just have to be patient then...

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    ****it decided to keep membership and change Jobs LOL
    if i can find something, if not i can see sick days being used on titans home games
    Good on you!