Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ByronTitan View Post
    Family of 4 gold membership...saved a packet. Woot!
    Great to hear the good news. It's pleasing to know that the savings stay in the pockets of Titans supporters and their families.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

so think ive decided to get myself a membership in bay 11.

its a corner bay, but my mate has been there from the start with his family and and 3 ppl arent renewing. it is out of the sun and rain when the weather is extreme. ive sat there tonnes before when ppl havent gone, so time to bite the bullet and make it happen...

bring on 2013

Do we have membership numbers.
    I remember seeing them somewhere but can't figur out where.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Do we have membership numbers.
    I remember seeing them somewhere but can't figur out where.
    Memberships are currently up over 30% on the same time last year. But we really need to get to about 50% growth this year.

If you know anyone who's interested please prod them in our direction...

D

Quote Originally Posted by david may View Post
    Memberships are currently up over 30% on the same time last year. But we really need to get to about 50% growth this year.

If you know anyone who's interested please prod them in our direction...

D
    when you say need do mean vital to surviving? or just need to hit it to keep up with projected marks and goals?

Do we have a running number. Around 4k is it?

On extras , I'm playing in a over 35 masters comp at Runaway Bay in March. 60 teams each with 20+ players in perfect demographic for membership sales, I am surprised there is no Titans Tent planned.
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

SO can we cancel memberships?
    I got platinum, but with the draw and sunday games we get it is not worth it for me, cant make sundays because of work FFS
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    when you say need do mean vital to surviving? or just need to hit it to keep up with projected marks and goals?
    Its more a case of want than need. And certainly not about survival...

My hope this year was in reducing prices for
    Members that we would get to 10,000 members....

Its more a case of want than need. And certainly not about survival...

My hope this year was in reducing prices for
    Members that we would get to 10,000 members....
    Price is only part of it.

you need to make the Titans fashionable again.
    The kids that were targeted 7 years ago, are now old enough to see through the big cartoon mascots and blow up castles. They want substance, and to be part of a modern club.

Also the pathways need to be better defined.

A boy in the group 18, needs to know EXACTLY what he needs to do to make the titans first grade team, and have examples of players he can choose to replicate.

Get local kids playing in the team, and watch your memberships soar.

Need people to look to the future, not the present.
    Broncos and Suns use this method very well imo.

Unfortunately Coaster is right. I'm not sure how to make it all gel, but the club does tend to lack 'substance' to some extent (from a supporters angle).

Even though a lot is already being done on a ground level with coaching clinics and school appearances, etc. There just seems to be something missing..

Anyway, if/when we hit on the winning formula, membership will sell itself and a goal of 10k will be easily be surpassed.

Agree with both of you completely ... much is in the perception that our recruitment policy looks outside the local community first ... we are very much a side manufactured from NSW cast-offs in the eyes of many. This is as much a carry-over from previous Gold Coast franchises as it is an indictment of the present policies.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Effort on the field goes a long way. It's hard to keep turning up when you feel you've put in more effort in going to the game than some of the players have.

People can put up with losing as long as it doesn't feel like the players have given up. I'm not sure if it's been the coaching, the conditioning or the captaincy that has been giving off that impression to me over the last two years but it's been hard to watch.
    It was also hard with the club going through it's financial struggles with no information coming to the fans.

Hopefully with David May being proactive, new conditioning staff, a backs coach and a new captain to replace old man Scott "no heart" Prince we should be able to turn it around, and when we do the crowds will flock back

There's no doubting we have a lot to do.

We do have a decent volume of locals and products of our system in our senior ranks (mead, gordon, srama, ridge, james, o'dwyer, michaels all in the game day squad) and also across all age groups.

That's not to say we cant improve. Like I say there is a lot to do. But we are only 6 years old and these things take time. I watched Kane Elgey train this week and he looks like the real deal to me. But it's a big investment and takes time.

But we are working on it. As I posted elsewhere. I know it's a priority of our supporters and it's a priority of mine.

We do have a decent volume of locals and products of our system in our senior ranks (mead, gordon, srama, ridge, james, o'dwyer, michaels all in the game day squad) and also across all age groups.
    Michaels and O'Dwyer where not groomed here nor would they make any other team's squad while James is nowhere near realising his potential but we all understand those facts.

The major concern is that the careers pathways are unclear and decision-making eclectic to say the least. The crowds want the vibrant team back that started the era. Chancing their hands, tackling with enthusiasm, quick play the balls, confident onfield decision-making and a desperation to defend the line ... losing with effort is heartbreakingly satisfying.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Big job Dave. I do not envy you mate.

But we are all here and passionate, and I'm sure things can only be better for it.