Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Disappointed the club membership has been dumped - I really liked it this year. Living a 4+ hr round trip from the stadium makes me picky on what games I can attend - Friday and Mondays nights are out of the question. Hoping a 4 game flexi option will suit me. I have managed to get to 4 games at Robina this year (Raiders, Roosters, Warriors, Eels) and our game at the double header in Brisbane.

Thanks for the info Diehard, I will probably go with a Legion membership then.

Free Titans memberships for school kids

THE Gold Coast Titans are offering free memberships to school children for the 2013 season.

Titans CEO David May today announced a revamped membership structure for next season, which is designed to make Titans matches more affordable for Gold Coast families.

Prices have been reduced across all membership levels while junior members will be free when combined with a paying adult.

Juniors used to be classed as children up to 12 years of age but that has been changed to include any child that is still in high school.

A family of four can now become members for as little as $398 for the entire season.

''One of the main messages we have received in speaking with Titans fans in the last few weeks is that families are doing it tougher than anyone else, so we felt it was time to make some changes to our pricing structure,'' May said.

''By making kids' memberships free, it's our way of helping to ease the pressure on families that love their rugby league but have been restricted by economic factors in the past.''

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titans fans to save big on memberships

THE Titans will risk a dramatic fall in revenue in a bid to help boost crowd numbers after yesterday announcing drastic changes to membership packages for 2013.

Children still in school (primary and high) will be allowed to become members for free when joined by a paying adult.

The new packages start from as little as $398 for a family of four (two adults and two children) and include reserved seating to all 12 Skilled Park home games next year.

The restructure of the membership packages means Titans fans can save in excess of $500 compared to this year's deals.

The strategy has been implemented by new CEO David May, who said it was designed to help struggling families and increase the Titans' membership base which currently sits at 6,424.

"They (supporters) wanted lower membership prices, (financial) help for families, wanted us to look at the age limitations around children and a fixed schedule," he said.

"Families here on the Gold Coast are doing it hard. They want to come but the economic constraints are proving difficult for them.

"We're hoping we'll just increase numbers and revenue won't be affected.

"We've done our numbers very well. We've done a lot of research and we're hoping we balance out the cuts that we're making in revenue will be balanced out by the increased numbers."

The membership categories will be reduced from five to four next year with prices cut across all divisions.

Titans crowds have dropped dramatically since 2008 when Skilled Park opened. The club boasted an average of 21,618 fans for each match that year but that has dropped to just 14,358 this year.

The Titans won just three matches at home last year and have won only four from 11 this year.

May said on-field form affected crowd numbers but he believed Titans fans would support the club regardless.

"Everyone tells me winning on the field impacts on the number of people in the stadium," he said.

"But I think our supporters are pretty true and passionate about their club. I don't think it will take much to sell it to them.

"When a team's doing well, generally the crowd will be doing well."

The new $1.025billion broadcast rights deal for the NRL will see the first 20 rounds of the draw fixed prior to the start of the season.

May said he hoped this would limit clashes between the Titans and AFL's Suns.

"I'd like to see both clubs working together," he said.

"It's not a secret that if we're both playing at the same time, we're not going to get the crowds we want.

"Everybody's here for the long term I hope."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

http://www.titans.com.au/news-displa...-in-2013/62253

Can't keep your head off the TV can you Pete?

...and tell that young bloke (Happy Birthday to the big D) to get a haircut!

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    http://www.titans.com.au/news-displa...-in-2013/62253

Can't keep your head off the TV can you Pete?

...and tell that young bloke (Happy Birthday to the big D) to get a haircut!
    Mate they said they needed kids, no one said there couldn't be Big Kids

The boy won't cut his hair at the moment because he is playing Finals Footy & doesn't want to change anything & the fact that most people call him Hindy
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    he is playing Finals Footy & doesn't want to change anything & the fact that most people call him Hindy
    Good luck to him ... I hope he has a good crack at that.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Cheers mate
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Cheers mate
    I got it!

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    I got it!
    U do know him quite well mate
    #itaintweaktospeak

Now that they have "upgraded" Sand memberships to steel, does anyone have a new seating map that shows how the new seating areas will work? Do all the corners now just become steel?

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Now that they have "upgraded" Sand memberships to steel, does anyone have a new seating map that shows how the new seating areas will work? Do all the corners now just become steel?
    The old Sand is now just part of Steel. Pretty simple really.

Anyway, just renewed my old Sand memberships, but staying up in the NE corner under the scoreboard.
    Who else will be up there next year?

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    The old Sand is now just part of Steel. Pretty simple really.

Anyway, just renewed my old Sand memberships, but staying up in the NE corner under the scoreboard.
    Who else will be up there next year?
    It's a nice area up there. If I wasn't Legion, I'd be up there most likely.

Wow, this makes membershIp a real option for me for the first time ever. Now to start working the old ball and chain and see where it gets me!

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Junior

Family of 4 gold membership...saved a packet. Woot!