Default Rugby: Connolly named coach

Quote Originally Posted by FOXSPORTS.COM.AU
    Connolly named coach
    February 2, 2006

JOHN Connolly has been appointed Australia head coach to lead the Wallabies through to the 2007 Rugby World Cup in France, the Australian Rugby Union announced today.

Connolly would lead a "new, streamlined" coaching staff, which has yet to be named, the union said.. Connolly, 54, coached Queensland from 1989-2000 before guiding leading European clubs Stade Francais, Swansea and, most recently, Bath.

He replaces Eddie Jones, who was sacked in December year after the disastrous 2005 season in which the Wallabies lost eight of their final Tests.

More to come

AAP
    Finally, closure from the ARU.

This has been a long time coming for Connolly - he just stepped in to a coaching hot pot. Good luck

DeeGan

QLD for Wooden spoon - though it doesnt give me as much joy as it isnt a SOO team. Still love QLD last though

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink
    QLD for Wooden spoon - though it doesnt give me as much joy as it isnt a SOO team. Still love QLD last though
    We'll see though either way we (QLD) we have freaking numbers on our back

Titan Club Captain

a new coach still wont help you win the rwc

just cos tana isnt the captain no more doesnt mean hes gone alltogether...rumor is....hes gunna be helping off the field during the rwc :happy:

personally imo eddie shouldnt have been sacked....every coach has their bad times...it wasnt just him....it was the whole team that didnt preform

Quote Originally Posted by Go_The_Doggies
    a new coach still wont help you win the rwc

just cos tana isnt the captain no more doesnt mean hes gone alltogether...rumor is....hes gunna be helping off the field during the rwc :happy:

personally imo eddie shouldnt have been sacked....every coach has their bad times...it wasnt just him....it was the whole team that didnt preform
    The last time we won was in 1999 - when did NZ last take the prize? Hmm

WORLD CUP WINNERS SINCE 1991

91 - Australia

95 - South Africa

99 - Australia

03 - England
    I will take Australia to do better than NZ when the pressure is on thankyou very much.

DeeGan

Congrats to Connelly on the coaching job... I AM FROM NSW AND MIGHTY PROUD OF IT.. but I do agree that Queensland's best era was when Connelly was coaching and Ben Tune was at his peak..

Lets hope that he can do the same for the Wallabies and we can return to the winner circle. I wish him all the best of luck and hope that the ARU gives him the support he needs and deserves..

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    We'll see though either way we (QLD) we have freaking numbers on our back

Mind you it's Union so meh, I aint fussed either way - I dont really like Union.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....