Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    The commentators will never say "the combination between the centres and wings was impressive" about our team. I hate saying the same thing over and over but this is our major weakness.
    True that.

One day i will post exactly what master coach instructs during training and on game day
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Fellas this was all part of our master plan to stick the Eels with the Spoon.

It worked
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post

Jennings on Prince turned that game very quickly quickly in the 2nd half.
    I know you mean the Jennings on prince match up, but the Jennings on prince 'accidental' high shot was also when things went sour for us.

If that's all it takes to put us completely off our game, that is very sad.

Fellas this was all part of our master plan to stick the Eels with the Spoon.

It worked

Revenge is bitter sweet..

No Titans now so I now hope to wear my Manly jersey once again to the GF..

We were off before that.
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

Seems the Lads were planning on using an attacking game plan today 'n left our defensive game at home. That with a compilation of great off loads by the Panthers made them the worthy Victor's today..

Bring on 2013.. that is all.

True that.

One day i will post exactly what master coach instructs during training and on game day
    just tell us now,can't feel any worse.

Might even give us a laugh if it's bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal's Hamstring View Post
    Can someone please tell me what will prevent these performances in 2013 because I have no idea.
    +1.
    We were asking the same question at the end of 2011, and nothing has really changed, except we have less excuses this season.

We are sh1t. We are no better than last year, we have just managed to win a few more games.

Like I've said before, avoiding the spoon this season was always going to be an improvement, but we are still firmly a team that deserves to be in the bottom 3 or 4 teams in the competition based on performances like todays when we had EVERY FRIGGIN REASON TO GO OUT AND PLAY LIKE A TEAM THAT WANTED TO WIN A GAME OF RUGBY LEAGUE WITH A CHANCE OF MAKING THE FINALS.....

All this result proves is how hopelessly lost we are in some fantasy idea that being a mathematical probability for making the 8 is a good result, or that we have improved from last years spoon performance. As a ladder result, yes, as a team that is building into something special, no.

As fans, we are part of the problem. We buy into this BS idea that if we play a good game we are a good team, but if we play a bad game we are just having a bad game. We are a team with no idea of what we are trying to achieve out in the middle. Sometimes we get lucky, more often than not we get beaten by a better team. Even ordinary teams like the Panthers show us what an average team can do when they play with some structure and intent, but I can't remember the last time we played like the Panthers did today. We were lucky to limp home against the Eels last week.

We should be a top 4 team. We have the players. We just have no idea how to play football as a team.

And like others have said, apart from Taylor next year, what else is going to change? What changed from 2011?

End of rant, end of season. At least I went out angry.

How about today?

And you wonder why I am so negative ... we are a poor excuse for an NRL team, we have some players but that's all we have and the sooner everybody bands together and puts some pressure on these blokes to play as a team then we are all culpable.

As I type Will Matthews scores. We could have kept him for a song.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    How about today?
    I think it's more a matter of defending his source. Fair enough too.

If I were running this rockshow my mate Jamal would be getting some strict instructions of how to conduct himself over the summer and how to play next year. Another year like this one and I'd drop him from the side. I don't care if he's the highest paid QLD cup player. If you aren't performing, if you are lazy, you are not in my first grade team, sport.

I'd also knock this **** off with playing players hurt. If the injury is sufficient enough to harp on about.every.damn.chance you get, it's sufficient enough to take a week off, get right and then come back firing later. We pay depth players for exactly those times when the leaders are hurt- lets actually use them.

And speaking of depth, lets look at spending some big dollars on getting in some decent development coaches for the twenties. Lets spend some dollars on a strength coach and a coaching staff that will tie in with the league team and create players to come up through the ranks.

And I'd be seriously look at asking Bailey to move aside at the end of next year if not before. But I'd offer him a juicy role on the U/20 coaching staff because if you could get half of that blokes endevour into a youngster you are going to create a player who actually wants to do well for the good of the club- not to score a big dollar contract elsewhere.

The world according to JH.

Oh- and I would document my five year plan. I'd send a copy to every member. I would let them know we are not going to win the comp next year but you will see improvement. Every year, you will see improvement. And when that fifth year rolls around the premiership winning team will have at least a couple of lads who- shock horror- came from our Luke Bailey clone factory Under 20s.

True story.
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Revenge is bitter sweet..

No Titans now so I now hope to wear my Manly jersey once again to the GF..

Manly all Day !!!

Titans will have their day in the sun, I just hope its before a Cronulla premiership.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    just tell us now,can't feel any worse.

Might even give us a laugh if it's bad enough.
    I have heard one talk and it was enough for me. I wont ever repeat on here
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

SO is the replay worth watching?
    i went to watch Tugun v Yalamba game , which was pretty good
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

I was very disappointed and surprised with the result.

I havent seen the game unfortunately but Im not encouraged by any of the resports.

That is our season and if we couldnt muscle up in this game and be hungry for it, we didnt belong in the Finals. I don't see 2012 as a write off though, we showed some good footy and we went a long way to rebuilding pur reputation in the most trying of circumstances.

Looks like we saved one of our worst performances of the season until the end. And Manly look bloody threatening, they are surging to something amazing. Maybe the first ever NRL back to back title.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER