Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Two hookers is just sucking up an interchange and as I gaze into my crystal ball I see Taylor in for Falloon, Bailey for O'Dwyer and Champion for Michaels and that's our 2013 team.

1. Zillman
    2. Gordon
    3. Idris
    4. Champion
    5. Mead
    6. Sezer
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Srama
    10. Douglas
    11. Bird
    12. Myles
    13. Harrison

14. White
    15. Minichiello
    16. Ridge
    17. Taylor

or some other combination of these players. The questions are: will it win a premiership? Will it make the eight? My slant: no and yes ... so let's just fast forward to 2014
    Taylor off the bench!? Give him Champion's spot for the lulz.
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Throw James in there, and introduce a year long bonus system for all the boys: $2000 match bonus for any player who takes out an opposition HB\FB\FE\HK in the first half (without getting sent off in the process).
    I like it
    #itaintweaktospeak

1. Zillman
    2. Gordon
    3. Idris
    4. Champion
    5. Mead
    6. Sezer
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Srama
    10. Douglas
    11. Bird
    12. Myles
    13. Harrison

14. White
    15. Minichiello
    16. Ridge
    17. Taylor

on paper i believe it is the best team in the comp by far

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

I think that our forwards are too similar. They are all great individual players but play without any real support ethic.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Taylor's gotta come into starting side. Harrison has been underwhelming most of the season and I think bird could wear 13, Taylor 11.

And while I can't defend champions glass man like tendencies, I think when he was on the park mid season, he was looking sharp and finished some good tries with either a dummy, or feeding mead. I liked him there and think he can be good for us next year. If we keep idris on the right, move champion to the left, Gordon might actually see some ball.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing Idriss & Taylor wearing the 3 & 4 for a match or 2
    Yep, this sounds about right. Taylor can take up all the slack that Idris leaves behind. A work horse and a show pony.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Yep, this sounds about right. Taylor can take up all the slack that Idris leaves behind. A work horse and a show pony.
    Can u imagine the shock for the staff @ Sheraton Mirage when these 2 walk in for the All u Can Eat Seafood Buffet
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Throw James in there, and introduce a year long bonus system for all the boys: $2000 match bonus for any player who takes out an opposition HB\FB\FE\HK in the first half (without getting sent off in the process).
    And call ourselves the New Orleans Saints??

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    +1.
    We were asking the same question at the end of 2011, and nothing has really changed, except we have less excuses this season.

We are sh1t. We are no better than last year, we have just managed to win a few more games.

Like I've said before, avoiding the spoon this season was always going to be an improvement, but we are still firmly a team that deserves to be in the bottom 3 or 4 teams in the competition based on performances like todays when we had EVERY FRIGGIN REASON TO GO OUT AND PLAY LIKE A TEAM THAT WANTED TO WIN A GAME OF RUGBY LEAGUE WITH A CHANCE OF MAKING THE FINALS.....

All this result proves is how hopelessly lost we are in some fantasy idea that being a mathematical probability for making the 8 is a good result, or that we have improved from last years spoon performance. As a ladder result, yes, as a team that is building into something special, no.

As fans, we are part of the problem. We buy into this BS idea that if we play a good game we are a good team, but if we play a bad game we are just having a bad game. We are a team with no idea of what we are trying to achieve out in the middle. Sometimes we get lucky, more often than not we get beaten by a better team. Even ordinary teams like the Panthers show us what an average team can do when they play with some structure and intent, but I can't remember the last time we played like the Panthers did today. We were lucky to limp home against the Eels last week.

We should be a top 4 team. We have the players. We just have no idea how to play football as a team.

And like others have said, apart from Taylor next year, what else is going to change? What changed from 2011?

End of rant, end of season. At least I went out angry.
    THAT IS A FANTASTIC POST!!

There are so many things wrong with our footy team and they all stem from the head coach. This end of season 'rally' that we all enjoyed really could be harmful to the long term success to the club because it glosses over how incompetent John Cartwright is. He fails to instil any attacking structures into our game, he is content to continue selecting players who make the same mistakes week in and week out and is questionable whether or not he has the full support of the playing group.

We will never be an entertaining or exciting side while Carty is in charge, and we will definitely never be a championship side.

GIVE HIM THE FLICK AND LET HIM TAKE THE FAT FOOL IDRIS WITH HIM!!!

I forgot the time period but it was in the 2nd half and all we had to do was spread it to the right and we scored, 3 under plays from the dummy half later we spread it to the right only for it to be snatched up by Odwyer who got shut down easy - this set represented the last 2 seasons by the Titans
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

its amazing...Greg Bird( who was needled up before the game) and Nate myles were both playing injured...Aiden sezer walked out the dressing sheds with a knee brace on...matt srama walked out with his arm in a sling...It just appears our whole team is out of fuel...

I thought they would have all walked out with their ****s in a sling.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

wouldnt mind seeing zillman at centre, n mead given a go at the back. maybe even move gordon in one and put idris in the forwards :/

Quote Originally Posted by thelwall View Post
    1. Zillman
    2. Gordon
    3. Idris
    4. Champion
    5. Mead
    6. Sezer
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Srama
    10. Douglas
    11. Bird
    12. Myles
    13. Harrison

14. White
    15. Minichiello
    16. Ridge
    17. Taylor

on paper i believe it is the best team in the comp by far
    Are you serious!? It's a cut and paste with the only change being Taylor in the 17... You really think that starting 13- the same starting 13 from this year- is the best team in the comp by far?! How the hell do you explain this season?

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    THAT IS A FANTASTIC POST!!

There are so many things wrong with our footy team and they all stem from the head coach. This end of season 'rally' that we all enjoyed really could be harmful to the long term success to the club because it glosses over how incompetent John Cartwright is. He fails to instil any attacking structures into our game, he is content to continue selecting players who make the same mistakes week in and week out and is questionable whether or not he has the full support of the playing group.

We will never be an entertaining or exciting side while Carty is in charge, and we will definitely never be a championship side.

GIVE HIM THE FLICK AND LET HIM TAKE THE FAT FOOL IDRIS WITH HIM!!!
    This is a foregone conclusion for mine. We already believe it with a round of football left.