Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default 2013: Anzac Test - AUSTRALIA vs NEW ZEALAND in Canberra

Canberra to host rugby league Test between Australia and New Zealand

AUSTRALIA will play a rugby league international in Canberra for the first time next April, it has been announced.

The Kangaroos will meet New Zealand in the early season Test to celebrate 100 years of Canberra as Australia's capital.

Four Nations champions Australia will meet the world champion Kiwis in the opening Test of the season, which will conclude with the 2013 World Cup to be held in the United Kingdom, Ireland and France.

Kangaroos coach Tim Sheens said the Canberra Stadium Test would form an important part of his preparation for the end of year showpiece.

"Every Test is special and we will be doing everything we can to make sure we win this clash, but with 2013 being a World Cup year it certainly adds to the importance of this match,'' Sheens said.

The Test will be played on a stand-alone representative weekend on a date yet to be confirmed.

Canberra has previously hosted a match during the 2008 rugby league World Cup in which France defeated Scotland 36-18.

http://www.news.com.au
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 11-12-12 at 04:07 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I always wanted to attend a Rugby League Test in Canberra.

I mean it is our nation's capital for crying out loud! Long over due!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I always wanted to attend a Rugby League Test in Canberra.

I mean it is our nation's capital for crying out loud! Long over due!
    ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would love to see as many Titans fans at the Anzac Test in Canberra!

Target for the Roo Crew in Canberra for the Anzac Test is 3,600+ Kangaroos supporters! Love to have you on board, it's the supporter group of the game. If you love Rugby League and/or international rugby league, this is where you can make a difference.

Canberra Test goes on sale to members tomorrow

Canberra Raiders Ticketed Members will tomorrow have the first chance to purchase tickets to the first ever Rugby League Test featuring Australia and New Zealand in Canberra, ahead of their sale to the general public on December 19.

Tickets for the historic match at Canberra Stadium on April 19 during Canberra?s Centenary celebrations as the nation?s capital, will go on sale to Raiders Ticketed Members from 10am tomorrow (Tuesday, November 20).

Tickets will be available to all Ticketed NRL Club Members from 10am Tuesday, December 11, to 9pm on Wednesday, December 12; and to NRL.com Members and Non-Ticketed NRL Club Members from 10am Thursday, December 13, to 9pm Tuesday, December 18.

Importantly, all fans have the opportunity to buy tickets for the Test during this priority period, simply by registering for free as an NRL.com member.

Tickets will go on sale to the general public from 10am on Wednesday, December 19.

The Test kicks off at 7.45pm on Friday, April 19 2013, with tickets available through Ticketek on 132 849, at Ticketek outlets or at www.ticketek.com.au

General Public Ticket Prices**

Category Adult Junior* Family*
    Category 1 $80.00 $65.00 $245.00
    Category 2 $60.00 $50.00 $180.00
    Category 3 $40.00 $35.00 $120.00
    Roo Crew#
    $50.00 $45.00 $150.00
    ** Ticketed Club Members receive discount on general public ticket prices
    * Junior (4-15yrs); Family (2 adults+2 juniors)
    # Roo Crew ticket is inclusive of t-shirt and flag

EXCLUSIVE PURCHASE PERIODS
    Raiders Ticketed Club Members:
    10am Tuesday, November 20 to 9pm Wednesday, December 12. Members will not be able to purchase their ?regular season? seats but can purchase up to 10 tickets per transaction (password required).

NRL Ticketed Club Members:
    10am Tuesday, December 11 to 9pm Wednesday, December 12.

Inside Pass Subscribers/Non-Ticketed NRL Club Members:
    10am Thursday, December 13 to 9pm Tuesday, December 18.

General Public:
    10am Wednesday, December 19.

http://www.nrl.com/canberra-test-goe...9/default.aspx

Please if you are going, consider sitting in the Roo Crew! There is an awesome Roo Crew shirt and flag in it for you!

2013 NRL Club Ticketed Members will today have the chance to purchase tickets at a discounted price for the first ever Rugby League Test featuring Australia and New Zealand in Canberra, ahead of their sale to the general public on December 19.

If you are an NRL Club Member please check your email and join us in the Roo Crew in Canberra!

You will receive one of our famous Roo Crew shirts and flags!

Roo Crew tickets
    Adult $50.00
    Junior $45.00
    Family
    $150.00

(Inclusive of t-shirt and flag)

*Junior (4-15yrs), Family (2 Adult and 2 Juniors)

Anyone wanna join me in Canberra with the Roo Crew?

Gonna smash the Kiwis on Friday night and party over the weekend!

Look at that MASSIVE Roo Crew allocation! It's gonna look amazing on TV!

For a second there I thought the gold part would be the roo crew section? I joke I joke.

Quote Originally Posted by GC_Titans_Fan View Post
    For a second there I thought the gold part would be the roo crew section? I joke I joke.
    Nah we are pretty in PINK!

Gold would have made alot of sense ey! Oh well, next time! Luckily everything else is going well. Not always the case.

Not long now. Im going to try and not stress and enjoy the entire experience.

Default Dodgy tackle could cost Inu Kiwis selectio

Canterbury centre Krisnan Inu is facing at least five weeks on the sidelines, after being charged by the NRL match review committee over his ugly spear tackle on Greg Inglis.

Inu looks set to pay a heavy price for his moment of madness, when he grabbed the South Sydney superstar between the legs and tipped him on his head during the Bulldogs' Good Friday loss to the Rabbitohs.

He was slapped with a grade-four dangerous throw charge, which carries a five-week suspension with the early guilty plea.

Should the Kiwi international challenge the charge and fail, he would be risking a seven-week ban.

Any suspension of three weeks or more would rub Inu out of contention for the Kiwis side to face Australia in the April 19 Test at Canberra.

Inu was one of four players charged by the NRL match review committee, with Brisbane skipper Sam Thaiday facing one week on the sidelines for grabbing the shirt of referee Adam Devcich.

Thaiday tugged at Devcich's shirt to simulate what Melbourne prop Bryan Norrie had done to him in a scrum, which prevented Thaiday from tackling Billy Slater as he raced away to score.

Thaiday will miss a week, whether he takes the early guilty plea or fails in his bid to fight the contrary conduct charge.

Gold Coast prop Luke Bailey was also charged for handling a referee, but like Manly prop Brenton Lawrence (dangerous throw), can avoid suspension with an early guilty plea.
    http://tvnz.co.nz/rugby-league-news/...ction-5392009?

Default Matai to miss Test after pledging allegiance to Samoa

Kiwi centre Steve Matai has ruled himself out of this month's Test match against Australia to play for the Steve Price-coached Samoa in the World Cup later this year.
    Matai informed Kiwi officials last Wednesday of his decision to make himself ineligible for New Zealand and, barring injury, will line up for Samoa against Tonga at Centrebet Stadium on April 20.
    ''I spoke to the Kiwis on Wednesday and said I was going to make myself available for the Samoan side,'' Matai said.
    ''I want to play for them at the end of the year. It might be my last World Cup, so I want to represent my parents. My parents were born in Samoa.
    Advertisement
    ''I rang Tony Iro and spoke to him. He said everything is fine and he is happy for me to do that. I just thought it was a courtesy thing to do. He was happy and very grateful I made the call.
    ''The last World Cup I played for the Kiwis, but two years ago I said to Nigel Vagana, who is running it all, 'I want to play the World Cup for Samoa'. He said, 'Wait to see how you feel'. At the start of the year I made the decision I wanted to play for Samoa.''
    Dragons coach Price was confirmed on Monday as coach of the Samoan team, while Jeff Lima, Roy Asotasi, Junior Sa'u and David Fa'alogo have all also confirmed their allegiance.
    Matai's withdrawal from the Kiwi side and Krisnan Inu's pending suspension have left coach Stephen Kearney with a selection quandary in the centres for the Test in Canberra on April 19.
    Shaun Kenny-Dowall is guaranteed to be one centre, but Gerard Beale, Dean Whare, Jerome Ropati and Konrad Hurrell are all fighting it out for the one position.
    With Sonny Bill Williams returning to the Kiwi side, Kearney could be tempted to shift skipper Simon Mannering to the centres, given he still has Adam Blair, Frank Pritchard and Jeremy Smith in the second-row.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...#ixzz2PEEnU4Xg

Test Match is my next stop. Bags packed, ready to represent.