Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Titans 2013

Who would you want in the Titans playing XVII for 2013? With the inclusion of Dave Taylor to our squad we have bolstered up the forward pack. Do you want youngsters such as Luke Page to be given a go for next year? Or would you want to stick with players such as Matt White?

Also who do you think will leave the Titans next year? Is Mini going to move on with the club? Or is there a possibility of Bird going to the Knights? Will Sezer, Rankin and P. Graham renew their contract?

This would be my team for Titans in 2013 so far
    1. Phil Graham/Sean Loxley
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. William Zillman
    4. Jamal Idris
    5. David Mead
    6. Aidan Sezer
    7. Scott Prince
    8. Luke Douglas
    9. Matt Srama
    10. Luke Bailey
    11. Nate Myles
    12. Greg Bird
    13. Ashley Harrison

14. Brenton Lawrence
    15. Ryan James
    16. Dave Taylor
    17. Beau Falloon/Ben Ridge

I am predicting that Minichiello will leave the club. There is also a possiblity of Page leaving the club.

Discuss the team you would want for next year and also which players you think will leave the club. You can also talk about who you think the Titans next purchase is for next year.
    Last edited by Princey's Titanz; 24-05-12 at 10:16 PM.
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.

Here's mine -

1. Loxley
    2. Mead
    3. Zillman/Champion
    4. Idris
    5. Gordon
    6. Sezer
    7. Prince
    8. Douglas
    9. Srama
    10. Myles
    11. Bird
    12. Taylor
    13. Harrison

14. Bailey
    15. James
    16. Lawrence
    17. Page/Falloon/Rankin/Ridge

I put Bailey to the bench to get Taylor into the starting side, but if he continues his form, shift him back to starting prop, and shift whoever where ever.

I see you left out James. Couldn't fit him in or forgot about him?

I wouldn't mind seeing us make a play for Omar Slaimankhel, Warriors under 20s fullback. Talented player stuck behind Locke and Fisiiahi.

Forgot about Ryan James. My mistake. Omar Slamainkhel is a talented player. We should definitely go after him. He is unlucky to be stuck behind Locke and Fisiiahi. If we bought him then he has a good shot at playing fullback for us. I would also have wanted Dane Gagai but it seems like the Titans arent interested in him.

Michael Parker Walshe is another player that will most likely join the Titans. He might be the back up player for Prince. Im feel sorry for Rankin. Seems like he is going to be in the side at all.
    Last edited by Princey's Titanz; 24-05-12 at 10:17 PM.
    Prince and Sezer in the halves.

Next year is a long way away. There could be another 1 or 2 people that the Titans sign for next year. I hope one of them is Omar Slamainkhel. For next year Zillman can be tossed up between left centre and fullback. Sean Loxley is another good prospect. I think we should put someone young at fullback so that our young spine can develop into something threatening for the future.

The people most likely to leave is Minichiello. I like Mini but i think if he leaves it will be better due to the salary cap and letting the young blokes have a go e.g. Luke Page. Hopefully Greg Bird stays with us.

I honestly think on paper we have an outstanding team. This is a team that people such as Phil Gould, Stephen Kearney dream about. We have an Origin backrow. We have the fastest backline in the comp. And we have the razzle dazzle of Prince/Sezer. It seems like Carty doesnt know how to coach. Cant develop players and seems to be losing his head in terms of team selection.

Our team looks great for next year but the coach needs to change. Look what Dessie has done to the Bulldogs. Bulldogs dont have a star studded team but with the thinking of Dessie behind their back they have transformed as a team. If Bulldogs can do it then so can we. We are a much capable team then them and we should be able to get a decent coach that knows footy to teach us how to play footy.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Btw alot of Titans players are off contract this year: Steve Michaels, Luke O Dwyer, Javarn White, Aidan Sezer, Michael Parker Walshe (uncontracted with the Titans), Jordan Rankin, Kayne Lawton, Dominique Peyroux, Michael Henderson, Matt White, Luke Page, Brenton Lawrence, Mark Minichiello, Joe Vickery, Cody Nelson and Jamie Dowling.

Thats a fair amount of people. If we get rid off Minichiello, Steve Michaels, Michael Henderson and Joe Vickery that would be about $250-$300k free in the salary cap. That would be a good amount to invest in some youngsters such as Omar Slamainkhel.

I have a feeling that Kayne Lawton will leave the club. Rankin might consider after being dropped and picked and dropped and picked again.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

I can't imagine Vickery would have been on a lot. And remember that letting four players from the top 25 need to replaced by 4 players at a minimum of 50-60k or whatever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Sezer View Post
    Thats a fair amount of people. If we get rid off Minichiello, Steve Michaels, Michael Henderson and Joe Vickery that would be about $250-$300k free in the salary cap.
    Oh boy arn't you way off the mark.

If we got rid of all them players a realistic figure that the Titans would free up would be around the $600K mark, no joke.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I will wait to see if we have the "Titans" before i say anything for next year.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Re sign in bold IMO-

Steve Michaels, Luke O Dwyer, Javarn White, Aidan Sezer, Michael Parker Walshe (uncontracted with the Titans), Jordan Rankin, Kayne Lawton, Dominique Peyroux, Michael Henderson, Matt White, Luke Page, Brenton Lawrence, Mark Minichiello, Joe Vickery, Cody Nelson and Jamie Dowling.

All the rest I am happy if they move on.
    My side for nexy year would be-

1 D.Mead/ W.Zillman
    2 K.Gordon
    3 W.Zillman/ D.Mead
    4 J.Idris
    5 ###### BUY or 20's Player
    6 A.Sezer
    7 S.Prince
    8 L.Bailey
    9 M.Srama
    10 L.Douglas
    11 N.Myles
    12 G.Bird
    13 A.Harrison

14 B.Falloon
    15 R.James
    16 D.Taylor
    17 ###### BUY or 20's Player

i think its way too early to be doing this but i guess it cant hurt

do we all remember how good our forum selected team was and how long it took Carty to select it.

1.Zillman
    2.Gordon
    3.Idris
    4.Champion
    5.Mead
    6.Sezer
    7.Prince
    8.Bailey
    9.Srama
    10.Myles
    11.Bird
    12.Taylor
    13.Harrison

14.Douglas
    15.James
    16.BJ Lawrence / mini if hes still with us
    17.Falloon

my backline is unchanged for now from this year pending any more signings. if we hold the ball and sezer and prince can get the ball out, i think our backs can get it done as long as gordon and idris get fit. its a big if.

The Zillman contract basically says that he will be in the team somewhere for a long time to come so prospects like Loxley will more than likely move on.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    do we all remember how good our forum selected team was and how long it took Carty to select it.
    This ... selection by Forum, a truly narcissistic collective.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

This is what is wrong with our team.

There is no way in the world that we should be even thinking about 2013 with this much of 2012 still to go. Last year all we talked about was 2012, it's like deja vu all over again.

Until we get closure on the whole administrative mess this is a complete waste of time and energy. The front office and coaching staff is in much greater need of an overhaul than the playing ranks.

Don't look forward to next year, get angry about this year!!

I still think we have alot to show for 2012 and i think players fell like that aswell , they are relatively new team playing together and we have showed glimpses. so forget about 2013 for now wait till round 22 or so.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Depending on the Origin period we might even stumble into the eight...