Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

We take the win but so little desperation ... that poor tackle attempt from Zillman.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

A win is a win but..........
    2 weeks till we meet Manly, if we play like that against them they will put 100 on us.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Disappointed with that win. We have to be better than that if we're to make the 8.

Timing was way off in this game.

Im content to get the 2 pts. Mathematical myth to make the finals but I will enjoy the last few games
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    that poor tackle attempt from Zillman.
    Which one? There were two vital tackles that Zillman missed that I noticed. Also, I'm pretty well over seeing him running outta steam after a 50 metre sprint, If a supposive Fullback can't go the full length of the paddock. Well, your strugglin' to make a Fullbacks A-hole (imo). Tear up his contract, along with Carty's 'n get the Titans back on track..

I usually avoid tearing strips off players, but enough is enough for me. Time for a decent Fullback like someone mentioned earlier this week.
    Last edited by Toads; 19-08-12 at 04:15 PM.

Great to see Bird show he's on the way back ,thought Harro was easily man of the match but great games from Michaels, Ridge,Myles & Idris , average match from Mead & Zillman in the 2nd half.

Will take the win any day

Did anyone notice Hindmarsh spewing his guts up on the field before kick off for 2 or 3 minutes
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Great to see Bird show he's on the way back ,thought Harro was easily man of the match but great games from Michaels, Ridge,Myles & Idris , average match from Mead & Zillman in the 2nd half.

Will take the win any day

Did anyone notice Hindmarsh spewing his guts up on the field before kick off for 2 or 3 minutes
    Med was crook as today, he played with chest infection and a couple others are starting to feel it aswell.

Bird still trying to milk a penalty every tackle
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

fui fui got hammered soooo many times

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?

Today sums up this team for me.
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

I'm pretty stoked tbh.
    To be 2 games away from end of the season, and still be in the hunt for finals is fantastic.

Our attack is rubbish, but our defence is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    I'm pretty stoked tbh.
    To be 2 games away from end of the season, and still be in the hunt for finals is fantastic.

Defence is super.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

No one has mentioned Mini. I thought he had a ripper!

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    I'm pretty stoked tbh.

I agree mate, Im stocked to be this far in a season many wrote off after several weeks. We can still make it into the Finals, jsut need the Raiders and Wests Tigers to be hammered. Of course the key game is our match against Manly who will be gearing up to defend their Premiership. There will be a big crowd on hand for that.

Especially if Finals positions are still in play goind into Round 26.

I take great great pride in our quality of defence. Hopefully we perform well in the last two rounds, and if we fall short, I still think we will be well placed to build for 2013, on and off the field.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

i agree with last few posts, it is great to be in contention after our poor start.

but its frustrating to know that despite the start, if we could have closed out a couple of games this year, wed be entrenched in the top 6 or so.

either way, Manly at home will be a good test with alot on the line, and should make for a great atmosphere and crowd.

just got to take care of a pesky penrith first, but as most would agree, if we cant beat them, whats the point of making the 8 anyways....

Myles boosts Titans to 24-16 win over Eels

Gold Coast coach John Cartwright described his side's 24-16 must-win victory over Parramatta at Skilled Park on Sunday as a "wake-up call" as the Titans walk a tightrope towards the NRL finals.

The Titans have moved within striking distance of the top eight but still need to win matches against Penrith and Manly to have any hope of making the top eight.

The home side led 12-0 after 34 minutes and although they did enough in the second half to get the vital two points, it was hardly the performance of a premiership contender.

Missing inspirational prop Luke Bailey, who suffered a season-ending achilles injury in the loss to Melbourne last week, the Titans notched only their fourth home win this season in front of 14,159 fans to move to 24 points on the ladder - two behind eighth-placed Wests Tigers.

Without looking for excuses, Cartwright said the Titans were "lethargic" after putting so much energy into their back-to-back losses to top-four sides South Sydney and the Storm.

"I was a bit disappointed at times but in hindsight it was a dangerous game and we got a victory. We win our next two games and we'll be there (in the finals)," Cartwright said.

"Hopefully that was a bit of a wake-up call for us. You can't be flat, it doesn't matter who you play at the moment, especially us.

"After the first third of the competition, I think we were favourites for the wooden spoon so if we can somehow land ourselves in the eight, it'll be just reward for the players' efforts."

The Titans must have been in a slumber after the halftime break as they ran onto the field with only 12 men before Ashley Harrison belatedly joined the action.

Gold Coast skipper Scott Prince joked at the post-match press conference that the Queensland Origin back-rower must have been busy on the toilet as the kick-off was delayed slightly.

Parramatta's scheming halfback Chris Sandow was put on report for a high shot on fullback Will Zillman, who scored the opening try, and 11 minutes later he gathered a Fuifui Moimoi off-load and ran 50m to cross under the black dot.

Trailing 14-10, the Eels had a sniff of victory but tries to Steve Michaels (59m), despite the hint of an obstruction in the lead-up, and Kevin Gordon (64m), who brilliantly snatched a Prince bomb, took them one step closer to the dreaded wooden spoon held by the Titans.

Both Cartwright and star forward Greg Bird conceded the Titans would have to lift against Penrith at Centrebet Stadium on Saturday night to keep their finals aspirations alive.

"I think mentally we were a little bit down, Cartwright said.

"The way the game was officiated, it didn't allow for an open brand of footy. It was a pretty dour game."

Bird added: "If we want to be competing with the big sides, we have to be consolidating leads like that (12-0) rather than struggling away in the second half.

"I'm happy we got the win but there's a few defensive errors that we spoke about at the start of the week and we just lacked discipline."

http://www.nrl.com/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER