Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Round 23: Melbourne Storm vs Gold Coast Titans

FRIDAY

Melbourne Storm v Gold Coast Titans at AAMI Park, 7:35pm (local). #NRLMELGLD

STORM: Billy Slater, Sisa Waqa, Justin O'Neill, Will Chambers, Anthony Quinn, Gareth Widdop, Cooper Cronk, Jesse Bromwich, Cameron Smith, Jason Ryles, Sika Manu, Ryan Hoffman, Ryan Hinchcliffe. Interchange (from): Todd Lowrie, Bryan Norrie, Jaiman Lowe, Kevin Proctor, Rory Kostjasyn

TITANS: William Zillman, Kevin Gordon, Jamal Idris, Steve Michaels, David Mead, Aidan Sezer, Scott Prince, Luke Bailey, Matt Srama, Luke Douglas, Nate Myles, Mark Minichiello, Ashley Harrison. Interchange (from): Matt White, Ben Ridge, Luke O'Dwyer, Beau Falloon, Greg Bird
    #itaintweaktospeak

My feeling is that the Team peaked on Sunday, with that massive let down I reckon Storm will pump us. Hope Im wrong
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Hopefully Bellamy rests a few.

However I hope we come up against Slater, he is no where near 100%.

If anyone watched the Storms last match it was as u would expect the Slater,Cronk & Smith show up against one of the worst 40 minutes a footy team could play
    Smith to Cronk inside to Slater or
    Smith to Slater inside to Cronk

Defence around the ruck was touch footy it shouldn't happen to any side who thinks they'll make the 8.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    My feeling is that the Team peaked on Sunday, with that massive let down I reckon Storm will pump us. Hope Im wrong
    I hope you are too but I think you're right. In hindsight my comment about Mead could have been spread across a few more of the younger blokes in the team and when it was apparent that the game was gone so did their energy levels.

We can drop one more game but no more and certainly not by any largish margin. This week every tackling machine we have should start.

1. Zillman
    2. Gordon
    3. Bird
    4. Idris
    5. Mead
    6. Sezer
    7. Prince
    8. Bailey
    9. Srama
    10. Douglas
    11. Ridge
    12. Myles
    13. Harrison

14. White
    15. Minichiello
    16. O'Dwyer
    17. Peyroux*

* I also think Michaels went ok but he can only cover one position and is at best a 50/50 proposition, Peyroux can lock up one side in defence.
    Last edited by Titanic; 06-08-12 at 03:21 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    While I'm always happy to be proven wrong, I think this will play a big part. I'd imagine the self belief has been rattled and it will take a lot of maturity to get back on the horse.

Melbourne are a sleeping giant. Anyone thinking it'll be a cake walk is crazy.

Will Bird be right to play?
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

I'm not confident about this game at all. I just have a bad feeling about this one and think the Storm will drill us. God I hope I'm wrong.

Junior Titan Sexy pecksy kahuna shark's Avatar

I reckon we can roll em.
    Penrith are garbage, and are the worst team in the competition.
    I rate our 4 point loss to Souths, higher than the Storms 40 off point win over Penrith.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy pecksy kahuna shark View Post
    I rate our 4 point loss to Souths, higher than the Storms 40 off point win over Penrith.
    faarrrrk...you gotta get of the gear bro...28 days might do it

I'm as worried as everyone else over here especially from the disappointment that was yesterday's game. But if the boys have the maturity and mental fortitude to put it behind them and get up for this game, then we know that they'll be able to compete if we make the finals and not just be making up the numbers.

Default Bird set to play against the Storm

Wayne Heming AAP Mon, Aug 06, 2012 - 6:32 PM

Gold Coast enforcer Greg Bird says he is over the mental letdown of State of Origin and "buzzing" about the prospect of returning against Melbourne on the weekend.

Bird is one of those players, like a Paul Gallen or Petero Civoniceva, whose mere presence lifts his teammates.

His all Origin back-row combination with Queensland duo Nate Myles and Ashley Harrison will be crucial in stopping Melbourne players pouring through the middle on Saturday night.

Bird's dodgy hamstring will be put to the test at training on Tuesday as the Titans fight to keep their season alive.

"I haven't really had a good solid run on it but I'll do that tomorrow," said Bird.

"I'm pretty confident."

Bird, who played in this year's Origin series which was decided 21-20 in game three, admitted it had been difficult returning to club football after such an emotional series.

"Sometimes after Origin it can be tough getting back into club footy," said Bird, who missed Sunday's loss to South Sydney after opting to give his hamstring an extra week.

"But after the couple of injuries I've had and the rest I've had I'm buzzing to get back out there."

A spectator on Sunday at Skilled Park, Bird felt the Titans had suffered from a few tough first-half calls.

"We were right in the game and it was only a few errors and a few dubious calls against and the guys dropped their heads a bit," said the NSW lock.

"We were there to win the game and given another opportunity I think we could knock them off."

Bird, who would have risked playing against Souths had it been a finals game, was confident the Titans could upset the Storm who snapped a five-game losing streak in comprehensive fashion last weekend.

The loss certainly hasn't dented coach John Cartwright's confidence about making the top eight either.

"I thought we played in patches as good as we've played, we just didn't finish our sets," Cartwright said.

This is getting close to last roll of the dice for us I think.
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

I think we can drop this one and sneak in but the Tigers must lose two.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I hope you are too but I think you're right. In hindsight my comment about Mead could have been spread across a few more of the younger blokes in the team and when it was apparent that the game was gone so did their energy levels.
    I thought that was one of Daves better tougher games, did 16 hitups and alot of hard metres. Alot more work compared to the fella inside him. He wanted more work but he just cant get into the game in a more attacking role while he is on the wing in this current setup. He should have gone to fullback for a bit. Even Kev is sniffing around on the other side of the field nowadays for a linebreak.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I think we can drop this one and sneak in but the Tigers must lose two.
    I think the Broncos are going to lose every game til the end of the year. They have Dogs, Manly and Storm and look to have lost Parker for the Season and Alex Glenn with a hammy.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]