Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Welcome to the forum Mr May.

As others have said, the Titans home page should have a direct link to the forum. We have been raising this simple issue for months. It should be very visible and easy to find.

There was a time, a few years ago, when we were like family on here, organising ourselves as supporter groups and bonding well. It would be awesome to get that back again.

Secondly, take some time to meet Brad/Diehard and listen to what he has to say. He is passionate, has no agenda other than wanting to see the Titans evolve, he understands media and he can bridge the gap between boardroom execs and fans. I sincerely suggest you should give him some of your valuable time, because he will repay it ten-fold.

Finally, my personal issue has always been a club song. I have made several suggestions in the past, and we have resurrected the old song/chant thread many times to try and get something us fans can all bond over, and sing as a victory song. Is this something you consider relevant to the club? Would you consider having a fan based contest to write a club song, with all entrants forgoing any rights and royalties to the song, just the honour of knowing they contributed to something so intrinsic to the club?

Thank you for your time.
    Am on the website issue. will get back to you.
    And am trying to spend time with everyone.
    The club song is important I think, but is something we will probably get to next season now I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Emailed pretty much as soon as this was posted and am yet to receive a reply, has anyone else had this?
    Will follow up

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Hi David

1. We used to have a link on the Titans.com.au website, which wasn't carried over when the site was redesigned. Alot of people used that link to access the Titans Forum.

If we could get that replaced, that'd be lovely.

The Legion has a facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/TitansLegion

It has 4,300 users which is pretty good. I used to post links to the Match Threads on facebook to attract new users. This is something I can put my hand up and do again.

But we get no mention on the Titans facebook or email communication.

I beleive that the Titans Forum is a great and unique asset. Not many clubs have them and over the years it has really helped network fans, build support, make ideas come to reality and make supporting the Titans alot more fun.

While we dont have a 100,000 facebook users, I consider us gourmet food and facebook and twitter fast food.

2. It'd be lovely if we could get some one from the footy department to come on. While we sometimes go ape on selections that is part of footy. But we'd love some tips and love some decisive info on injuries and signings/resignings.

3. Coaster is absolutely right in what he says. I don't feel that some Titans fans are being looked after. A little goes a long way. The Space Boys were the most amazing fanbased effort I've seen in Rugby League. Coaster's idea of quads and t shirt cannons and letting them go wild is on the money. They got awesome coverage on Channel 9 going around high fiving all the kids during the Broncos game. It's authentic and supporter based, not rent a crowd.

I'm not just alarmed by the drop in members and supporters, Im alarmed by Titans supporters not being as bigger fans as they used to be. I've seen people drop off the map.

Another example is Mick who used to do the amazing LegionTV show on youtube with me. He stopped because he felt that he wasnt getting support from the club. At the end of the day these types of people donate their time.

But you being on the Titans Forum is a good step forward.

4. Toads' point about merchandise is a good one and if we keep getting feedback like that, your time here will be well spent.

5. I also believe that the Membership Department is under resourced.
    Got it. Wasn't suggesting facebook as a replacement, just that you might find it a good source of new forum members.

D

Attempt number 3..

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    With no disrespect intended, just firing off a e-mail to make purchases is a bit below par these days. If anything, the online store needs a major overhaul and kept up to date on a regular basis. Apart from a few items, the website hasn't been updated since early 2010. What I feel we really need is something that resembles other clubs. If you'll look below, you'll see what I mean to what other clubs have..

Newcastle Knights
    West Tigers
    St George Dragons
    Penrith Panthers
    Melbourne Storm
    Brisbane Donkeys
    Nth Qld Cowboys
    Sydney Roosters
    Sydney Rabbitohs
    Parramatta Eels
    Cronulla Sharks
    Canberra Raiders
    Canterbury Bulldogs
    Manly Sea Eagles

Now this is what we have. We can't even purchase this years basic jerseys from the site.
    Gold Coast Titans

As I mentioned earlier, this isn't intended to have a shot at anyone. This is about trying to highlight one Department of the Gold Coast Titans that could do with a bit more polishing, to help improve the experience for the Fans/Punters, and simplify the purchasing side of it. As the Titans do have Fans beyond the Gold Coast.

I for one would rather see our funds go directly to the club as possible, even if the Merchandising side of it is leased out or not. Having spent $1000 of dollars at places like Goodscore, Rebel Sports and eBay over the years, isn't a great experience from my point of view. But if we had a 'One Stop Shop' surely that's gotta be better for everyone that is passionate about our Club.

Junior Titan Sexy pecksy kahuna shark's Avatar

Welcome aboard Dave,
    Firstly I'd just like to start off by saying how good was it to watch our team play some great footy yesterday, and although we came up just short, they gave it a great shot.

I'm curious to know what kind of route you'll be taking to take this club to the heights we all know they can achieve. Whilst watching yesterdays game, it became obvious to me that we should try and emulate the Rabbitohs mould. They seem like the benchmark at the moment, and generally cast a great vibe around league circles. Most neutral fans I know would rather Souths win the comp than say a club like Manly, or Moanly as they're widely regarded as in league circles.

Whilst we should target onfield success first, I believe it's equally important to try and get a great image similar to that that Souths have. Having coaches like Hasler and Toovey constantly complaining and whining casts a stench in the air, and I believe it's one our club could do without.

Just my opinion, but I believe we could learn a lot both on, and off the field from the Rabbitohs.

On another note. I didnt attend the game yesterday, but is there a way where we can stop Souths supporters from buying so many tickets? Perhaps by doing this contradicts what I said above, but I felt our home game advantage was given away yesterday as there was more than a strong chant for Souths. Similar scenario a few weeks back against the Warriors.
    Last edited by Sexy pecksy kahuna shark; 06-08-12 at 05:28 PM.

Though I do have one more question that I'd imagine will get left to your Department to answer. Why is it so that there's a Ray White Leasing sign out the front of the Centre of Excellence? Seems kinda odd considering the assurances we have been given lately.

Though I do have one more question that I'd imagine will get left to your Department to answer. Why is it so that there's a Ray White Leasing sign out the front of the Centre of Excellence? Seems kinda odd considering the assurances we have been given lately.
    There has been vacant floors in COE since the day they moved in
    #itaintweaktospeak

If that's the case, Pete. It's almost insulting to those supporters that have been screaming out for a Leagues Club.

Fair enough it's not that simple, as a lot of requirements have to be met. But nonetheless, it wouldn't be unachievable.

If that's the case, Pete. It's almost insulting to those supporters that have been screaming out for a Leagues Club.

Fair enough it's not that simple, as a lot of requirements have to be met. But nonetheless, it wouldn't be unachievable.
    Your not suggesting a Leagues club in the COE are u , it has been suggested before but it's not possible , the block of land next door has approval for such a venue but no one has taken up the offer, cost of the land would be drug money because of the Pre-approval ..
    #itaintweaktospeak

Default Welcome David May

Sorry for the late thread, I could'nt agree more with Coaster and Diehard with their comments. Myself and Direhard/Brad did spend alot of our own time, effort doing the Legion TV footy show in the first half of the season and at the start it took off fantastic, However the speed humps we did get were promises the club had made in assisting us to produce a quality youtube vidcast to our fellow Titans friends. we did'nt ask for much really, some footage of players etc.. and some give aways to keep the views watching following episodes. Most of us are professionals in our own fields of employment, I am involved with disaster management and as we all know it's been a hell of a few years for Queensland, so time is presious and limited outside work but we made the effort to produce these vidcasts sometimes finishing them at 3am in the morning so they could be uploaded on time. but this ended when we kept hitting our heads on the wall with zero support from the Titans. this firstly disapoints and upsets me as we did'nt do it for money or for fame, just look at our mugs lol. but we had something that our fellow supporters enjoyed and kept up to speed with Legion matters and club gossip and opinions. I just dont understand why would a club give commitment to a project then not support it.

Regards

Mick

There are two unleased floors of the building. And they are trying to find tenants for those floors.

Hi David. One thing the Titans finally did after countless requests since Game 2 in 2007 is actually add the tackle count to the screens at the game. It's a small but important thing for all fans, especially those not full on Rugby League fans.

Good to see you on here Mick!
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I am curious as to what position David expects the club to be in within five years. What KPIs will be in place for the coaching staff. The jump from bottom to midpack in a year is a good thing. Should we be expecting top four next year? If we aren't, where is the bar set to deem the season a success or a failure.

How are the under twenties going to be utilised? I think a lot of coin needs to be thrown at our twenties so we see improvement in that area both in ladder position and suitability of the players to jump from there to first grade.
    I love Aiden Sezer so much I made his profile pic my avatar.

The whole 20's issue needs to be looked at. Take the Warriors for example who have that great group of kids but can't hang on to them while other clubs like ours really don't seem to give a toss = bring back Reserve Grade.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Default cheers

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Hi David. One thing the Titans finally did after countless requests since Game 2 in 2007 is actually add the tackle count to the screens at the game. It's a small but important thing for all fans, especially those not full on Rugby League fans.

Good to see you on here Mick!
    Thanks mate, did'nt mean to have a bleet about the vidcast, looking forward to the boy's upsetting the storm Friday, should be a great game and the bird man is back